Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mac version crashing (something to do with a missing dylib file?)
09-29-2014, 04:29 PM
Mac version crashing (something to do with a missing dylib file?)
Hello.

I've been trying to get ppsspp for OSX (v0.9.9.1-449-gee8178d) to work in my mac. However it crashes right from the beginning. If I run the Unix executable from inside the package it gives me this text inside terminal:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ___sincosf_stret
Referenced from: /Users/**********/Downloads/ppssppbuildbot-org/PPSSPPSDL.app/Contents/MacOS/PPSSPPSDL
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: ___sincosf_stret
Referenced from: /Users/**********/Downloads/ppssppbuildbot-org/PPSSPPSDL.app/Contents/MacOS/PPSSPPSDL
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Trace/BPT trap: 5

If I check my /usr/lib there is no "libSystem.B.dylib" file. I might've deleted it myself Sad

I followed all the installation instructions (CLI -> Homebrew -> sdl). When I typed "brew doctor" in terminal, it gave me bunch of errors about files that are not suppose to be there like this one:

Unexpected header files:
/usr/local/include/dnet.h

And I deleted all of them.

Has anybody got an idea what to do? I'm running OSX 10.8.5 on Mid-2010 iMac. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2014, 06:28 AM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2014 06:29 AM by xsacha.)
RE: Mac version crashing (something to do with a missing dylib file?)
sincosf_sret linker error pops up when the binary is compiled for OSX 10.9 or something like that.
I'm guessing you are using an older OSX version.
09-30-2014, 06:28 PM
Thanks for your thoughts.

So does this mean that the latest stable dev-preview has been compiled for Mavericks and doesn't run in older versions? Do I need to compile it myself?
10-01-2014, 05:58 AM
Yes, it is probably by accident.
Hopefully it can be resolved! Smile
10-02-2014, 06:44 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 06:46 AM by [Unknown].)
Make sure you've updated all submodules. You'll either need to use the included ffmpeg (which was reported to work on 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9; and definitely works on 10.6), or compile it yourself.

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp-ffmpe...ae2e16d337

If you downloaded the binary version, maybe it's being compiled incorrectly.

-[Unknown]
02-19-2015, 01:58 PM
Hey, I know it's old news now but FWIW back when I was struggling with this I personally solved the issue by using a Wineskin port.

In this video (which is not made by me) there's a link for "Wineskin port" which I dloaded. Then I dloaded a then newest Win32bit version of ppsspp and replaced the old one inside the wineskin package (show package content->program files) with the new version. When I doubleclicked the ppsspp mac edition, the newest version booted up and I could even configure my old Dinput controller.

https: //www. youtube.com/watch?v=bayGNaBy0es (copy the link and take the spaces away)