Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Request: Changable resolution for Fullscreen
12-13-2014, 03:03 PM
Request: Changable resolution for Fullscreen
It would be awesome if someone implemented the option to choose the resolution when in Fullscreen mode.
My screen monitor is actually 1920x1080 but my GPU can't handle it well on that resolution.
Windowed mode in 1280x720 looks small on the screen so it would be great if we could choose 1280x720 or any other resolution for fullscreen mode.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2014, 06:46 PM
RE: Request: Changable resolution for Fullscreen
Normally if you select e.g. 1x PSP internal resolution, fullscreen should run fine on pretty much any desktop GPU.

Auto selects the internal resolution based on the window size. Don't use that.

-[Unknown]
12-13-2014, 09:02 PM
(12-13-2014 06:46 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Normally if you select e.g. 1x PSP internal resolution, fullscreen should run fine on pretty much any desktop GPU.

Auto selects the internal resolution based on the window size. Don't use that.

-[Unknown]

I know, but i don't want to sacrifice sharpness cause of that.
1280x720 looks better when its on native 1280x720 resolution than when its stretched on 1920x1080.
12-14-2014, 12:51 AM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2014 01:20 AM by LunaMoo.)
Except that lowered resolution will not be "native" anymore because lcd displays which are used by most people has constant size of "pixel" and forcing any different which is not exact multiplier, will result in pretty noticeable quality drop.

Unless you just mean huge amount of blur, then we already have solution for that, simply change screen scalling filter to nearest(I think only in git builds for now).

Screen scalling filter will not change anything in terms of how game renders, but will change the filter applied to stretching the resulting image to screen. Normally when it's set to linear as it was forced before, using resolutions lower than your screen will result in blur applied evenly to whole screen depending on resolution difference, with nearest, it'll leave it as sharp as it was before scalling making it look very similar to what you would get by changing fullscreen resolution to lower one on an crt screen, it might also be slightly faster(althrough probably unnoticeably).

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
12-14-2014, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2014 12:12 PM by GamerzHell9137.)
(12-14-2014 12:51 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Except that lowered resolution will not be "native" anymore because lcd displays which are used by most people has constant size of "pixel" and forcing any different which is not exact multiplier, will result in pretty noticeable quality drop.

Unless you just mean huge amount of blur, then we already have solution for that, simply change screen scalling filter to nearest(I think only in git builds for now).

Screen scalling filter will not change anything in terms of how game renders, but will change the filter applied to stretching the resulting image to screen. Normally when it's set to linear as it was forced before, using resolutions lower than your screen will result in blur applied evenly to whole screen depending on resolution difference, with nearest, it'll leave it as sharp as it was before scalling making it look very similar to what you would get by changing fullscreen resolution to lower one on an crt screen, it might also be slightly faster(althrough probably unnoticeably).

Thanks LunaMoo! Setting Screen Scaling Filter to nearest did the thing.