Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Phantasy Star Portable 2
12-15-2014, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2014 09:29 AM by Maximz.)
RE: Phantasy Star Portable 2 - Potentially working?
im not trying to play by myself im only doing that to test if i can load up the mission so that WHEN my friends connect to me i can go and load the mission and not worry about sitting at the loading screen forever.

my friends have no trouble connecting to me (sorta~).......however my one friend seems to connect to me and disconnect but i believe its his internet connection because my other friend stayed connected.

regardless, i don't see how that has anything to do with getting into the mission. my friends connect to me, i click begin party w/e, we all get into the lobby, i go up to the globe and start a mission and im stuck at the loading screen after selecting the mission.

also i did try setting it to lan (127.0.0.1 and i turned off evolve completely) and still same result, it just sits at the same screen forever.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2014, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2014 11:09 AM by LunaMoo.)
Ah, then sorry, I just read last posts and saw onelight screenshot where game was working using lan ip, while it was wan ip on yours. Still you seem to have an issue which onelight doesn't have on same ppsspp build which seems weird.

Unless it isn't same? I mean 64 bit works differently than 32 bit one in terms of adhoc, I always try to use both while testing some game just to be sure. GEB for example works only with 32 bit versions, 64 bit works as a host, but as a client it just hangs for a bit then disconnects.

Maybe it's similar for you and one of your friends is using 32 bit builds is able to connect, other one with 64 bit disconnects. Your version if you are the host, wouldn't matter ~ or maybe it does, and hence the solo issueTongue.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
12-15-2014, 08:03 PM
nope i just tried the 32bit version same results
12-29-2014, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2014 05:39 AM by MunchMonkii.)
POSSIBLY A SOLUTION/WORKAROUND TO INFINITE LOAD SCREEN WHEN HOSTING MULTIPLAYER ADHOC GAMES

SHORT VERSION:
Based on my experiences with the 6 machines in my home, there seems to be some issue with the emulator and Windows 7. Windows 8 does not seem to have the infinite load issue. Try installing Windows 8 and see if that resolves the issue.

LONG VERSION:
I was having the same infinite load screen when attempting to host a game even when the server address was set to "localhost" and attempting to play by myself in multimode.

To troubleshoot the issue I copied my folder emulator/rom onto all 6 computers in my home to use identical game settings (all settings were default except (1) WLAN was enabled, (2) built-in adhoc server was enabled, (3) depth-field hack for PSP2 enabled)

COMPUTERS TESTED
x3 - Windows 8.1
x3 - Windows 7

• All 3 of the Windows 8 machines got past the infinite load screen (and are therefore able to host multiplayer games).
  • Only 1 of the Windows 7 machines could get past the infinite load screen. The other 2 were stuck at infinite loading.

I reformatted my Windows 7 + SP1 machine to a completely fresh install of Windows 7, and I STILL got infinite load screen. I then reformatted this same machine to a fresh install of Windows 8, and it now can get past the infinite load screen upon hosting games (I later confirmed that it still works fine when people have joined my game). This leads me to believe there is some issue with the emulator and Windows 7.

So, if you have a copy of Windows 8 and you have some spare time/patience, I would suggest trying an upgrade to Windows 8.

NOTES: All of the machines I tested (except for 1 Windows 7 computer) are 64-bit. I also tested both the x64 and x86 versions of PPSSPP with the same results.

It's also worth noting that if you're trying to troubleshoot this infinite load screen when hosting, don't even bother trying to fiddle with router settings. You should be able to get past this screen even if your machine isn't connected to the internet / router (ASSUMING YOU'RE USING "localhost" as the server IP address). The problem is software on your machine that may be missing, a driver issue or even PPSSPP itself

Phantasy Star Portable 2 / Infinity
PPSSPP Multiplayer Discord Group
All are welcome to join!
https://discord.gg/qJ7HcBU
12-29-2014, 06:21 AM
I am also using win8!
12-29-2014, 07:15 AM
well thats one way around it alltho it makes me wonder what is conflicting with the emulator. however, i have no intentions of reformating my computer and installing win8 on it just for one game =/

im hoping maybe someone can figure out whats causing it to happen and develop a solution for win7 ^_^

thank you for the info MunchMonkii
12-29-2014, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2014 01:44 PM by lumune.)
That was really informative MunchMonkii.

I'm using Win7 SP1 x64 and i was able to play it fine.

The only thing i can recall now that may be worth a try and i do have installed is WinPcap. Just a stab in the dark though.
12-29-2014, 02:49 PM
I also installed WinPcap
12-30-2014, 08:24 PM
what is winpcap? what does it do?
01-02-2015, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 08:16 PM by lumune.)
(12-30-2014 08:24 PM)Maximz Wrote:  what is winpcap? what does it do?

A program for managing and capturing packets from your network connection.
Many emulators needed it to be installed, so i recalled it may be of use.

Also, i've just tested it today using coldbird with someone called HYDRO (thanks dude) and was able to play without any problems using coldbird.net
01-03-2015, 02:00 AM
>.> now you confused me more what do you mean using coldbird.net? ...i go to coldbird.net and i see stuff relating to .hack//fragment and psp CFW's ...is there something that that fixes adhoc issues or something?
01-03-2015, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2015 10:11 AM by lumune.)
(01-03-2015 02:00 AM)Maximz Wrote:  >.> now you confused me more what do you mean using coldbird.net? ...i go to coldbird.net and i see stuff relating to .hack//fragment and psp CFW's ...is there something that that fixes adhoc issues or something?

Sorry, i've made a thread that hopefully will clarify what is coldbird and how anyone can play on it.

Link to the thread: here
01-03-2015, 05:14 PM
I also stuck at the loading screen
My OS is Win7

Then I tried some method to resolve in recent days
I tried to use Windows XP with VirtualBox,then I can enter a mission in the MULTI MODE!
I didn't connect with other though,but I think it can works

BUT,when I used same setting with VMware Player,I stuck at the loading screen again
I don't know why,maybe the network specification is different?
01-03-2015, 08:18 PM
(01-03-2015 10:11 AM)lumune Wrote:  
(01-03-2015 02:00 AM)Maximz Wrote:  >.> now you confused me more what do you mean using coldbird.net? ...i go to coldbird.net and i see stuff relating to .hack//fragment and psp CFW's ...is there something that that fixes adhoc issues or something?

Sorry, i've made a thread that hopefully will clarify what is coldbird and how anyone can play on it.

Link to the thread: here

ah i c so coldbird.net is just being used basically as an adhoc server ..ok i get that hmmm guess ill have to give the winpcap a try
01-03-2015, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2015 09:32 PM by lumune.)
(01-03-2015 05:14 PM)H-MASTER Wrote:  I also stuck at the loading screen
My OS is Win7

Then I tried some method to resolve in recent days
I tried to use Windows XP with VirtualBox,then I can enter a mission in the MULTI MODE!
I didn't connect with other though,but I think it can works

BUT,when I used same setting with VMware Player,I stuck at the loading screen again
I don't know why,maybe the network specification is different?

Interesting...

Have you tried installing the Service Pack for your Windows 7 and testing?
Also, have you tried either running PPSSPP 32bit in compatibility mode (Windows XP SP2 or 3) or running PPSSPP as Administrator?

Wishing you guys luck.

(01-03-2015 08:18 PM)Maximz Wrote:  ah i c so coldbird.net is just being used basically as an adhoc server ..ok i get that hmmm guess ill have to give the winpcap a try

You got it, coldbird.net acts as an AdhocServer.exe to everyone.
Hope WinPcap works for you.