Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.6 Average
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
12-04-2014, 11:53 PM
RE: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
(12-04-2014 11:48 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Defaults should normally be fine, I thought you might've increased them. You could try reducing render resolution to 1x PSP.

-[Unknown]

Yeah, that's the default. The lag is more audio than anything else though. Would getting an earlier version of PPSSPP help?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2014, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2014 03:01 PM by satan89.)
(09-05-2014 03:39 PM)Svejk Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 02:44 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Heh, well, those are good games too.

When you say that the menu shows the boots, do you also have the rest of the UI elements (save state buttons, game settings, etc.)?

You don't have any savedata right? Though, I'm not sure that could cause it.

The XSEED and Falcom logos show using a video, actually. If you're not seeing those, I suppose it could be that videos aren't playing, but I'm not sure why. I assume you're using v0.9.9.1? Have you tried the latest git build?

-[Unknown]
I have to say thank you for taking the time to help me!Smile... but I finally figured it !

Basically UMDgen was the problem. It just doesn't like this game. I used PSP ISO Compresser and it worked like a charm!

Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but it loads up now!

Thanks again for the time to help, [Unknown]! PPSSPP has been the best emulator!

The issue that you had was because you 'Optimized' (remove/resize dummy and update data thing) in UMDgem before compressing. I had the issue as well, I even tried optimizing without compressing and same issue. Just compressing the game without optimize with UMDgen works fine, I played the whole game without any hitches.
Except for the menu minor slowdown and flicker issue (I had simulate block transfer unchecked). Also, the background was black during the school play quest, but I don't know if it was a bug or if that is how it was intended to be.
Otherwise worked flawlessly at almost ~30 fps most of the game, on my low end android. (PPSSPP 0.9.9.1)
12-19-2014, 06:41 AM
With 2x PSP render resolution and generally default settings on my Nexus 5, I don't really get any lag opening and closing the menu. I do get a little pause when opening the save/load menu, though.

-[Unknown]
12-19-2014, 09:09 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2014 09:13 AM by satan89.)
I had flickering problem while trying to change equipment and items. I used 2x render as well but otherwise mostly default. Unchecked simulate block transfer. Frameskip 2 and, lazy texture, disable slower effects, texture coord were checked
04-30-2015, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2015 11:38 AM by Kayss.)
Trails in the sky in-game problems
I encounter some problems playing "Legend Of Heroes: Trails in the sky" and I also have a general problem with PPSSPP itself.
First PPSSPP itself :
If I use any other rendering mode than "non-buffered" I have two small screen instead of a full screen one. Like this :

LoH Trails in the sky :

The game works fine, I don't have the black screen freeze if Estelle gets the last kill in battle. But I have another annoying problem. When the "active character" looks up (direction up-left up and up-right) the sprite is not display even if I switch to Joshua as leader. The second character sprite displays in all the directions. Screenshots:

As you can see I didn't move just turned the camera around and when the leader looks up it just disappears... It also happens during cut scenes. And in Rpg Games you spend 75% of the time looking up...

Any idea?

I use a Oneplus One running Cyanogenmod 4.4.4 rooted and the latest version of PPSSPP.
04-30-2015, 01:39 PM
RE: Trails in the sky in-game problems
Turn off the Google Cardboard setting, which is causing the first thing. Might try resetting all your settings to defaults.

-[Unknown]
04-30-2015, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2015 04:56 PM by Kayss.)
RE: Trails in the sky in-game problems
Yes I figured that out 2 hours ago playing around with the settings. What is that option for?

I've done that and it doesn't change anything about the sprite disappearing... I tried to disable all the options (like filtering, scaling, etc), and the game runs the same with the same issue. Does anyone have this problem?

Edit: I've just realized that I've got a big “transparent" square around the characters which acts like an eraser when you pass next to a tree it makes it transparent like this :

04-30-2015, 07:24 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-01-2015, 01:42 AM
(04-30-2015 04:51 PM)Kayss Wrote:  Yes I figured that out 2 hours ago playing around with the settings. What is that option for?

