Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions (WOTL)
10-01-2014, 01:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2017 03:07 PM by vnctdj.)
Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions (WOTL)
Hi, I was trying to do some research about this and so far I have found that someone successfully tested FFT WoTL ad-hoc but it was using something called the AdamN build which may or not have been integrated into the latest PPSSPP?

Either way, I would love to test this out to see if it's possible to play this game over hamachi while running PPSSPP from my PC. If anyone would like to try testing this game with me or knows which tutorial to follow to get this to work..

Any help is appreciated!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2014, 04:16 AM
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics Wotl Ad-Hoc
We could try Smile
10-07-2014, 11:05 AM
I Sended a PM for you so look at it when u can.
The game works good.
10-09-2014, 12:19 AM
I'd also like some help on the same subject! I'm somewhat confused as to what is needed to be done. I have a virtual machine set up and have attempted to try and use Hamachi between the two, but sadly with no luck. Any info or advice would be helpful! Smile
10-09-2014, 09:16 PM
I am looking forward to some games with someone. Use to play it a lot, but came back to it on the emulator. I am at Chapter 3 and going through the church right now
10-10-2014, 02:53 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2014 03:01 AM by Zero Dozer.)
Well, time to butt in, as this emulator seems to be my only chance to play WotL in Multiplayer.

So, tell me more about that AdamN build.

Edit: Checking the indicated thread already.
12-24-2014, 01:44 AM
Sorry, I never received notifications to my e-mail about this post and I forgot about it. I replied to Zinx's private message, and hopefully he will be able to describe how this is done, although I wish he would explain it in this post for all to see.

In the meantime, does anyone know how people play multiplayer over PPSSPP in general? Do you need a wireless adapter or can you play some games straight from PC lan internet to another PC lan internet?
12-24-2014, 06:51 AM
(12-24-2014 01:44 AM)Zand3 Wrote:  Sorry, I never received notifications to my e-mail about this post and I forgot about it. I replied to Zinx's private message, and hopefully he will be able to describe how this is done, although I wish he would explain it in this post for all to see.

In the meantime, does anyone know how people play multiplayer over PPSSPP in general? Do you need a wireless adapter or can you play some games straight from PC lan internet to another PC lan internet?
You need to use this build for ppsspp:
https://mega.co.nz/#!61sTHRZB!mgWI3MQlC5...V5PQlxdn8.
And if u search good enough you will find instructions to set up ppsspp.
12-24-2014, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2015 03:24 PM by Zand3.)
FFT MULTIPLAYER IS WORKING!!!! Thank you so much to Zinx777, seriously honorable mention to this guy. He helped me test joining and hosting to make sure it was fully working and it was beautiful.

1. Download the AdamN build from the link above and paste the exe file in the same folder as your current PPSSPP exe file (my file was renamed with a (3) at the end after downloading it multiple times so that enabled me to paste it in the same folder) p.s. if the link isn't still working one day just message me for it
2. Make sure you have the same version with the person you're playing with. (US, EU, Jap etc.)
3. The host needs to have the adhoc server exe running in the background which can be downloaded for your specific operating system from the top of this page: htt p://forums.ppsspp. org/showthread.php?tid=8148
4. Both people need to "Enable network/Wlan" in PPSSPP system settings (make sure it's checked), and for the next setting right under that where it says "change proadhocserver IP address" whoever wants to host leaves it blank, and the person who will join should right click on the host's name in Hamachi and copy IPv4 address and paste it in there in their own settings (under "change proadhoc server IP address, don't forget to make sure enable network/wlan is checked for both of you)
5. Both people go to a tavern in the world map, and it works! Obviously the host should host a melee match (pvp) or a rendezvous mission (co-op) and then tell the other person to join, make sure you both pick the same one (melee or rendezvous) and viola! FFT is now multiplayer baby!

The host has the advantage of running the adhoc server .exe to see what's going on. It gives you a log that tells you when someone is connecting, and I think it actually tells you if there's an error of some kind, or at least gives you the info if it's like the wrong version or something. If it says requesting info over and over, then maybe someone is trying to join but you didn't click host yet.

