Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.6 Average
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
04-27-2014, 03:59 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2014 04:40 AM by JadeTempleApprentice.)
RE: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
(04-27-2014 12:25 AM)Dirtie Wrote:  I'm having an audio issue with 0.9.8 stable as well as with the latest build. There is crackling with text dialog, one short crackle for each "boop" that normally plays. Is it possible to fix this? I've tried almost every setting but there was no change.

Edit: forgot to say this is in Windows without frame drops or anything like that.

same problem here,and i found there is crakling with dialog&BGM,tested with the lastest version and the problem still exist.
btw there's no crakling in cg playing,so i think it might be the format problem.

(04-27-2014 03:59 AM)JadeTempleApprentice Wrote:  
(04-27-2014 12:25 AM)Dirtie Wrote:  I'm having an audio issue with 0.9.8 stable as well as with the latest build. There is crackling with text dialog, one short crackle for each "boop" that normally plays. Is it possible to fix this? I've tried almost every setting but there was no change.

Edit: forgot to say this is in Windows without frame drops or anything like that.

same problem here,and i found there is crakling with dialog&BGM,tested with the lastest version and the problem still exist.
btw there's no crakling in cg playing,so i think it might be the format problem
oh and it's ok in title screen,every thing's perfect in title screen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2014, 09:28 PM
I also get a bit of crackling in the BGM during transitions and such, but it doesn't bother me personally as that's more understandable.
05-12-2014, 02:28 AM
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky save game lost
Hi people

I was playing this game on my android TV stick until the storage corrupted and I lost my save game. I was going for 100% and just started chapter 2 so had 111/111 BP from quests.

Does any one playing this game have a save near this point in the game?
05-12-2014, 03:02 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-29-2014, 05:54 AM
Need help with save data from PSP
Hello. I've searched but couldn't find an answer to this so my apologies if this is common knowledge that I somehow missed.

I'm trying to get my save files from PSP to work, more specifically from Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. The save data shows up on the loading screen but attempting to open them does nothing and just takes me back to the main title screen. Saved data from PPSSPP work, obviously. Is there something I'm missing or is this a known issue?
05-29-2014, 07:38 AM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-30-2014, 06:08 PM
I had tried to copy the save from ppsspp to real psp. play for a while then copy back to ppsspp also work fine at old ver. like ver.0.9.5 to ver.0.9.6. I beated this game with those ver. of emu.
08-21-2014, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2014 10:42 AM by LucaxCubix.)
Ok so I have this problem where I cant get into the first battle (the training one) because the emulator crashes right before it starts, and I was loving this game D:
Also im on the free mobile version number 0.9.9.1 and my phone is an Xperia L , which can perfectly run the game without any lag.
08-21-2014, 12:15 PM
(08-21-2014 09:30 AM)LucaxCubix Wrote:  Ok so I have this problem where I cant get into the first battle (the training one) because the emulator crashes right before it starts, and I was loving this game D:
Also im on the free mobile version number 0.9.9.1 and my phone is an Xperia L , which can perfectly run the game without any lag.

This sounds like a device specific issue, I just tested this game out using my rig in sig on Windows with 0.9.9.1 and I couldn't reproduce the issue.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
08-22-2014, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2014 09:43 AM by vnctdj.)
Ok so I tried downloading the game again from another site, and.... IT WORKED!!! So at the end, it was a corrupted ROM...

Edit by vnctdj : Piracy is not allowed on our forum, please respect the rules.
08-27-2014, 12:51 AM
Hi, I am using the current Google Play Store version of PPSSPP, 0.9.9.1, and I noticed that when I turn on "Simulate block transfer (unfinished)", while using Buffered Rendering it seems to fix the issue with the menu background being black instead of transparent and also the issue of showing a black image for the save. It also seems to make transitions between areas smoother as well. However, when entering the menu or the Bracer Notebook, it causes the game to slow down considerably. The game runs near perfect for me other than these slight problems, but I was just wondering if anyone knew why this occurred. Also, I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a patch for the PSP version of the game that added the PS3 and PC edition's HD assets (character portraits, etc.) or if it would be possible to make one.
08-27-2014, 02:58 AM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2014 02:58 AM by [Unknown].)
Because emulating those features unfortunately is a bit more heavy duty on modern graphics cards, especially at higher render resolutions.

A patch for the PSP game is unlikely, but I think I've heard the PS3 version can be made to play in PPSSPP (since it's an HD remaster.)

It might be possible to create an HD texture pack (but PPSSPP doesn't yet support these), but for legal reasons I don't think it could use the PS3/PC version's assets. That being said, I'm not a lawman nor do I even play one on TV.

-[Unknown]
08-27-2014, 03:33 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't think that something like background of the menu and the bracer notebook would require more from the GPU. But I did notice something odd. If I am in the game and I go into the settings and uncheck the simulate block transfer option and go back in the game, I can go into the menu and still see the background as if the setting was still on but without the slow down. The bracer notebook also no longer slows down and I still get an image when I save. Its as if simulate block transfer is still on but I get none of the slow down. Also, I do have the PS3 HD remaster (but no PS3 unfortunately), and I was reading somewhere that it will not run on PPSSPP due to a memory issue. Not sure if this is still the case though.
08-27-2014, 05:15 AM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2014 05:17 AM by [Unknown].)
What happens is that the game copies the rendered scene (the background) into system memory, and then does stuff with it, and then displays it.

On the PSP, this is quite fast. Not only is it only 480x272, but games get direct, unencumbered access to the video memory and can copy like it's nothing.

On a desktop or Android, this is not fast. If you're using 2x render, it's copying 4x as much, and at 3x render, it's copying 9x as much (well, sampling at least, hopefully copying less than that.) So that already makes it slower. But the other problem is, the graphics APIs don't give you direct hardware access. So the copy operation ends up being a lot slower even at 1x.

It happens that once it has done the copy, it doesn't really need to do it again, until you move. Unfortunately, PPSSPP doesn't really have any way of knowing this. The game could've been optimized not to bother copying twice, but why? It's fast on a real PSP at 1x (the only resolution the PSP is capable of.) Its developers had no reason to fix something that wasn't broken.

What you'll find is, with the setting off, if you move your character, and then pause again, it will show a background from what you saw before.

I think currently we don't identify the remasters for this series properly, so you have to change the source code and recompile PPSSPP to force it to recognize the game as a remaster (it will also mis-recognize the original as a remaster, though.) Also, I heard there was something about "exdata" but I don't know much about it.

-[Unknown]
08-27-2014, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2014 12:37 PM by solarmystic.)
@[Unknown]

On the PC the impact to performance when bringing up the menu (with Simulate Block Transfers enabled) is considerable, but still well above what is needed to maintain fullspeed in most cases. (The game only runs internally at 30 FPS)

On my ancient laptop for example, at 3x Rendering Resolution, the game drops from 566 VPS to 302 VPS when you bring up the background of the status menu. Bringing up the Bracer Notebook also incurs a similar penalty, from 566 VPS to 286 VPS, so effectively a 50% reduction in Speed.

So, based on my lousy laptop, one can surmise that desktop owners (which are at least 400 - 1000% faster than my humble machine) will never notice this unless they're unthrottling the speed. So this is effectively something that only Android users will ever notice at normal speed, and only if their devices are already borderline to begin with.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1