Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Various issues with God eater burst and God eater 2
11-15-2014, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2014 08:00 PM by lolful64.)
Various issues with God eater burst and God eater 2
So after getting an actual PSP (PSP go pearl white) I decided to take all of my games and various save files onto my PSP. For the most part they all worked fine, apart from God eater burst and god eater 2 (the games I tend to play the most). I'm not so sure what it is about the God eater franchise but PPSSPP clearly doesn't agree with it :/

Graphically related issues
-In both games playing this on ppsspp always has the avatar card image fail to render, I either get a blank looking outline with "no image" (or something along those lines) instead of what should be there (me) or other times I don't even get the outline at all.
-Saving on GE2 causes the screen to flicker between the actual game and a black screen. Not really much of an issue since it's highly insignificant and only flickers during the saving but it is a strange graphical oddity nonetheless.

Save file related issues
-If the save files are moved over from PPSSPP to my PSP go (for both games) the save files fail to load, completely (save files from PPSSPP attached if you want to try). My PSP seems to begin loading, then gives up and returns back to the title screen (or whatever screen preceded it).
-PSP created save files play and load fine on PPSSPP but if I create a save on the PSP, save the game when playing on PPSSPP then bring that save to my PSP it doesn't load. Regardless of where it was created once PPSSPP has saved over it, it's gone.
-GE2 was the only game with a PPSSPP created save file I could actually get working (after much hassle), although it failed to load on the PSP I was able to "import" the save data, after importing it my save file finally loaded. I lost all my story progress but I still had all my equipment and various things so it's not a total loss I suppose.

I think that the avatar card image and the save loading issues are both somehow related to how PPSSPP saves the games. Maybe PPSSPP doesn't create a new image once you change equipment? Maybe it corrupts the save in some way, shape or form? I really have no clue.

Any ways, any help regarding the save issues would be appreciated Smile

PC specs
Windows version - Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
PPSSPP version - (0.9.9) 64 bit version
CPU type and speed- Intel core i3-3217U CPU (1.80GHz)
RAM - 8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable)
Graphics card - what graphics card? I'm too poor for this kinda thing ( ;~; )

Attached File(s)
.zip  NPJH50832099c645531020001000.zip (Size: 614.45 KB / Downloads: 616)
.zip  ULUS105630680502102040001000.zip (Size: 948.16 KB / Downloads: 457)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2014, 02:57 AM
RE: Various issues with God eater burst and God eater 2
You most definitely want to try the latest git build. The saving thing was already fixed (afaik), along with some other issues affecting these games. The saving issues were actually related to minor rounding differences in floating point math. It was a pain to figure that much out, but then not too bad to fix.

You'll need to turn off an option in system settings to get old save games to load (ones saved with PPSSPP before the fix.)

-[Unknown]
11-16-2014, 08:24 AM
(11-16-2014 02:57 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  You most definitely want to try the latest git build. The saving thing was already fixed (afaik), along with some other issues affecting these games. The saving issues were actually related to minor rounding differences in floating point math. It was a pain to figure that much out, but then not too bad to fix.

You'll need to turn off an option in system settings to get old save games to load (ones saved with PPSSPP before the fix.)

-[Unknown]

So in theory if I got the new git build, loaded my old unfixed ppsspp save and saved the game again would it then be fixed?

What setting would I need to turn off in the system setting to get it to load?
11-16-2014, 11:14 PM
It says "Respect FPU rounding (disable for old GEB saves)". Uncheck it to load your old save.

I think the process would be:

1. Load the game with the setting changed from the default (it will refuse to load if you don't change the setting, so you'll know you found the right one.
2. Pause and change the setting back.
3. Save the game (note: you won't be able to load the game with older versions of PPSSPP anymore.)

-[Unknown]
11-17-2014, 06:11 AM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2014 06:21 AM by lolful64.)
(11-16-2014 11:14 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  It says "Respect FPU rounding (disable for old GEB saves)". Uncheck it to load your old save.

I think the process would be:

1. Load the game with the setting changed from the default (it will refuse to load if you don't change the setting, so you'll know you found the right one.
2. Pause and change the setting back.
3. Save the game (note: you won't be able to load the game with older versions of PPSSPP anymore.)

-[Unknown]

I didn't know it actually had that option there the whole time, sure do feel stupid now. XD Thanks for the help, works great now.

EDIT: Is there a "this game will have problems with FPU rounding" list that I should be aware of? I don't want to run into any more GEB incidents while playing my games.
11-17-2014, 04:08 PM
Just leave the option at the default (checked), and you'll be fine. That's the way the PSP behaves. It's only an option to allow you to load old saves from GEB.

It also fixed an issue in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. So if you play that game, you'll doubly want to leave it checked.

-[Unknown]