Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Game compatibility feedback
09-28-2014, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2014 02:58 PM by [Unknown].)
Game compatibility feedback
So, a while ago I planned on doing this but never really got around to it. I've now created a pull for basic compatibility feedback. I think it'll be improved more in the future.

Inside PPSSPP, you'll just pause the game, and then you can submit feedback for how well the game works. It will automatically know what CPU, GPU, OS, game, region, PPSSPP version, and settings you're using, and it will submit all of those for you.

The goal is to eventually provide very interesting compatibility information, such as what games a certain device can run well (based on feedback), or what settings are most used / best for certain games.

Anyway, I wanted to solicit some ideas and discussion around this and its features, and also see if anyone wanted to contribute.

One idea I had is maybe giving games "badges". I do think badges/trophies for everything is silly, but this could be a bit interesting. For example:
* If a game is rated 3 stars for speed on 3 or more platforms, it gets the "Fast" badge.
* If a game has been given high ratings for > 3 months ago and is given high ratings now, it's given the "Reliable" badge.
* If a game was getting bad feedback and starts getting good feedback in git builds only, it gets the "Bleeding Edge" badge.

Or I dunno. I'm not particularly good at things like that, what do you guys think?

Another question is comments: does it make sense to try to fit comments into the PPSSPP feedback report screen? People will comment in non-English as well (by the way we can know which translation they're using.) We could also allow comments on the site.

I'm thinking screenshots (which could be submitted from within PPSSPP) make a lot of sense.

Right now I'm not planning to have users. I know there's that central thing, I guess it could be integrated. If we have comments it will be more necessary I think.

Aside from the filtering options shown in this comp:
https://github.com/unknownbrackets/ppssp...t-31589667

It might make sense to filter by others... like platform. GPUs might be tricky since we don't have their names.

Any comments or other ideas? Thanks in advance.

-[Unknown]

Another idea proposed on IRC: Include the crc hash of the eboot / loaded modules / primary volume descriptor / something to differentiate translation patches and potentially bad rips.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2014, 06:26 AM
RE: Game compatibility feedback
Amazing feature right here Smile

People will find it much more easier to check which games runs good on a specific Phone or PC Big Grin

Chill and Go with the flow ~d[o_o]b~

@YT - youtube.com/user/SuperHack333/videos

Specs:
MDL: Dell G7 15 7590 (Laptop)
OPS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750h @ 2.60 Ghz ~ 4.50 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 @ 1455 Mhz ~ 1590 Mhz
RAM: Micron Tech. 8GB DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz (4x2)
10-07-2014, 07:27 AM
RE: Game compatibility feedback
Great feature!
I think it just needs a Sound option besides graphics, speed and gameplay though.
And comments is pretty important too as you said.