Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will VR headsets be supported on the PPSSPP Android Port?
11-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Will VR headsets be supported on the PPSSPP Android Port?
Gameface Labs has PPSSPP listed as one of the products to be supported by their Android VR headset (sorry I can't post links. You'll have to google it yourself). If this is true, I'd be curious to know in what manner this would be done.

Will the emulator have a means of rendering PSP games in stereoscopic 3D? I understand this would be a monumentally huge undertaking. It seems more likely that it would be a 2D screen mirrored in a fixed position to give users a feeling of playing on a big screen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2014, 05:18 PM
RE: Will VR headsets be supported on the PPSSPP Android Port?
if this is true i will want them to support in adhoc modeWink
11-07-2014, 03:50 PM
I did a test build for them that simply duplicates the display so that it looks okay to play on the headset. No motion tracking or stereo rendering has been added so far.
11-07-2014, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2014 10:57 PM by JTAGJasper.)
(11-07-2014 03:50 PM)Henrik Wrote:  I did a test build for them that simply duplicates the display so that it looks okay to play on the headset. No motion tracking or stereo rendering has been added so far.

That's great Henrick, and much as I expected. Do you have any plans to implement a shader to zoom out the display and correct for barrel distortion? I think this would easily satisfy most people's criteria for VR HMD compatibility without taxing CPU resources.

Motion tracking like what the "VR AR Cmoar TV" app uses might be a nice bell and whistle once future devices have processing power to spare beyond the needs of the emulation itself. Stereo rendering is likely a pipe dream, maybe next decade. Tongue
07-12-2015, 02:22 PM
i hope will have gyroscope head tracking D-pad or analog to move camera in game .... Example : god eater ! :3