07-08-2014, 05:05 AM
Error loading file: Could not find executable disc0:/PSP_GAME/SYSDIR/BOOT.BIN
So I just tried to load an iso into PPSSPP and I keep getting this message:

Error loading file: Could not find executable disc0:/PSP_GAME/SYSDIR/BOOT.BIN

and I have no clue what to make of it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2014, 08:13 AM
RE: Error loading file: Could not find executable disc0:/PSP_GAME/SYSDIR/BOOT.BIN
what game did you dump and did you apply any translation patches?
07-10-2014, 03:06 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 03:10 AM by BrioCyrain.)
RE: Error loading file: Could not find executable disc0:/PSP_GAME/SYSDIR/BOOT.BIN
(07-08-2014 08:13 AM)Bigpet Wrote:  what game did you dump and did you apply any translation patches?

I have tried The Third Birthday a few times and I didn't apply any translation patches, I also tried a few other games that I can't really remember the name without patches and still got the same error.

EDIT: Also I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit if that means anything.
07-10-2014, 05:51 AM
What this means is that the iso does not have the proper files on it to be a PSP game. It could be a bad rip, I recommend re-ripping from your UMD, as described here:
http://ppsspp.org/faq.html

-[Unknown]
07-10-2014, 11:24 PM
Found out what the issue was, guess I was supposed to unzip the .r00 files a certain way to where they would convert into the ISO.
11-16-2014, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2014 02:54 PM by vnctdj.)
This error thing has been bugging me so much for a couple days now when it started happening to Little Big Planet... I tried downloading the isos from both [Censored] and from [Censored] but I get the same crappy note on my ppsspp gold on my shield saying error could not find executable disc. It's already happened to Dissidia 012, Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley, and of course Little Big Planet. I'm really hoping that Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep won't be on the error list man.. Angry

Edit by vnctdj : Piracy is not allowed on our forum, please respect the rules.
11-16-2014, 06:09 PM
Dude, read the rules. You don't get support for piracy here and mentioning sites by name can easily get you banned
11-16-2014, 11:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2014 11:17 PM by [Unknown].)
Better yet, buy your games. Alternatively, if you want all games to turn into FarmVille and other crappy games that people do actually pay for, keep not paying for them. They will evaporate over time as you wish.

Of course, the above is sarcasm. I would never recommend anyone break the laws of their country, though I don't know what country you're in.

-[Unknown]