Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rengoku II: The Stairway to H.E.A.V.E.N.
06-26-2021, 05:35 AM
RE: Rengoku II: The Stairway to H.E.A.V.E.N.
I'm testing out Rengoku 2 currently and having some graphical issues with it.

The version of PPSSPP I'm using is...
ppsspp-v1.11.3-832-g8e9b0122a-windows-amd64

The main problem is the lighting. Its like there is an excessive amount of glow on anything with light. Lit areas have an overbloom look to them in a sense. The most obvious though is to just look at the green light on the back of the character.

A secondary issue, which might be part of the first is that there seems to be a bit of a blur to things. Particularly things in the distance. When fighting an enemy in the game its very hard to identify the weapons on their arms and heads since they just look like mush from anything but a point blank distance.

I notice that from some spots it seems there is a bit of a ghost image around the character, often most noticeable around the shoulders.

I am using Vulkan backend rendering mode with Buffering enabled.
NO post processing shaders are being used.
Upscaling is disabled.

Here is a screenshot of the game at 10x resolution...

Here is a screenshot of the game at 1x (native) resolution)

In this github thread...
Rengoku 2 wrong display #2450
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/2450

There is this screenshot (second to last one in the thread) posted by the user Puniasterus...

In their screenshot the game is nice and clear. You can see things in the distance well and most noticeable the green light on the characters back isn't glarringly obnoxious.

I have tried everything I can to replicate the results of their image with no luck. I tried all the backends, a heaping ton of different graphics settings, and also countless different versions of PPSSPP. I saw their version of PPSSPP is ancient in that screenshot so I tried going back to the oldest build available on Orphis buildbot even.
However, in all cases my results are the same.

I was going to post the issue on github incase this is a regression of some kind, but wanted to check here first to see if there was anything that I can do first.

*As a side note, I've also noticed that the shadow of the character isn't properly displayed in the status screen. You can see some vertex junk here and there and when rotating the model you can see it shift around but thats it. This visual error was present in all modes, versions, and settings I used. It is even present when using software mode.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rengoku II: The Stairway to H.E.A.V.E.N. - Kolrath - 06-26-2021 05:35 AM