Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Phantasy Star Portable 2
01-12-2014, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2015 07:57 AM by vnctdj.)
Phantasy Star Portable 2
I set up my AdHocServer and Hamachi to work for MHFU, and it works flawlessly! However, trying to set up a game in Phantasy Star Portable 2 does not seem to work. Is there anything anyone knows to help me get a multiplayer game going?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2014, 01:29 AM
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Multiplayer?
How easy/difficult would it be to play with a friend or two in Phantasy Star Portable 2 using Hamachi?

I've used Hamachi to play games in the past, I just would like to know if it would work with PPSSPP very well?
03-12-2014, 01:33 AM
RE: Phantasy Star Portable 2 Online Mode?
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
09-26-2014, 03:53 AM
Phantasy Star Portable 2 - Potentially working?
So, evidently, PSP2 gets picked up properly by AdhocServerPro. (See Attachment #1)

The ONLY problem with this at the moment is the menus being stuck. Much like Gods Eater Burst originally, the connection IS made, and it IS functional, but each side can't see each other. I believe this may be due to problems with the game itself.

When attempting to exit the Multiplayer menus in PSP2, the game softlocks, and menus refuse to load past the initial connection. Once you've searched for open lobbies or created one, attempting to go to any menus OR attempting to start Party Play solo will cause a softlock. (See Attachment #2)

From my observations, the current code for AdHoc play is properly functional. The only problem that persists from this point on is the menus. I believe if this gets a fix in a later revision, PSP2 AdHoc should be indeed possible.

I'm not a wizard or anything like this, but is there a way to see which code is being executed at which times? I believe it may be interesting to print a log of what happens in these menus to see if a potential fix could be made.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-26-2014, 04:21 AM
RE: Phantasy Star Portable 2 - Potentially working?
Have you tried hosting with JPCSP?

A lot of games only work properly when hosting with JPCSP.

I.e.: Digimon World Re:Digitize (PPSSPP hangs on lobby creation), Ikkitousen XROSS IMPACT (Adhoc doesn't work on PPSSPP), Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (Nothing works but Race Mode on JPCSP), etc.
09-26-2014, 06:53 AM
You need the console log if you want to see if there is any other errors.
Go to Debug -> Log Console
09-27-2014, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2014 01:08 AM by Mizalie.)
(09-26-2014 04:21 AM)lumune Wrote:  Have you tried hosting with JPCSP?

I.e.: Digimon World Re:Digitize (PPSSPP hangs on lobby creation), Ikkitousen XROSS IMPACT (Adhoc doesn't work on PPSSPP), Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (Nothing works but Race Mode on JPCSP), etc.

Evidently JPCSP is allergic to it. I'm not jumping through fifty different hoops just for the OFF CHANCE that this would work with a different emulator, ESPECIALLY not JPCSP. I've had to install two separate versions of JRE only to find out the developer is a chucklefuck and can't even update his .BAT properly to look for Java7 rather than Java6 after two god damn years. Yes, that's how long the .BAT has been screaming looking for JRE.

This is my own backup I'm also using because I hate using UMDs for anything. Legal issues and all that. I'd rather spend my time fixing the issue with lobby hangs on PPSSPP than bother using this abysmal joke of an emulator again.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-27-2014, 02:36 PM
Here's to hoping this is fixed as soon as possible. It seems like the game wouldn't take much work to get it functional. Not to mention like 50% of the missions are in Multi-Mode only.
11-27-2014, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 02:22 AM by onelight.)
(09-27-2014 01:06 AM)Mizalie Wrote:  
(09-26-2014 04:21 AM)lumune Wrote:  Have you tried hosting with JPCSP?

Evidently JPCSP is allergic to it. I'm not jumping through fifty different hoops just for the OFF CHANCE that this would work with a different emulator, ESPECIALLY not JPCSP. I've had to install two separate versions of JRE only to find out the developer is a chucklefuck and can't even update his .BAT properly to look for Java7 rather than Java6 after two god damn years. Yes, that's how long the .BAT has been screaming looking for JRE.

This is my own backup I'm also using because I hate using UMDs for anything. Legal issues and all that. I'd rather spend my time fixing the issue with lobby hangs on PPSSPP than bother using this abysmal joke of an emulator again.

JPCSP V0.6 1772 !? are you kidding? The latest version of JPCSP is JPCSP v0.7 3676.
You can download JPCSP,PPSSPP at http://buildbot.orphis.net/

This is what you want
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bvf6ka...ocTest.zip
Edit: you'd better change MAC address, make sure PPSSPP are using different MAC

11-28-2014, 07:06 AM
(11-27-2014 03:09 PM)onelight Wrote:  This is what you want

Tried using that build, can connect to my friend through evolve and everything loads up fine, but we get an infinite loading screen when launching missions. Any suggestions?
11-28-2014, 09:26 AM
This game's online multiplayer on PSP is still working and community is not dead too Big Grin

The Signature!
11-28-2014, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2014 10:24 AM by xBladeM6x.)
-snip-

Holy shit that is awesome. The only problem I've seen is the one described above. You get to an infinite load screen when starting missions, and the fact that the framerate is cut to 20 FPS. Though I'm not sure if that's the game, or this experimental PPSSPP build? I tested this on Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity as well, and the 20 FPS cap seems to not be present, but the missions not starting bug persists. Seems like just a little tweaking and this will be complete. Big Grin
11-28-2014, 11:45 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2014 12:00 PM by onelight.)
(11-28-2014 07:06 AM)NoXsys Wrote:  

Tried using that build, can connect to my friend through evolve and everything loads up fine, but we get an infinite loading screen when launching missions. Any suggestions?
Try start mission one by one.
The leader start mission first

other player start mission later.

another suggestion is you'd better not using 32 bit ppsspp connect with 64 bit ppsspp. try both 32 bit ppsspp or both 64 bit ppsspp

(11-28-2014 10:12 AM)xBladeM6x Wrote:  
-snip-

Holy shit that is awesome. The only problem I've seen is the one described above. You get to an infinite load screen when starting missions, and the fact that the framerate is cut to 20 FPS. Though I'm not sure if that's the game, or this experimental PPSSPP build? I tested this on Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity as well, and the 20 FPS cap seems to not be present, but the missions not starting bug persists. Seems like just a little tweaking and this will be complete. Big Grin
It will be 20 FPS when you playing Ad-Hoc Multiplayer
11-28-2014, 12:32 PM
(11-28-2014 11:45 AM)onelight Wrote:  
(11-28-2014 07:06 AM)NoXsys Wrote:  

Try start mission one by one.

another suggestion is you'd better not using 32 bit ppsspp connect with 64 bit ppsspp. try both 32 bit ppsspp or both 64 bit ppsspp

(11-28-2014 10:12 AM)xBladeM6x Wrote:  
-snip-

It will be 20 FPS when you playing Ad-Hoc Multiplayer

This is really great news, i have a friend who will be really happy about this. Now... we need Next Plus fixed too! Right, onelight? Big Grin

Dear santa...
11-28-2014, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2014 04:25 PM by NoXsys.)
(11-28-2014 11:45 AM)onelight Wrote:  Try start mission one by one.

Ah, I just realized you aren't playing Infinity in these screenshots - my mistake. The issue may be with Infinity exclusively. Even tried having my friend stay in his room while I loaded the mission. They load up just fine with only me in the party. I'll test regular psp2 later to see if the problem exists on my end. Really hoping to find a workaround for Infinity.

EDIT: Correction - still get the infinite load screen even as a one man party. Going to do some more testing.