Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Connection problem in every game? [HELP]
11-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Sad Connection problem in every game? [HELP]
Hi guys , I just wanted to play PPSSPP online with Hamachi , I have set up everything accurately and there is nothing wrong with my set up.
When ever I go to adhoc mode of supported games , either it keeps on loading or gets stuck or shows "A communication error has occurred"
Do anybody know why is that? Yesterday my friend who can play games online flawlessly used Teamviewer to control my PC , he checked my set up and everything was alright but still the problem appears always.
I have tried different versions of PPSSPP too , created different hamachi networks and everything possible!
I've tried Monster Hunter Freedom Unite , DBZ Tenkaichi Tag Team , Tekken DR and Tekken 6 so far , I receive the same error.
What might be the problem?

PS : I have disabled fast memory , put host's ip in settings and also his mac address (changed a number but its in same format)

Please help!!!! Thanks in advance! Confused

The Signature!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2014, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2014 01:20 PM by lumune.)
RE: Connection problem in every game? [HELP]
First of all you do know Hamachi needs open ports to work properly, right? If in doubt use Evolve, it's much better because it "punches" a hole through your router via UPnP so ports aren't a issue there.

Make sure WLAN is checked and also make sure you're not using any extra firewalls and have added an exception to PPSSPP on Windows Firewall when prompted the first time the emulator tried to get online.

I see you have tried with MHFU and Tekken 6 and it still returned the error. My guess it may be a firewall problem, either on your end or on your friends end.

MHFU and Tekken 6 doesn't require open ports to work so these games are preferred to test online connectivity for the first time.

Also, if you're on android i can't help you since i don't own one and some games that work on PC and a real PSP doesn't on Android or mobile devices, so i've read.

Good luck.
11-21-2014, 02:00 PM
(11-21-2014 01:18 PM)lumune Wrote:  First of all you do know Hamachi needs open ports to work properly, right? If in doubt use Evolve, it's much better because it "punches" a hole through your router via UPnP so ports aren't a issue there.

Make sure WLAN is checked and also make sure you're not using any extra firewalls and have added an exception to PPSSPP on Windows Firewall when prompted the first time the emulator tried to get online.

I see you have tried with MHFU and Tekken 6 and it still returned the error. My guess it may be a firewall problem, either on your end or on your friends end.

MHFU and Tekken 6 doesn't require open ports to work so these games are preferred to test online connectivity for the first time.

Also, if you're on android i can't help you since i don't own one and some games that work on PC and a real PSP doesn't on Android or mobile devices, so i've read.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot , take a Positive 1 Big Grin
I'm on windows 8.1 and I have turned the windows firewall totally off ,
I'm guessing it might be my router problem since it doesn't support UPNP and DMZ is unavailable for now since the provider has put a security firewall on it.

I'll try evolve or tunngle , do they require upnp to be turned on?

The Signature!
11-21-2014, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2014 02:12 PM by lumune.)
(11-21-2014 02:00 PM)Haseeb Wrote:  
(11-21-2014 01:18 PM)lumune Wrote:  First of all you do know Hamachi needs open ports to work properly, right? If in doubt use Evolve, it's much better because it "punches" a hole through your router via UPnP so ports aren't a issue there.

Good luck.

I'm guessing it might be my router problem since it doesn't support UPNP and DMZ is unavailable for now since the provider has put a security firewall on it.

I don't know about Tunngle but Evolve does require UPnP to be on for it's Party System to work.

Don't worry though, because Evolve has an option for you to input an open UDP port in case you cannot use UPnP for some reason.

Needless to say, you'll need to open an UDP port (or use one that's already open) in your router using this alternative method.
11-21-2014, 02:37 PM
(11-21-2014 02:11 PM)lumune Wrote:  
(11-21-2014 02:00 PM)Haseeb Wrote:  

Good luck.

I don't know about Tunngle but Evolve does require UPnP to be on for it's Party System to work.

Don't worry though, because Evolve has an option for you to input an open UDP port in case you cannot use UPnP for some reason.

Needless to say, you'll need to open an UDP port (or use one that's already open) in your router using this alternative method.

Oh yeah , I can open UDP port , I've opened it before for Xlink kai.
There's only one problem , I don't know the port number of PPSSPP ,
it was 30000 for xlink kai.
Can you please tell me?

The Signature!
11-21-2014, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2014 08:40 PM by lumune.)
Haseeb Wrote:Oh yeah , I can open UDP port , I've opened it before for Xlink kai.
Can you please tell me?

The UDP port that you're going to open is for Evolve only.

Once you're connected in a Party on Evolve with your friends, you don't need to open any other ports. Evolve will get all ports through (including the ones that are closed) via UPnP. Since you don't have UPnP, it will get them through via that UDP port.

You'll need to set this port number on the Evolve "Parties" tab, which opens after you've enabled the "Party System".

I.e.: The thrid party program based on the aemu project by coldbird, called AdhocServer.exe uses port TCP 27312 to host games. You don't need to have this port open if you've got UPnP (or set up an UDP port) and you're using Evolve, it'll automatically open it for you, once you use it. The same applies for all the games which require different ports to be open to work properly, that's why Evolve is much better for games that use random ports every time.

Long story short, one port (UDP) to open them all. Or if you've got an UPnP capable router just install Evolve's Party System and be happy, he'll detect UPnP by default.
11-22-2014, 10:34 AM
(11-21-2014 08:30 PM)lumune Wrote:  
Haseeb Wrote:Oh yeah , I can open UDP port , I've opened it before for Xlink kai.
Can you please tell me?

The UDP port that you're going to open is for Evolve only.

Once you're connected in a Party on Evolve with your friends, you don't need to open any other ports. Evolve will get all ports through (including the ones that are closed) via UPnP. Since you don't have UPnP, it will get them through via that UDP port.

You'll need to set this port number on the Evolve "Parties" tab, which opens after you've enabled the "Party System".

I.e.: The thrid party program based on the aemu project by coldbird, called AdhocServer.exe uses port TCP 27312 to host games. You don't need to have this port open if you've got UPnP (or set up an UDP port) and you're using Evolve, it'll automatically open it for you, once you use it. The same applies for all the games which require different ports to be open to work properly, that's why Evolve is much better for games that use random ports every time.

Long story short, one port (UDP) to open them all. Or if you've got an UPnP capable router just install Evolve's Party System and be happy, he'll detect UPnP by default.

Ok thanks a lot , I'll try Evolve now Big Grin

The Signature!