Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Seriously.. wtf performance?
11-24-2014, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014 09:12 PM by fivefeet8.)
RE: Seriously.. wtf performance?
Adreno-specific performance has improved with the continued efforts by the PPSSPP devs, but not much has improved from Qualcomm driver development. Compared to IOS devices and the K1 Soc, performance is comparably still worse off in the general sense(not game specific and all cases).

Type-0 has some gameplay that runs fine, but it's not consistent across much of the game. Much the same with other games I've tried on my Adreno devices. They run fine some of the time depending on the gameplay going on, but usually when there are more stuff happening onscreen, it slows down. An example that I've observed is when playing Little Big Planet. It runs fine on my M8 until I get to a level with any smoke or lots of smoke effects. Then the performance starts going down. To keep it consistent with performance, I have to reduce the resolution and disable some post process effects. This doesn't happen on my Shield Tablet.

I realize I'm comparing a Tablet to a Phone, but the SOCs don't change much whether in a phone or Tablet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Seriously.. wtf performance? - StarzXFP - 11-22-2014, 03:01 AM
RE: Seriously.. wtf performance? - emmaus - 11-22-2014, 07:57 AM
RE: Seriously.. wtf performance? - toofan - 11-23-2014, 07:06 AM
RE: Seriously.. wtf performance? - fivefeet8 - 11-24-2014 09:07 PM