One more useful tip: If you need to download a save file, just go here or you can google for something else: ht tp://www.gamefaqs .com/psp/937312-final-fantasy-tactics-the-war-of-the-lions/saves

In order to use a save file, make sure you already have at least 1 saved game. You might have to play through the intro battle in order to do so. Saving the game originally generates a save folder in the \PPSSPP\memstick\PSP\SAVEDATA folder ..you can find the one specific to FFT because it will say random numbers and letters followed by FFT and a bunch of 0's somewhere in there. Copy and paste that folder somewhere else if you want to save your data somewhere, because we are going to replace it with the new save file of your choice. Highlight and copy just the name of this original save folder (single click on the name the folder and then ctrl + c) and paste it into the name of the downloaded save folder. Now copy the downloaded save folder with the new name into the SAVEDATA folder and hit 'Yes' to replace all. Now when you load the game, you should have the downloaded save file, with the level 99 crazy characters or w/e you downloaded.

So, now this opens a door to tournaments that we can record, and all kinds of crazy stuff. We can do like a level 10 tournament with only level 10 characters so you just have the basic knight/archer/mage/squire party vs. knight/archer/mage/squire and that could be fun on its own Smile
12-25-2014, 02:56 PM
P.S. If you come by this forum and you follow the guide, feel free to go straight ahead and join the Hamachi server:

hamachi server: 260-090-830
password: PSP321
12-29-2014, 09:47 AM
Hi Zand3,I am a new join in this forum..Really i get more information in this forum..Can you reply what is the purpose of Hamachi server???I am waiting for the reply..keep in touch with us..Thanks in advanceWinkWink
12-31-2014, 10:48 PM
(12-29-2014 09:47 AM)bertttt Wrote:  Hi Zand3,I am a new join in this forum..Really i get more information in this forum..Can you reply what is the purpose of Hamachi server???I am waiting for the reply..keep in touch with us..Thanks in advanceWinkWink

Hamachi is just a great simple program that lets you create/join a virtual network. Example: Let's say you want to play a game that only has LAN option, but you want to play with your friend who is in another country, so they can't come over and connect to your router with you. You join a hamachi server together, and then you can click the LAN option in your game (local network). Google hamachi, and download it and see for yourself! Very easy.
01-03-2015, 07:09 AM
(12-24-2014 08:11 PM)Zand3 Wrote:  FFT MULTIPLAYER IS WORKING!!!! Thank you so much to Zinx777, seriously honorable mention to this guy. He helped me test joining and hosting to make sure it was fully working and it was beautiful.

1. Download the AdamN build from the link above and paste the exe file in the same folder as your current PPSSPP exe file (my file was renamed with a (3) at the end after downloading it multiple times so that enabled me to paste it in the same folder) p.s. if the link isn't still working one day just message me for it
2. Make sure you have the same version with the person you're playing with. (US, EU, Jap etc.)
3. The host needs to have the adhoc server exe running in the background which can be downloaded for your specific operating system from the top of this page: htt p://forums.ppsspp. org/showthread.php?tid=8148
4. Both people need to "Enable network/Wlan" in PPSSPP system settings (make sure it's checked), and for the next setting right under that where it says "change proadhocserver IP address" whoever wants to host leaves it blank, and the person who will join should right click on the host's name in Hamachi and copy IPv4 address and paste it in there in their own settings (under "change proadhoc server IP address, don't forget to make sure enable network/wlan is checked for both of you)
5. Both people go to a tavern in the world map, and it works! Obviously the host should host a melee match (pvp) or a rendezvous mission (co-op) and then tell the other person to join, make sure you both pick the same one (melee or rendezvous) and viola! FFT is now multiplayer baby!

The host has the advantage of running the adhoc server .exe to see what's going on. It gives you a log that tells you when someone is connecting, and I think it actually tells you if there's an error of some kind, or at least gives you the info if it's like the wrong version or something. If it says requesting info over and over, then maybe someone is trying to join but you didn't click host yet.

