Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to PPSSPP.
11-13-2014, 05:28 PM
New to PPSSPP.
Hello. I recently got a new laptop (won a bet for a few hundred bucks and blew it on a my laptop). And i just wanted to know wether or not my laptop could run games like God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta at full speed on PPSSPP? Also Dissidia 012? Currently the laptop has the following statistics.

16GB DDR3 Ram. 4GB Vram (Video ram). 3.4 GHz quad core i7 processor (overclocked 4.0), and a internal 2 terabyte hard drive.

Im not good with computers or laptops....this is only my 2nd one and i just wanted to know if it will do ok. My old laptop couldnt handle it very well (maxed at 35-50 FPS).

Thnx for the assistance and information!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2014, 06:41 PM
RE: New to PPSSPP.
It will probably run a lot above full speed.
I know laptops can be weaker than pcs but I cleared both GoW games on Pentium 4 2.8Ghz,6600GT and 1GB ram.I just set the cpu speed to 80 and I got nice playable speed.

On my old pc without changing the cpu speed at the title screen of GoW GS,I could barely reach 30fps(50% of the normal speed)and now it's running at above 500%

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
11-13-2014, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2014 07:51 PM by Defil3d3500.)
(11-13-2014 06:41 PM)vsub_ Wrote:  It will probably run a lot above full speed.
I know laptops can be weaker than pcs but I cleared both GoW games on Pentium 4 2.8Ghz,6600GT and 1GB ram.I just set the cpu speed to 80 and I got nice playable speed.

On my old pc without changing the cpu speed at the title screen of GoW GS,I could barely reach 30fps(50% of the normal speed)and now it's running at above 500%

yes! thank you! ill download the emulator and see how well it runs. Is it possible to make it run on all 4 cores instead of just 1 core to increase its speed?

Also how did you change the CPU speed? if possible could you elaborate?

Also a reason i made this post is that ive heard alot of emulation, specifically nintendo wii , PS2 and psp emulation creates an even higher demand on your computer than even most actual PC games.....like my old laptop could run Dark Souls 2(with graphics turned down quite a bit) at full speed, but could never in a trillion years run ps2 or wii emulation.....it had 4GB DDR2 ram, intel 2 core duo t9400 2.53GHz processor, no Vram, and a small 500GB hard drive....so im hoping the new one does a lot better(and so far it has), ive re-installed several of my games from my external hard drive(i keep the installers) and theyve all been running with no lag (except watch dogs strangely enough) on fairly high settings. about the only things i havent tried are PSP/ps2/wii emulation and a few other PC games.

So...yeah i really appreciate the help. < if you can elaborate on how to change CPU speed id be greatful.
11-13-2014, 09:03 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2014 09:10 PM by vsub_.)
It's in the ppsspp settings=>System=>Change emulated PSP's CPU clock.
The change have effect when you set a value before starting the game.

Keep in mind that lower values can give you more speed but at the same time it can do the opposite for other games and case other problems.

About PS2/Wii...on my new pc,I can run any game I tried at native resolution at at least 3 times the normal speed

And about the cores,it depends on the program,not every program can use more than one core but pcsx2/ppsspp,dolphin can use more than one,just check the options

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
11-14-2014, 02:27 AM
You should easily be able to run ppsspp at full speed. I emulate on an older macbook (mid-2009) that isn't designed for gaming at all. It has 2.66 GHz with 2 cores and 4GB ram and I've been able to complete the "nicer" looking psp games with consistent full speed (even with higher resolutions and texture scaling enhancements turned on). Additionally, I run ppsspp through Wine. You running it natively without Wine with your much better specs shouldn't have any issues.

Also, if you want ppsspp to use more than one core, make sure the "multithreaded" box is checked under settings--->system on the emulator.
11-20-2014, 05:35 AM
Damn that specs Confused

That can probably emulate most games at x5 resolution with or higher with Upscaling and Custom Shaders without lagging Undecided

Chill and Go with the flow ~d[o_o]b~

@YT - youtube.com/user/SuperHack333/videos

Specs:
MDL: Dell G7 15 7590 (Laptop)
OPS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750h @ 2.60 Ghz ~ 4.50 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 @ 1455 Mhz ~ 1590 Mhz
RAM: Micron Tech. 8GB DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz (4x2)
12-12-2014, 07:30 PM
hi can u please link me a ppsspp fix builder for nokia x7-00 help me Sad
12-13-2014, 12:15 PM
(11-20-2014 05:35 AM)cybercjt Wrote:  Damn that specs Confused

That can probably emulate most games at x5 resolution with or higher with Upscaling and Custom Shaders without lagging Undecided

I don't see him posting what GPU he has? And if he's using an chipset/integrated GPU
then its most likely a HDXXXX which runs like shite.

You would need a dedicated GPU and cause of that its slowing down. W/e CPU you got, you still need a great GPU for any kind of emulation.

And iirc PPSSPP isn't CPU heavy but a GPU is a must.
12-13-2014, 02:23 PM
I disagree. The Intel HD GPUs are enough to run PPSSPP, I've tried a lot of games on them, and ran fine. Of course you can't exaggerate. My crap G33/G31 (GMA 3100) runs PPSSPP decently, and it is way worse than HD series.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro