Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP does not work anymore. It used to work well though
11-23-2014, 08:00 AM
PPSSPP does not work anymore. It used to work well though
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums here and i know many of you must be very very very busy, but i need help.

I've been using ppsspp for years now, mostly playing the first disgaea, and i have never had problems before.[/size]

I stopped playing for awhile, but i recently got back into it. And when i went to my favorite level to grind, i got the "PPSSPP has stopped working" message. I assume it had something to do with all those enemies moving simultaneously, but this had never happened before and i had played this level many many times before. But now i can't play it anymore or else ppsspp crashes. I'm afraid of ppsspp crashing whenever i have to fight multiple enemies at once in-game.

What changed that doesn't allow multiple enemies to be moving on screen anymore? How can i fix this? Can i fix it by using the ppsspp settings or doing something with the files?

Graphics card: Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2014, 11:33 AM
Information RE: PPSSPP does not work anymore. It used to work well though
I recommend that you update to the latest version of PPSSPP found here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php

As there have been great improvements to the emulator since 0.9.8, and re-test the game to see if that fixes the crashes. Cool
11-24-2014, 02:23 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014 02:31 AM by Whoppers.)
RE: PPSSPP does not work anymore. It used to work well though
Well, while the updated emulator looks more better and sounds more better now, The game still crashed at the same spot. Thank you anyway though, I really appreciate it. The games data said i had beaten that level 10 times in the past, i remember that level being nice to grind on. But not i just cant play it anymore.

On the bright side, i confirmed that the emulator does NOT crash during similar events of multiple enemies moving at the same time during an enemy turn, but i am experiencing a lot of new glitches in the game that were not happening months ago.

OKAY this is just weird. I think the game itself is the problem, maybe. These glitches never happened before, so i thought i would load a save state from months ago of the same playthrough. Everything that would now trigger a glitch, doesnt trigger a glitch anymore. Sounds simple enough. I guess il just catch up to where i currently was in the game from an earlier save state and cross my fingers that the glitches dont return. Maybe il just use another Disgaea rom, if there is one, to be safe.

I am not sure any of this will make much of a difference though, the glitches and crashing could always come back ;_;
11-24-2014, 03:16 AM
You may have used settings, cheats, or even encountered a bug that caused problems. Especially if you were using savestates only and not in-game saves.

-[Unknown]
11-24-2014, 04:22 AM
(11-24-2014 03:16 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  You may have used settings, cheats, or even encountered a bug that caused problems. Especially if you were using savestates only and not in-game saves.

-[Unknown]

Yeah, i plan to be more careful this time around. I didn't use cheats but i did have a bad habit of only using savestates. Though that was because i didn't know how to create in-game saves. The game checks for a memory card if you select continue in the start menu. But if you decide to save the game, your character will just stand there doing nothing until you press Circle or something. I think its a problem with the rom maybe. Or is there another way i can create saves?
11-24-2014, 05:09 AM
Not sure, Disagaea saving definitely worked last time I tried it. If you're worried it's a bad copy, make sure you're not downloading it from somewhere else (not even sure if that's legal), just pull it from your own copy.

-[Unknown]
11-24-2014, 07:55 PM
Oh man, i feel like a fuckin super hero or something now just from how good and relieved i feel right now.
After downloading so many emulators, 4 roms of disgaea, and a bunch of WinRar and 7zip programs, i found a simple solution.

I got a new disgaea rom that supported in-game saving, unlike the previous rom i used, and i moved over my saved data. Man, this feels amazing. Thanks for helping me out guys and providing options and advice, I really appreciate it!