Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity
06-15-2013, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2013 01:52 PM by tiamat989.)
RE: Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity
think this problem will ever be fixed? not only is this easily the best phantasy star game its one of the best psp games ever. sorry for being impatietent
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2013, 08:06 PM
so anything new?
08-12-2013, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2013 08:38 PM by zetgeist.)
that glitch is still around... and post 1173-ge03acc4 an oddball black flicker has cropped up. only graphic options I didn't try for fixing it are the "make things prettier" ones that would slow things down to an unplayable level on my less than stellar comp.

edit 8/16/13: aaand many builds later, the flicker's still around. sound is smoother than back in 1173, but that flickering... and a little more futzing shows me that the slight slowdown I had before is now concentrated into bursts of jerkiness. back to the older build I go. orz
10-25-2013, 08:50 PM
there has been a breakthrough some one in the regular psp2 thread mentioned the graphic problem was caused by Tetxture coord speedhack
11-05-2013, 11:10 PM
a breakthrough would be the depth problems being fixed, not merely someone simply having an idea what the problem is.
04-22-2014, 09:55 PM
Hi, question has this issue every been fixed yet?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-20-2014, 04:36 AM
(03-08-2013 06:58 AM)RinkuFO Wrote:  Greetings! this is my first thread here in PPSSPP, i backuped PSP2i UMD into my computer to see the result of the emulation.
Disabling buffering will BSOD. This test was also same result with my Xperia S.

Current build tested: v0.7.6-340

Problems:
[(May 3, 2013) sorry for delay updating this thread]
Incorrect blooming objects (Attachment#7)
Areas are out of boundary/glitchy/disappearing polygons except floors & walls(?) [Comparison between Attachment#4 & 6 (turns a normal area on specific place/area like Attachment#6, while #4 is disappearing polygons; unless u get near to them narrowly)
05-20-2014, 04:05 PM
Since there is an almost half a year gap between the main discussion and the more recent bumps, I'm not sure if the disappearing polygon graphics glitch has been resolved, or if the people in discussion eventually found their workarounds for this problem.

Long story short:
Someone on the PPSSPP github came up with a workaround tweak quite some times ago, I tested it, and it seems to work fine, at the cost of some minor graphics artifacts. If anyone's still interested, feel free to PM or email me.

Short story long:
As for myself, couple of years ago I've enjoyed PSP2 on the original fat PSP hardware, unfortunately though my PSP did not age as gracefully as I hoped and the analogue stick is broken (crucial to just about all action games on the PSP) and nothing I could do short of getting another PSP could fix it. I gave up on it then, but a few weeks ago I came across this wonderful PPSSPP thing and my hope fired up once again. PPSSPP has yet again gained another faithful fanboy.

That's when i met this ungodly disappearing polygon rendering glitch, which basically makes this game unplayablly difficult as a lot of the times you, your side kicks, AND THE ENEMIES are invisible. A few hours into the game, on most of the free missions the small critters are somewhat manageable, but the big ones are another story altogether. As it is, a lot of times you actually won't know until a giant dragon the size of a monster truck smashes into your face.

Looking through the interweb led me to the github for the PPSSPP project itself. Basically, one person suggested altering the minimum and maximum rendering distance for the polygons, and has a screenshot of his tweak to prove that it works. Afterwards, it took me about a week poking around learning how to compile PPSSPP from its source, and applying the suggested tweak. And I can only say, it works. If you (like me) don't sweat the very minor rendering artifacts, the game is now perfectly playable.

As to why the tweak isn't already posted in forums, looking through the github seems to suggest that some procedures needs to happen before people can distribute copies of recompiled PPSSPP due to some licencing issues, which is not impossible but I suspect most people only cared about get their game going (myself included) and would rather not spend time on minor things like proper distribution their tweaks, specially when it isn't even technically a "fix".

Although I can now play the game, I would be very interested to know if anyone will eventually fix this glitch properly.
06-18-2014, 06:02 PM
(05-20-2014 04:05 PM)dhRPGamer Wrote:  Since there is an almost half a year gap between the main discussion and the more recent bumps, I'm not sure if the disappearing polygon graphics glitch has been resolved, or if the people in discussion eventually found their workarounds for this problem.

Long story short:
Someone on the PPSSPP github came up with a workaround tweak quite some times ago, I tested it, and it seems to work fine, at the cost of some minor graphics artifacts. If anyone's still interested, feel free to PM or email me.

I've received a number of requests for the tweaked main program, glad to see that it looks like PSP2i still hold a bit of affection from PSP gamers. In the case that there are others still that are interested and want to contact me, it would be good if you could include in your message:
- What OS you're running with.
- An email address that I could send to.
That'll make things go a little quicker, because if you don't, in my reply message I'll still ask you for them anyway. And since I most likely live in a different time zone than most, having to message back and forth will probably be slow and painful.

p.s. Apologies for the double post. I know I'm meant to use the EDIT function, but since the previous post is kinda long, I can see no way of editing the post to emphasis the new bits.

p.p.s. That and, it'll be nice if people actually ask properly, like, actually writing a sentence instead of "PPSSPP 4 PSP2i nao". I mean, it's not like if you didn't then I won't give it to you or anything, but it'll make me a little happier and speak a bit less of the f-word when I click the "send" button. :)
08-26-2014, 04:08 AM
Anyone can confirm if this game is broken on latest build?
After done creating character on PSP2i The game is thrown back to title screen (Like Soft Reset)
Tested on ppsspp-v0.9.9-45 , ppsspp-v0.9.9.1-133 on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
and ppsspp-v0.9.9.1 on Windows 7 and Android (Samsung Galaxy Note 3).

My Rig:
Intel Core i5-4690 3.5Ghz
Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3
MSI Geforce GTX 960 2048MB DDR5 - Gaming 100ME - Limited Edition
8GB DDR3
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit (Build 14393)
08-27-2014, 12:49 AM
Yeah, I just had a friend confirm that for me. Game is indeed resetting back to title screen after character creation.
08-27-2014, 01:04 AM
I can say only about the demo...it works fine.
After you create a character it returns you to the modes select(New game,Continue and so on)but once a character is created,you can start the game now.

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
09-16-2014, 02:05 PM
I've been playing the game on my Shield Tablet and I still notice 3d objects popping in on the walls. This is with no hacks enabled for speed(runs full speed without them anyways). Also, character shadows are missing on most ground surfaces at least in the beginning part of the game where I am.
11-20-2014, 09:02 AM
anyone can help me @_@,
there is no text in the character creation menus..

I'm using PPSSPP 0.9.9.1 automated build with D3D9 backend...

12-24-2014, 11:18 AM
Runs fine on ppsspp-v0.9.9.1-1288 no glitchs at all but with the depth range hack enabled .I would like to test the AdHoc, if someone is interested contact me on evolve.
ID : viktorhunter

p.s: Texts will not work with D3D switch back to openGL