Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OpenGL error
10-07-2014, 11:47 PM
OpenGL error
Hi, I've just downloaded the PPSSPP and tried to run it. At first I got the "msvcp120.dll is missing" error but I've already gotten past that. Now it shows "1.1.0 Insufficient OpenGL driver support detected! Your GPU reports that it does not support OpenGL 2.0, which is currently required for PPSSPP to run..."

Here are the relevant info:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
RAM: 4.00GB
Graphics Driver: AMD Radeon HD 6700M Series 14.301.1001.0
Adapter Type: Mobile Intel® HD Graphics
Chip Type: Intel® HD Graphics Family
DAC Type: Internal
Adapter String: Intel® HD Graphics 3000
Bios Info: Intel Video BIOS

GPUz results:

(I'm not sure if both are needed. The first one GPUz showed was the Intel one.) When I went to Intel's website to update drivers, it said my graphics driver was AMD Radeon so I went ahead and updated it. PPSSPP still won't work for me. Anybody knows what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for any replies!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2014, 09:44 PM
RE: OpenGL error
If you download the latest version from http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/ , you'll have the option to use the Direct3D graphics backend instead. It's likely to work fine on your hardware.

Upgrading the Radeon drivers should have taken care of it though.. hm.
10-08-2014, 11:38 PM
RE: OpenGL error
(10-08-2014 09:44 PM)Henrik Wrote:  If you download the latest version from http: //buildbot.orphis. net/ppsspp/ , you'll have the option to use the Direct3D graphics backend instead. It's likely to work fine on your hardware.

Upgrading the Radeon drivers should have taken care of it though.. hm.

THANK YOU! I've downloaded the latest version from there and it's now working smoothly, so far. I'm running it on DirectX just like you said. Thanks again!