It allows you to use Google Cardboard for a 3d cinema like effect.

http://www.google.com/get/cardboard/

(04-30-2015 04:51 PM)Kayss Wrote:  I've done that and it doesn't change anything about the sprite disappearing... I tried to disable all the options (like filtering, scaling, etc), and the game runs the same with the same issue. Does anyone have this problem?

Edit: I've just realized that I've got a big “transparent" square around the characters which acts like an eraser when you pass next to a tree it makes it transparent like this :

Not sure what's going on there. To me it looks like it could be some hack, but if it happens with default settings I'm not sure what to tell you. You're on an Adreno 330 which afaik should not have a problem like this. It's possible it's a graphics driver bug in your firmware, I guess...

I have a Nexus 5, which has a Snapdragon 800 / Adreno 320 (fairly similar to your 801.) I'm not in the same area, but I don't get that problem.

-[Unknown]
05-01-2015, 03:52 PM
(05-01-2015 01:42 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Not sure what's going on there. To me it looks like it could be some hack, but if it happens with default settings I'm not sure what to tell you. You're on an Adreno 330 which afaik should not have a problem like this. It's possible it's a graphics driver bug in your firmware, I guess...

I have a Nexus 5, which has a Snapdragon 800 / Adreno 320 (fairly similar to your 801.) I'm not in the same area, but I don't get that problem.

-[Unknown]

Could you share your settings for this game? Maybe it could solve the problem Smile .
It's quite annoying as I could enjoy the game even more without these glitches.
And my PSP is in France, I am actually in UK... So I dont have the option to switch on the original device :/.

Is there anyone with a Snapdragon 801 who doesn't experience this issue?

Thank you for your help Smile
05-02-2015, 04:40 AM
Just hit "reset to defaults". I'm using default settings except that I have it set to PSP-1000 mode and I have compat reports on. That doesn't affect it, though.

-[Unknown]
08-10-2015, 06:08 AM
Infinite Loading Issue
Hello, I'm having a bit of trouble. I've been using PPSSPP for a while now in a hand-me-down pc. So far I've been able to play a lot of games in bearable and sometimes surprisingly okay framerates, and I've purposely stuck with Tactical RPGs for the pacing. The only game I have a problem with is Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. It runs smoothly, surprisingly, and I managed to work around the crashing due to the sudden muting of the BGM.

However, once I try to enter Milch Road, the game transitions in the loading screen which goes on forever. Checked the Log and it says something along the lines of

"Memmap function, Readfromhardware: invalid address"

I've tried changing the settings, setting them to default, downloading newer versions of PPSSPP, nothing worked. Tried downloading the iso in a different site, the problem stayed but happened much earlier, once you leave the vicinity of the Bright residence.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
08-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
08-14-2015, 03:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2015 09:11 PM by vnctdj.)
(08-10-2015 06:08 AM)jonogz Wrote:  Hello, I'm having a bit of trouble. I've been using PPSSPP for a while now in a hand-me-down pc. So far I've been able to play a lot of games in bearable and sometimes surprisingly okay framerates, and I've purposely stuck with Tactical RPGs for the pacing. The only game I have a problem with is Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. It runs smoothly, surprisingly, and I managed to work around the crashing due to the sudden muting of the BGM.

However, once I try to enter Milch Road, the game transitions in the loading screen which goes on forever. Checked the Log and it says something along the lines of

"Memmap function, Readfromhardware: invalid address"

I've tried changing the settings, setting them to default, downloading newer versions of PPSSPP, nothing worked. Tried downloading the iso in a different site, the problem stayed but happened much earlier, once you leave the vicinity of the Bright residence.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Downloaded another ISO from a different site and it did the trick. Aside from the preemptive warning of a crash that is the muting of audio which is workaroundable, nothing has gone wrong yet.

Edit by vnctdj : Piracy is not allowed on our forum, please respect the rules.
09-01-2015, 04:42 AM
Quick question, is this a known problem?

My screen fuzzes out every time my game transitions from screen to screen as well as occasionally in the middle of cutscenes.