Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.6 Average
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
09-02-2014, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 09:28 AM by Svejk.)
RE: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Trying to get this game working on my Galaxy S4. As soon as I load the game, it just stays stuck on a black screen. Hitting the menu button brings up the background image (with some boots sitting there), but it won't go past this at all.

Unfortunately, I didn't see anything in this thread that resembled my issue. The closest answer I found was someone stating to turn off buffered rendering, but it didn't do anything. Someone stated that it's a video trying to play (but failing), but not even production notes (XSEED logo) pop up or anything before.

So far, this is the only game I've had no luck with. Really strange. Not sure what trial and error trouble shooting I should try. Any suggestions at all?

On the side, I got to say this emulator has been fantastic so far! Thanks in advance to anyone!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2014, 01:19 AM
Cool game, I will have a try on my JXD S7800b
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2014, 02:33 AM
I just wanted to report that as of the newest build, the issue I was having with the menu and bracer notebook slowing way down when "simulate block transfer (unfinished)" was enabled no longer occurs. Game now runs damn near perfect on my Android, and even when turning up the resolution and texture scaling, the only problems I am having is some MINOR sound popping associated with the drop in frame rate.
09-05-2014, 04:45 AM
(09-02-2014 03:15 PM)Svejk Wrote:  Trying to get this game working on my Galaxy S4. As soon as I load the game, it just stays stuck on a black screen. Hitting the menu button brings up the background image (with some boots sitting there), but it won't go past this at all.

Hmm, I would try resetting settings to defaults. If that doesn't help, maybe your rip is bad or didn't upload to your device properly.

(09-05-2014 02:33 AM)Othoric Wrote:  I just wanted to report that as of the newest build, the issue I was having with the menu and bracer notebook slowing way down when "simulate block transfer (unfinished)" was enabled no longer occurs. Game now runs damn near perfect on my Android, and even when turning up the resolution and texture scaling, the only problems I am having is some MINOR sound popping associated with the drop in frame rate.

Well, that's good news. My testing of https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/6800 showed only a very small improvement (for me) in Trails in the Sky, but it sounds like it helped more on Android / your device.

Thanks for reporting.

-[Unknown]
09-05-2014, 11:15 AM
(09-05-2014 04:45 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 03:15 PM)Svejk Wrote:  Trying to get this game working on my Galaxy S4. As soon as I load the game, it just stays stuck on a black screen. Hitting the menu button brings up the background image (with some boots sitting there), but it won't go past this at all.

Hmm, I would try resetting settings to defaults. If that doesn't help, maybe your rip is bad or didn't upload to your device properly.

Thank you so much for replying! However, no such luck yet. I did try defaulting the settings and even tried an EU rip, but they all do the same.

Maybe it's just a sign that I should finish other on-going RPGs before trying Trails. lol Lunar Silver Star Harmony, Crimson Gem Saga and Tactics Ogre:LUCT run great otherwise.

Thanks for the reply!
09-05-2014, 02:44 PM
Heh, well, those are good games too.

When you say that the menu shows the boots, do you also have the rest of the UI elements (save state buttons, game settings, etc.)?

You don't have any savedata right? Though, I'm not sure that could cause it.

The XSEED and Falcom logos show using a video, actually. If you're not seeing those, I suppose it could be that videos aren't playing, but I'm not sure why. I assume you're using v0.9.9.1? Have you tried the latest git build?

-[Unknown]
09-05-2014, 03:39 PM
(09-05-2014 02:44 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Heh, well, those are good games too.

When you say that the menu shows the boots, do you also have the rest of the UI elements (save state buttons, game settings, etc.)?

You don't have any savedata right? Though, I'm not sure that could cause it.

The XSEED and Falcom logos show using a video, actually. If you're not seeing those, I suppose it could be that videos aren't playing, but I'm not sure why. I assume you're using v0.9.9.1? Have you tried the latest git build?

-[Unknown]
I have to say thank you for taking the time to help me!Smile... but I finally figured it out!

Basically UMDgen was the problem. It just doesn't like this game. I used PSP ISO Compresser and it worked like a charm!

Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but it loads up now!

Thanks again for the time to help, [Unknown]! PPSSPP has been the best emulator!
09-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Ah, yes, so it essentially was a "bad rip".

-[Unknown]
09-16-2014, 01:44 PM
Reset the configuration to the default and it worked like a charm... Blush
09-26-2014, 09:04 PM
Uh, hello.
I found missing 3D in the latest build of 0.9.9.1.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-26-2014, 09:13 PM
Do you have "Disable Alpha Test(speedup)" enabled from Graphics?

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
12-04-2014, 12:25 AM
Running on a Nexus 5, and using 0.9.9.1, for some reason the entire game slows down (Huge audio crackling and lag) when I go into the menu in game (start button) as well as save files. Not sure why that is.
12-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Because it's doing the translucent overlay effect thing. But I'm surprised if it gets really slow, I'll try it later.

Have you tried reducing your graphics settings a bit or disabling texture scaling / etc.?

-[Unknown]
12-04-2014, 10:09 PM
(12-04-2014 07:35 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Because it's doing the translucent overlay effect thing. But I'm surprised if it gets really slow, I'll try it later.

Have you tried reducing your graphics settings a bit or disabling texture scaling / etc.?

-[Unknown]

What do I graphics setting do I lower? Texture scaling was disabled as default.
12-04-2014, 11:48 PM
Defaults should normally be fine, I thought you might've increased them. You could try reducing render resolution to 1x PSP.

-[Unknown]