Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.6 Average
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
10-06-2015, 04:41 PM
RE: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Hi I'm trying to play this game on Android 5 and everytime I try to start a new game it black screens and crash. It works fine on PC with the same ISO though and settings are default, has anyone any idea?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2015, 11:00 PM
This is happening to me as well. Seemed to work on previous version but now crashing after hitting start
10-12-2015, 10:27 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2015 10:31 PM by ADVENTC.)
After playing around, I got past the 1st crash at start by turning off JIT (Dynarec).

Then it crashes again after the opening movie, it pans to the house (view of table) and flickers, then crashes. Continuing my research!

got past that by removing Dynarec mode again (found in developer tools). Maybe I should just keep this thing off?
10-12-2015, 11:18 PM
You want jit on. I think this bug may have been fixed in 1.1.1.

-[Unknown]
10-13-2015, 06:07 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2015 06:12 AM by ADVENTC.)
I would love to keep it on because it makes the game much smoother but as of now certain screen transitions cause my note 5 to crash with jit on. Maybe I have something else on that's causing it I'll keep trying

Using 1.1.1 ppsspp gold

Ok so maybe I missed it somewhere on the thread but I just turned on simulate block transfer and now it's not freezing up on screen transition with jit on. Thanks unknown
10-13-2015, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2015 03:10 PM by ADVENTC.)
Ok, now game black screens at entrance to malga on my way to save luke, I can enter the menu and go back to town but it's all glitched. Sighhh

Sorry, don't kill me for posts just trying to document if anyone else gets these problems. I found the correct exit to malga trail and it worked. Went straight north and it froze.
10-13-2015, 11:04 PM
So I have figured out that the game runs pretty smooth, but there are a bunch of places where running JIT on causes a black screen (which you cant see anything but can move and hear your characters running around). So not exactly a crash? It all gets fixed (and slower) when I turn off JIT. Anyone have another workaround that I can leave it on?
10-14-2015, 01:30 AM
Strange. Which devices is this on specifically? Are you on a desktop PC, or mobile? If mobile, what brand and model?

-[Unknown]
10-14-2015, 03:18 PM
I'm on the galaxy note 5, mobile ppsspp gold v 1.1.1

For example, going to the landing port causes the black screen with jit on, with jit off it shows to like 1fps, but after 4 seconds it loads correctly. Then I can put jit back on. Also happens entering Estelles house. Other places have been fine, I'm basically saving every few steps in case haha
10-15-2015, 05:17 AM
Okay, so that's a relatively modern Mali-T760MP8 and A57 chipset. Sounds like this is most likely an arm64 bug, I'll have to test this game more on A57 (hopefully I can reproduce it on an NVIDIA SHIELD TV.) The 64-bit ARM jit is still newer, so may be a bit buggy.

-[Unknown]
10-15-2015, 06:00 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2015 06:26 AM by ADVENTC.)
Its still amazing that it even works! Thanks for all the help. I'll report any occurrences to help things if I can

This isn't relevant to the video issues I don't think, but the audio glitches after most battles. What happens is it goes silent, and what I do is save the state and reload it, which causes every actions audio between when it glitched to when I reload to all play at once like they were stuck or something. Weird haha
10-17-2015, 07:27 AM
I think the audio glitch is the atrac3 stuff I know about.

This pull request, once merged, should fix the jit issue. There should be a git build sometime soonish.
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/8080

-[Unknown]
10-17-2015, 06:17 PM
Oh wow cool, really love the constant development of this platform! Thank you unknown Smile
10-19-2015, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2015 06:21 AM by vnctdj.)
How to download any games in psp gold??
TY for who answer my question...

Edit by vnctdj : Piracy is not allowed on our forum, please respect the rules.
10-21-2015, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2015 07:11 PM by Tempest666.)
Hi everybody. Im having an issue with this game. In chapter one when i go into the woods after Lolette, the girl who stole the crystal, and i fight her and win theres a cutscene were she escapes with an airship. After the cutscene there is only a black screen, the buttons are working so emulator is ok but at the beginning of the cutscene, music and sounds stop so i dont know if the characters are still doing something behind the black screen or not. I even tried to play the game again to the same point but it did not help, now i have two save games that are stuck in the same spot. Anything that i could try to make it work? Im using Samsung Galaxy tab 4 and i have the latest ppsspp version. Anything advice that could help is appreciated.

Thank to unijeje i got past the point i was stuck in. I turned off the JIT and the game worked, music did not die off and i saw the cutscene. The game got slow though, reeeeeeeaaaally slow, from 30 fps it drooped to 9-1 fps so playable for a short period of time but in the longer run not. Turned on the JIT again after i saved and it runs smoothly again, so thanks unijeje, awesome advice and thanks for investigateing the issue Smile