Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.6 Average
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
01-14-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Happens every time.
I tried fighting the cat monster on other parts of Tio's farm and it was still the same.
Also happens every time I fight dat other monster.

This is a save just before fighting that other monster, it's northeast of Estelle, 2 steps away:
http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/56769152/file.html

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 - Intel i5-4670K 4x 3.40 GHz - GeForce GTX 760- 8GB RAM -
DirectX 11
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2014, 05:25 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2014 05:25 AM by [Unknown].)
It's because you're using "read framebuffers to memory." It makes games crash sometimes.

I saved normally via the game's saves, and then reset with "buffered rendering", and loaded the game - no crashes anymore.

-[Unknown]
01-19-2014, 02:31 AM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2014 10:27 PM by Megidolaon.)
No, I tried all modes and it's the same in every mode.

Apparently the problem is an invalid read from hardware:
Code:
20:41:542 user_main    W[MM]: MemmapFunctions.cpp:93 ReadFromHardware: Invalid address 0cb40780
20:41:542 user_main    W[MM]: MemmapFunctions.cpp:93 ReadFromHardware: Invalid address 0cb407a0
20:41:542 user_main    W[MM]: MemmapFunctions.cpp:93 ReadFromHardware: Invalid address 0cb407c0
This continues for a few hundred lines.

It gets weird now.
In the Krone Trail area are Queen Scorpion enemies. Apparently one of them can be fought normally but the other one crashes ppsspp.

HELP!!!
Now a story boss is causing the same problem.
Fango and Bronco.
Since it's an unavoidable boss fight, I cannot continue playing at all.

The problem is the same even with the newest build from January 20th.

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 - Intel i5-4670K 4x 3.40 GHz - GeForce GTX 760- 8GB RAM -
DirectX 11
01-26-2014, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2014 01:09 PM by iceice123.)
Hi All,

anyone can help on "Megidolaon" problem? i am encountered exactly same problem as Megidolaon

whenever i try to trigger and fight the cat at trio's farm the game will crushed. same as Megidolaon i have try to trigger at other 3 part also same = =

i have try all the deferent method to save the game ( save state, save state file, and save the game via game) also crushed.
i have try to run the game in dub and undub also crushed in the same place.
i have try other vesion of ppsspp v0.9.6/ v0.9.5/v0.9.1.

my current version is v0.9.6.2(window)

somebody pls help~ tyvm
01-26-2014, 04:28 PM
Try the latest development build form the download page.

If that doesn't help, can you upload your savedata somewhere and link to it?

-[Unknown]
01-26-2014, 09:01 PM
(01-26-2014 04:28 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Try the latest development build form the download page.

If that doesn't help, can you upload your savedata somewhere and link to it?

-[Unknown]

Having the same problem. Dev Client also doesnt work.

Uploaded my savefile right before the Battle into the crash starts.

http://ul.to/fqjy22mu
01-27-2014, 03:02 AM
Have you been using "Read Framebuffers From Memory" or something? If you have, you'll have to turn it off, and then load a normal save game (NOT a savestate.)

That option makes games crash. I recommend avoiding it except when completely necessary (there's one game it was basically built for - Danganronpa.)

-[Unknown]
01-27-2014, 12:03 PM
(01-27-2014 03:02 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Have you been using "Read Framebuffers From Memory" or something? If you have, you'll have to turn it off, and then load a normal save game (NOT a savestate.)

That option makes games crash. I recommend avoiding it except when completely necessary (there's one game it was basically built for - Danganronpa.)

-[Unknown]

Nope didnt used it. Just used the Basic Options from the Installation and didnt change anything.
01-27-2014, 04:34 PM
I'm guessing 0.9.1-839 will fix the sound stutter when starting a battle or going to the next area.

Buildbot doesn't have that version, so how can I find it?
02-07-2014, 11:30 PM
I found that both story bosses with this problem, the cat monsters on the farm and the dog monsters later on do not actually crash.
The game just gets super slow and after like 7-10 minutes it actually continues and the battle starts, afterwards I can continue normally.

But the optional enemies (the ones that look like stones with wings and halos) do crash the game.
Without fast memory it can take upward of 40 minutes but they will inevitably crash the game and will never start the fight.

I am quite worried that soon there will be a boss fight that will also inevitably crash.

DirectX 11
02-19-2014, 06:30 AM
Working with full speed on Android with non buffer rendering and I completed this game with small lag here and there.
03-06-2014, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 11:27 AM by Aerensiniac.)
Trails in the sky - Image stuck in background (SOLVED)
Story in a nutshell:
- Playing Trails in the sky
- accidentally pressing F5 (i think it was F5 at least)
- ever since that moment, transitions on automated camera events (such as entering battle, or cut scene) are blocky and whenever i press start (see attachment) the game's last position is stuck in the background of the menu (it was empty black before)
- Cycling through other F5 render options does nothing, the game is stuck with this crap
- Whenever i enter a battle it annoys the crap out of me, the way it cracks up the screen instead of the fluid animation before i pressed F5.

Any ideas how to get rid of this or what i messed up?

EDIT:
After messing about it for a bit more i came to the conclusion that save states freezed something up.
The solution was to use the game's save itself and then load with the game normally at startup. Whatever was stuck, this reset it. The menu is black again, transitions are finally fine as well...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-27-2014, 12:25 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2014 12:42 AM by Dirtie.)
I'm having an audio issue with 0.9.8 stable as well as with the latest build. There is crackling with text dialog, one short crackle for each "boop" that normally plays. Is it possible to fix this? I've tried almost every setting but there was no change.

Edit: forgot to say this is in Windows without frame drops or anything like that.
04-27-2014, 03:35 AM
Does anyone know if this game is playable on an android device from beginning to end with MINIMAL glitches???