Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP port to vita maybe possible.
11-08-2014, 09:19 PM
PPSSPP port to vita maybe possible.
The PS vita has support for c++ with JIT, which is needed for PPSSPP to work.
To make PPSSPP on the Vita we could use PSM Development Kit to port it.
PSM Delevopment kit is free, along with developer lisence, but obviously Playstation
will not allow PPSSPP to be on the playstation store, therefore wil not be able to be downloaded
on to the vita.

However there is a work around for this. When you sign up as a psm developer, a new application
for the vita will appear in the download list. This tool is PSM runtime assistant, it is a tool to test
PSM games on the vita. When Device is connected to PC the ported version of PPSSPP will be uploaded
on to the vita for testing purposes.

This will allow PPSSPP to work on the vita. Why would you want to do this when there are exploits on the
vita that will allow you to play homebrews anyway.
You would want to do this because it is allot less fathing arround than updating and reinstalling exploit homebrew games.
And it will allow you to run psp isos/csos.

Please write your thoughts and opinions on the idea of a ppsspp port for the vita.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: PPSSPP port to vita maybe possible.
That would still violate the PSM developer license agreement that you have to sign to get the PSM tools.
11-10-2014, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2014 04:34 PM by starcade1000.)
RE: PPSSPP port to vita maybe possible.
and who really cares, as long as it is not used for cracked psp games and only free homebrews such as lamecraft. I don't think sony could care less. And besides there is already a nes emulator on the vita through PSM, so what gives.

Any way I started work on a ps vita port while back, the way I did it was a port pelya's SDL to the vita running a really dumbed down version of linux. Results were quite terrible but that was when this emulator was in a earlier phase. I am thinking of re-making it with a more resent version of ppsspp like 0.82 or 0.9.5 because I have Heard that newer versions of PPSSPP is very unstable for ARM. (Don't know whether it is true or not.)