One more useful tip: If you need to download a save file, just go here or you can google for something else: ht tp://www.gamefaqs .com/psp/937312-final-fantasy-tactics-the-war-of-the-lions/saves

In order to use a save file, make sure you already have at least 1 saved game. You might have to play through the intro battle in order to do so. Saving the game originally generates a save folder in the \PPSSPP\memstick\PSP\SAVEDATA folder ..you can find the one specific to FFT because it will say random numbers and letters followed by FFT and a bunch of 0's somewhere in there. Copy and paste that folder somewhere else if you want to save your data somewhere, because we are going to replace it with the new save file of your choice. Highlight and copy just the name of this original save folder (single click on the name the folder and then ctrl + c) and paste it into the name of the downloaded save folder. Now copy the downloaded save folder with the new name into the SAVEDATA folder and hit 'Yes' to replace all. Now when you load the game, you should have the downloaded save file, with the level 99 crazy characters or w/e you downloaded.

So, now this opens a door to tournaments that we can record, and all kinds of crazy stuff. We can do like a level 10 tournament with only level 10 characters so you just have the basic knight/archer/mage/squire party vs. knight/archer/mage/squire and that could be fun on its own Smile

Hi Zand3 I really appreciate your tutorial! But I'm having a few problems.

First, for some reason I can't seem to run the AdamN build provided. It keeps telling me I don't have the MSVCP120.dll file and that it cannot run. I know this isn't true because I had to download and install it to run ppsspp ver. 0.9.9.1.

After skipping that step and just running the 64bit ver provided in the build I followed your instructions very precisely. My friend and I set up our hamachi and I downloaded the Ad hoc server.exe file and ran it in the background.

We're both in the first chapter and we both entered The Magick City of Gariland Tavern. After selecting Rendezvous and me selecting host the ad hoc server prompt said I was connected and playing. Then my friend selected join and again in the ad hoc server prompt it said his ip was connecting. After a while they just disconnected.

I searched online and found that someone on Github had the same problem. https:// github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/6708

New Connection from 10.0.1.12.
PPSSPP (MAC: 9D:99:FB:C8:BB:40 - IP: 10.0.1.12) started playing ULUS10297.
PPSSPP (MAC: 9D:99:FB:C8:BB:40 - IP: 10.0.1.12) joined ULUS10297 group c8bb40cb.
New Connection from 127.0.0.1.
PPSSPP (MAC: AB:C3:B3:8F:BFBig Grin7 - IP: 127.0.0.1) started playing ULUS10297.
PPSSPP (MAC: AB:C3:B3:8F:BFBig Grin7 - IP: 127.0.0.1) requested information on 1 ULUS10297 groups.
PPSSPP (MAC: AB:C3:B3:8F:BFBig Grin7 - IP: 127.0.0.1) attempted to join invalid ULUS10297 group 40cb????.
PPSSPP (MAC: AB:C3:B3:8F:BFBig Grin7 - IP: 127.0.0.1) stopped playing ULUS10297.
PPSSPP (MAC: 9D:99:FB:C8:BB:40 - IP: 10.0.1.12) left ULUS10297 group c8bb40cb.
PPSSPP (MAC: 9D:99:FB:C8:BB:40 - IP: 10.0.1.12) stopped playing ULUS10297.

I'm not sure if you can help but I have nowhere else to look for guidance. Undecided Sorry for the long post but I'm sure everyone here, including myself, would GREATLY appreciate your help on this.

Thanks!
01-03-2015, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2015 02:29 PM by Zand3.)
So you're trying it without using the AdamN build? It won't work if so. You don't install the AdamN build. You get the file in this thread (ctrl + f: you need to use this build), it gives you an .exe file which you just rename slightly and paste it into the folder where you have the normal PPSSPP already installed. Then you double click the AdamN exe from within the folder, and hopefully that solves the missing file problem..I'm not sure what you need to do if not. Maybe you have to contact AdamN to see if it's a problem to open it on certain windows versions or with certain versions of ppsspp, maybe you need to make sure the already installed ppsspp version is also 32bit, not sure. I don't think that's the problem actually because I just had someone use that file yesterday on one of the newer 64 bit windows versions.
02-28-2015, 02:01 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 02:02 AM by ajikangb.)
Information RE: Final Fantasy Tactics Wotl Ad-Hoc
Hey! this is something i just found out and i gotta say it would be the best thing that happened ever since PPSSPP release since FFT is one of my fav games, but id like to know if im gonna be able to play FFT WOTL just in LAN without hamachi and how would i do it? also, would adhoc and multiplayer work even if the host is using a wifi connection and not a direct one?