Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it possible to fix the input lag in Metal Slug Anthology and XX?
12-07-2014, 05:16 PM
In the menus it's fine, but when the game starts, there's high input lag, asif Vsync is turned on. The thing is, this is actually an in-game thing, not an emulator thing. Is it possible to fix that input lag or is it impossible to change?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2014, 09:48 PM
RE: Is it possible to fix the input lag in Metal Slug Anthology and XX?
I'm not sure it's lag. For me, if I fast forward, I get insane performance in the menu. It's doing almost nothing, so my Core i7 processor can just run circles around it and more.

Jumping seems to have a ~1 frame lag, maybe. Shooting I have no lag. But, if I fast forward ingame, I don't get insane performance. It's clearly harder to emulate.

It may be that you're experiencing lag because your graphical settings are too high.

-[Unknown]
12-08-2014, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2014 10:32 AM by dylstew.)
RE: Is it possible to fix the input lag in Metal Slug Anthology and XX?
Thanks for the reply. You're right about the shooting, that feels fine. It's just that th d pad and jumping feels of. I'm going to try to change more settings and see what happens.
However, in Megaman Powered Up I don't have this problem at all.

Btw, great emulator, Megaman Powered Up was perfect!

Edit: oooooh, I know what the problem is! The PSP version runs at 30 fps instead of 60, while the Neo Geo version runs at 60. In the menus, the game does run at 60 fps.
Is there some kind of hack that forces 60 fps on the game? I can run it at 60 at double speed, but would there be something that could make it run at 60 at normal speed?