Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP missing a 'memory card'?
12-10-2014, 09:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2014 10:34 PM by ePilgrim.)
Question PPSSPP missing a 'memory card'?
Apparently the PPSSPP doesn't have a 'storage medium'?

So basically I'm trying to play Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode on my PC as a test run before they release the full translated version (from Japanese into English). The game appears to work perfectly fine but it would seem like it wants me to choose a memory card or something before I can even start playing it. Do I have to create a folder or tinker with something to make the PPSSPP think I have a memory card, or at least, some where to save? Or am I just screwed because of current issues with PPSSPP? The bottom line is that it won't allow me to create a new legitimate save and therefore I cannot progress through this section of the game. I'm a little bewildered with the fact that there are no visible settings for memory. The only thing close were the settings under the title of 'Emulation'.

Here is a screenshot of the in game error that won't allow me to progress further into the game. Yes, I am aware it's Japanese. That is not the issue and nor is the game. I'm wondering if I have to *do something* to set up a proper saving-system or something. Feel free to translate it though!

Got it translated...

The first attachment translates to:
"Save data not found
A storage medium with more than 365KB of available space is needed to store save data"

The second attachment translates to:
"Start game as-is? [presumably without save data]
Yes / No"

First, I load up the game... then the first attachment appears on the screen after it attempts to load. After that, the second attachment appears as the next prompt. Selecting either yes or no makes no difference and the game doesn't continue on from this point.

What is the issue here?
I just need to bump this up before bed... This issue has completed halted me and I have no idea what to do anymore. I've been hard at it trying to resolve this issue for 4 hours now.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: PPSSPP missing a 'memory card'?
This is not a chat, just a forum, be patient and don't bump stuff every hour and also no need to post same question in possibly unrelated threads, one thread is more than enough;p.

Also you sound like game being japanese is anything special. So is this your first japanese game?
I ask, because they have it opposite there and it's very common for people to get confused. Circle is used to confirm, while Cross is used to cancel, you cancel by pressing X which get's you back over and over again to initial message.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
12-10-2014, 10:45 PM
I can't believe you just told me off for confirming the same issue on other threads for being 'unrelated' and then you spieled off into some crap about it being Japanese when I *clearly* didn't implicate a thing.

Just go away man before this friggen thread gets hijacked; if you're just not going to post anything relevant leave the thread be and any more future rants about my conduct should be sent to my inbox not posted on the forum itself.

I take it you've never had this issue then? Considering you're so flippant of my problems.
12-10-2014, 10:54 PM
Chill out, I wasn't trying to be mean or anything just stated some facts about how forums function and trying to give you potential solution.

Anyway good luck with your "problems", that's the first I saw a person reaction like yours and to your pleasure, I will leave you alone and don't want to have anything to do with in the future.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
12-10-2014, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2014 10:57 PM by Ryudo.)
(12-10-2014 10:45 PM)ePilgrim Wrote:  I can't believe you just told me off for confirming the same issue on other threads for being 'unrelated' and then you spieled off into some crap about it being Japanese when I *clearly* didn't implicate a thing.

Just go away man before this friggen thread gets hijacked; if you're just not going to post anything relevant leave the thread be and any more future rants about my conduct should be sent to my inbox not posted on the forum itself.

I take it you've never had this issue then? Considering you're so flippant of my problems.

You need to take a chill pill bro. You really were hijacking someone elses thread, whether it was about a similar subject or not doesn't matter. But that's beside the point.

You didn't specify which version of PPSSPP you have here either. Someone mentioned in the same thread that you posted in that the latest builds from the buildbot site seemed to resolve the issue, so have you tried that? If that doesn't work then you're just out of luck and it's part of an incompatibility problem that happens with a few games and will have to be solved individually by the Devs, because you can't really change anything regarding the storage thing yourself.
12-10-2014, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2014 11:03 PM by ePilgrim.)
How the bloody hell am I hijacking someones thread by creating my own, with my own specific problems? I've scanned this forum for 5 hours now so don't you friggen dare suggest I could've resolved this problem by reading another thread. Bloody hell people! If it's beside the point, WHY say such nonsense???? Oh my god just leave all the personal crap aside and stick to the topic... and NO, it's fine that I'm mad. It's healthy and normal. You're both being totally ridiculous and I'm trying to slap this crap out of the way so you lot don't fixate on it (and by "it" I mean: what YOU PEOPLE think of me personally based on my posts, I simply don't care I'm only here to resolve an issue).

The bottom line is I have a technical issue. Can we focus on that?

In regards to your legitimate comment, yes, I have the most up-to-date PPSSPP. I only had just paid for it and downloaded it 6 ~ 7 hours ago.
12-12-2014, 05:53 AM
Maybe it creates after you save the first time, you just started with this game right? You didn't have a previous save which is why it couldn't find it, I assume.

Remember that Japanese games uses O for confirmation and X for cancel unlike in the west where it's the opposite.
Try again and press O on はい.