Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think in the next 3 years Ps vita will run on android devices?
11-02-2014, 04:46 AM
Do you think in the next 3 years Ps vita will run on android devices?
Hi,

As some of you may know the Ps vita has a Dual-Core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore Processor:

800 MHz dual-core processor supporting symmetric and asymmetric multiprocessing
Each processor includes the following:
High-efficiency, dual-issue superscalar pipeline (2.5 MIPS* per MHz)
NEONTM media processing engine for media and signal processing acceleration
Single- and double-precision floating-point unit
32 KB instruction and 32 KB data caches
[Image: arm-cortex-a9-processor.gif]

I understand that the Ps vita has a back touchscreen, however without it would it be possible? Now i may be beating a dead horse here, but i'd like an answer as android phones such as the s4 I337m have 1.6 GHz quad-core Cortex-A15 which in my head seems enough to emulate it

Thanks

DESKTOP: Windows 7 professional, Asus motherboard Z97, Intel i7 4790k 4.0 ghz - 4.4 ghz boost, 16 gb Cosair ram 128 GB SSD (primary HD) 1TB (secondary HD) EVGA Nvidia GTX Titan Black

LAPTOP: Windows 8, ASUS, intel i7 3630QM 2.4-3.4 ghz boost 12 gb of ram primary HD 1TB SSD secondary HD 750 gb hd nvidia gtx 670mx
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2014, 12:26 AM
RE: Do you think in the next 3 years Ps vita will run on android devices?
many games dont use back, i played vita, i had one ( and give up), only in uncharted i need use back touch...
mk
dbz z
mvc
and many other i dont need it..
btw dont have many good games on vita
11-03-2014, 04:54 AM
I hope this will be come true. lol

My favorite thing is playing emulator games(GB games) on my jxd s7800b. Are you keen on retro games?
11-03-2014, 06:05 AM
Maybe but Vita has no good games except a few exclusives.
Vita has better graphics than PS2 so I hope the emulation will be more difficult.

The Signature!
11-03-2014, 10:03 AM
I hope the emulation will be easy! I think it will be difficult. But I hope it will be easy!! LOL LOL LOL

I was an Xperia Play gamer until my dog ate my beloved phone!

Now I’m an Xperia ZL/ZQ gamer!
Quad-Core 1.5 GHZ
2GB RAM

It works better, but i miss the gamepad!! T_T'
11-03-2014, 12:25 PM
(11-03-2014 06:05 AM)Haseeb Wrote:  Maybe but Vita has no good games except a few exclusives.
Vita has better graphics than PS2 so I hope the emulation will be more difficult.

I hope you are wrong ; hhh lol

i m French sry for my English ^_^

Not everyone is an english native speaker.It's fine.
11-03-2014, 02:25 PM
The heavy graphics don't matter in emulation, what really matter is the kind of architecture. Some Android games has better graphics than PS2, and the most devices run without problems. In future may be possible the Vita emulation on Android (when it get hacked), because they are based in the same hardware, it's like PS4 and XB1 based on x64 PC hardware. I think we will need a hardware a bit more powerful than in actual console, but it's no a problem. The PS2 hardware is a lot different of other hardwares, that is what difficult the emulation, not the graphics.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
11-03-2014, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 02:44 PM by Haseeb.)
(11-03-2014 02:25 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  The heavy graphics don't matter in emulation, what really matter is the kind of architecture. Some Android games has better graphics than PS2, and the most devices run without problems. In future may be possible the Vita emulation on Android (when it get hacked), because they are based in the same hardware, it's like PS4 and XB1 based on x64 PC hardware. I think we will need a hardware a bit more powerful than in actual console, but it's no a problem. The PS2 hardware is a lot different of other hardwares, that is what difficult the emulation, not the graphics.

Its about emulation + architecture man , Android games with better graphics are running without any emulator , they are running on a system which is specifically built for games and applications.
Emulation is a whole different level , PS2 has a 300Mhz processor , and an android phone with 2.5ghz Quad core processor won't be able to run PS2 games perfectly , its because of emulation and definitely architecture.
Do you expect PS Vita architecture to be simpler than PS2's ? O.o
I don't hope so , seriously!
At the moment , a PS vita emulator isn't even possible , knowing the architecture is still so far.
Remember that sony won't repeat their mistakes , they'll try to make their machines more and more complex than the old ones , that's a fact!

The Signature!
11-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Lol .First you try to compare PS2 to PS Vita which has very different hardwares. Remember that Vita and android has almost the same hardware, since they get it hacked, will be very simple to emulate, more than PS2. Of course the Vita's architecture is simpler than PS2, because it been already used on smartphones, it's known, the PS2's hardware has been created exclusively for the PS2, isn't accessible to anyone. I also think it couldn't be called emulation, the emulation happens when we "translate" the language from an architecture for another. It's more like a system port, just giving the ability to play games made for another system (Vita) in same (or almost same) hardware (Smartphones/Tablets).

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
11-03-2014, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2014 04:58 PM by fivefeet8.)
Emulating the A9 CPU instructions could be easier comparatively to a totally different architecture, but you'd still have to emulate the various peripheral devices and video processor. And if you want the CPU emulation to be portable to different devices instead of only ARM devices, then you lose that anyways.

The Vita's GPU is designed by Imagine Tech which renders quite differently than the current slew of Adreno/Tegra GPU's in current Android devices. Apple devices currently use Imagine Tech GPU's quite a bit, but their CPU is different enough that it would lose the advantage of the having a similar CPU.

It's probably going to take a while for some knowledgable programmers to get a Vita emulator up to the levels of PPSSPP. Look at the original Xbox. It's got basically a Pentium 3 processor with an Nvidia Geforce 3 GPU, but it's still not emulated anywhere near decent today. There's a huge lack of interest by emulator authors for some console systems and that's also why it takes so long. I'm still waiting for a decent portable Sega Saturn emulator on Android. Big Grin
11-03-2014, 05:05 PM
The only thing I can say is: We don't know the tomorrow day.
I don't understand anything about emulation, so I'm wrong in try to guess how it works and how it will work.
I saw I lot of people saying bad things when PPSSPP was released for android in 2012, many was comparing to NDS emulation, which was slower on android, also compared to JPCSP. But now, PPSSPP runs pretty well even in 2011 devices like my Galaxy SII.
What we need is smart developers to do a great work.

11-03-2014, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2014 04:59 PM by fivefeet8.)
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there couldn't be a PS Vita Emulator in a few years, I'm simply saying it will take a very dedicated team of programmers to do it. It's not as simple as saying it has similar hardware.
11-03-2014, 05:49 PM
I am very impatient person so I think it will take about 5 more years for them to release one.
11-03-2014, 05:59 PM
I didn't get you wrong, I understand your point. I'm just saying that we can't know what will happen in future. If we want something, or we do or we wait.

11-04-2014, 05:21 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2014 05:21 AM by Haseeb.)
We don't know anything about future but my estimate is at least 5 more years Cool

The Signature!