Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions (WOTL)
01-03-2015, 07:09 AM
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics Wotl Ad-Hoc
(12-24-2014 08:11 PM)Zand3 Wrote:  FFT MULTIPLAYER IS WORKING!!!! Thank you so much to Zinx777, seriously honorable mention to this guy. He helped me test joining and hosting to make sure it was fully working and it was beautiful.

1. Download the AdamN build from the link above and paste the exe file in the same folder as your current PPSSPP exe file (my file was renamed with a (3) at the end after downloading it multiple times so that enabled me to paste it in the same folder) p.s. if the link isn't still working one day just message me for it
2. Make sure you have the same version with the person you're playing with. (US, EU, Jap etc.)
3. The host needs to have the adhoc server exe running in the background which can be downloaded for your specific operating system from the top of this page: htt p://forums.ppsspp. org/showthread.php?tid=8148
4. Both people need to "Enable network/Wlan" in PPSSPP system settings (make sure it's checked), and for the next setting right under that where it says "change proadhocserver IP address" whoever wants to host leaves it blank, and the person who will join should right click on the host's name in Hamachi and copy IPv4 address and paste it in there in their own settings (under "change proadhoc server IP address, don't forget to make sure enable network/wlan is checked for both of you)
5. Both people go to a tavern in the world map, and it works! Obviously the host should host a melee match (pvp) or a rendezvous mission (co-op) and then tell the other person to join, make sure you both pick the same one (melee or rendezvous) and viola! FFT is now multiplayer baby!

The host has the advantage of running the adhoc server .exe to see what's going on. It gives you a log that tells you when someone is connecting, and I think it actually tells you if there's an error of some kind, or at least gives you the info if it's like the wrong version or something. If it says requesting info over and over, then maybe someone is trying to join but you didn't click host yet.

One more useful tip: If you need to download a save file, just go here or you can google for something else: ht tp://www.gamefaqs .com/psp/937312-final-fantasy-tactics-the-war-of-the-lions/saves

In order to use a save file, make sure you already have at least 1 saved game. You might have to play through the intro battle in order to do so. Saving the game originally generates a save folder in the \PPSSPP\memstick\PSP\SAVEDATA folder ..you can find the one specific to FFT because it will say random numbers and letters followed by FFT and a bunch of 0's somewhere in there. Copy and paste that folder somewhere else if you want to save your data somewhere, because we are going to replace it with the new save file of your choice. Highlight and copy just the name of this original save folder (single click on the name the folder and then ctrl + c) and paste it into the name of the downloaded save folder. Now copy the downloaded save folder with the new name into the SAVEDATA folder and hit 'Yes' to replace all. Now when you load the game, you should have the downloaded save file, with the level 99 crazy characters or w/e you downloaded.

So, now this opens a door to tournaments that we can record, and all kinds of crazy stuff. We can do like a level 10 tournament with only level 10 characters so you just have the basic knight/archer/mage/squire party vs. knight/archer/mage/squire and that could be fun on its own Smile

Hi Zand3 I really appreciate your tutorial! But I'm having a few problems.

First, for some reason I can't seem to run the AdamN build provided. It keeps telling me I don't have the MSVCP120.dll file and that it cannot run. I know this isn't true because I had to download and install it to run ppsspp ver. 0.9.9.1.

After skipping that step and just running the 64bit ver provided in the build I followed your instructions very precisely. My friend and I set up our hamachi and I downloaded the Ad hoc server.exe file and ran it in the background.

We're both in the first chapter and we both entered The Magick City of Gariland Tavern. After selecting Rendezvous and me selecting host the ad hoc server prompt said I was connected and playing. Then my friend selected join and again in the ad hoc server prompt it said his ip was connecting. After a while they just disconnected.

I searched online and found that someone on Github had the same problem. https:// github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/6708

New Connection from 10.0.1.12.
PPSSPP (MAC: 9D:99:FB:C8:BB:40 - IP: 10.0.1.12) started playing ULUS10297.
PPSSPP (MAC: 9D:99:FB:C8:BB:40 - IP: 10.0.1.12) joined ULUS10297 group c8bb40cb.
New Connection from 127.0.0.1.
PPSSPP (MAC: AB:C3:B3:8F:BFBig Grin7 - IP: 127.0.0.1) started playing ULUS10297.
PPSSPP (MAC: AB:C3:B3:8F:BFBig Grin7 - IP: 127.0.0.1) requested information on 1 ULUS10297 groups.
PPSSPP (MAC: AB:C3:B3:8F:BFBig Grin7 - IP: 127.0.0.1) attempted to join invalid ULUS10297 group 40cb????.
PPSSPP (MAC: AB:C3:B3:8F:BFBig Grin7 - IP: 127.0.0.1) stopped playing ULUS10297.
PPSSPP (MAC: 9D:99:FB:C8:BB:40 - IP: 10.0.1.12) left ULUS10297 group c8bb40cb.
PPSSPP (MAC: 9D:99:FB:C8:BB:40 - IP: 10.0.1.12) stopped playing ULUS10297.

I'm not sure if you can help but I have nowhere else to look for guidance. Undecided Sorry for the long post but I'm sure everyone here, including myself, would GREATLY appreciate your help on this.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics Wotl Ad-Hoc - thechoadking - 01-03-2015 07:09 AM