Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Galaxy Note 4 Help KH birth by sleep
11-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Galaxy Note 4 Help KH birth by sleep
I used these settings utubedotcom /watch?v=K-Rq2sEl4R0

Problems -
1) Sometimes the audio is choppy/laggy as hell.
2) Frame drops sometimes.
3) Black screen for occasionally for 1 second sometimes.

Is the 2k display causing this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2014, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2014 05:51 PM by fivefeet8.)
RE: Galaxy Note 4 Help KH birth by sleep
Can you try setting rendering to buffered mode? I think it's needed for some of the effects in KH BBS. Does your Note 4 have the Snapdragon/Adreno chipset? If you run the game in non-buffered rendering, then it's running the games at your device's native resolution. That could cause it to be slow because the Note 4 has such a high resolution display. Using Buffered rendering, you should be able to set the internal and device resolution to 2x which should give you better performance. You could even probably run the game at 4x resolution which is 1080p.
11-08-2014, 06:52 PM
(11-07-2014 05:50 PM)fivefeet8 Wrote:  Can you try setting rendering to buffered mode? I think it's needed for some of the effects in KH BBS. Does your Note 4 have the Snapdragon/Adreno chipset? If you run the game in non-buffered rendering, then it's running the games at your device's native resolution. That could cause it to be slow because the Note 4 has such a high resolution display. Using Buffered rendering, you should be able to set the internal and device resolution to 2x which should give you better performance. You could even probably run the game at 4x resolution which is 1080p.

I changed it to buffered mode. And I turned on FPS counter to see what's happening.

- Beginning cut scene before you reach newgame/continuegame/installgame I get 60 fps for that cutscene.

- Once I started the game and reach the cut scenes it changes to 30 fps even when it's the same one from the beginning of the game( my first point above)

- When roxas was dropping down from the sky in a white robe to the broken heart circle. I got 13 fps

- In game I get like 20-30ish fps usually in the low 20's. Which I think is unplayable and I still get that audio studdering sht.
11-08-2014, 10:51 PM
I have a note 4 also (snapdragon) and had a note 3 previously. The snapdragon chip isn't really that great for newer emulation to be honest, so it's normal for it to run kind of poorly. For example in gundam vs gundam the note 3 was averaging 19fps in the first level. On the note 4, I was averaging high 20s.

Meanwhile on the ipad air 2, with frameskip set to 1, I was at 100%. So the culprit is the snapdragon I'd say.
11-10-2014, 02:18 PM
You are getting audio stuttering because you are getting framedrops. Does it stutter when it's full speed as well. I can play the game fine with zero Frameskip on my Shield Tablet at 4xNative. It's amazing how bad the Qualcomm Adreno drivers are for OpenGL that even the Note4 still has issues with PPSSPP performance. I would have thought the Adreno 420 would be able to alleviate or mask some of those issues, but apparantly, I was wrong.

What resolution are your running the game at with buffered rendering? 4x? 2x? You could trying lowering it to 2x if you are using 4x.
11-10-2014, 11:42 PM
Game runs at 30 FPS for me on my Xperia Z3, except when transitioning between scenes which doesn't interrupt gameplay at all. I use:

Buffered rendering
Simulate block transfer checked
frameskipping OFF
Postprocessing shader OFF
Stretch to display unchecked
Small display unchecked
Rendering resolution Auto
Display resolution Auto
Mipmapping checked
Hardware transform checked
Software skinning checked
Vertex Cache checked
Lazy tecture caching, retain changed textures, disable slower effects all unchecked
Spline/Bezier curves quality Low
Upscale level Off
Upscale type xBRZ
Deposterize unchecked
Anisotropic filtering Off
Texture filtering Linear
Timer hack unchecked
Disable alpha test unchecked
Disable stencil test unchecked
Force depth write Unchecked
Texture coord speedhack Unchecked
Software rendering unchecked

In System:

Fast memory checked
Multithreaded, I/O on thread, Force real clock sync, and Atomic audio locks all unchecked
Change emulated PSP's CPU clock to 333 mhz

I think that's all that would affect your speed. I get a consistent 30-32 FPS when Roxas is falling in the white robe, and throughout the game after that.