Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Phantasy Star Portable 2
01-11-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: Phantasy Star Portable 2 - Potentially working?
I messed around with Vista, and I still get infinite loading times. :l
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2015, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2015 11:26 PM by NoXsys.)
My brother uses Windows 7 64 bit and can load into missions just fine, where I'm screwed on my rig. It's definitely not as simple as "it doesn't like Win7".
01-14-2015, 08:26 PM
(01-11-2015 11:24 PM)NoXsys Wrote:  My brother uses Windows 7 64 bit and can load into missions just fine, where I'm screwed on my rig. It's definitely not as simple as "it doesn't like Win7".

Clearly it isn't that simple. I'm just stating that it seems certain OS's seem to have a tenancy towards not working for some reason anyone has yet to figure out. Windows 7 and Vista appear to fit that description. Tongue
01-17-2015, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2015 03:34 PM by NoXsys.)
(01-14-2015 08:26 PM)xBladeM6x Wrote:  
(01-11-2015 11:24 PM)NoXsys Wrote:  My brother uses Windows 7 64 bit and can load into missions just fine, where I'm screwed on my rig. It's definitely not as simple as "it doesn't like Win7".

Clearly it isn't that simple. I'm just stating that it seems certain OS's seem to have a tenancy towards not working for some reason anyone has yet to figure out. Windows 7 and Vista appear to fit that description. Tongue

Apologies if I sounded snappy in that post. Wasn't intentional.

Here's to hoping a glorious soul finds/codes a fix soon! We've all been waiting a good long while for luscious phantasy star multiplayer.
02-02-2015, 11:28 AM
I'm not able to get an ad-hoc game started. When I start a multiplayer game, I choose to become a party leader, the game freezes for a second and then PPSSPP crashes(This program has stopped responding...). I'm using the built-in PRO server with the US version of PSP2 on a Windows 7 x64 SP1 machine. I also tried using the external PRO server. I can see where the client connects, but it just disconnects when PPSSPP crashes.

Sometimes, when I let it sit after selecting multiplayer long enough, I can get it to let me become party leader. But, no other clients can see it. I have tried on 3 Android devices over wifi to see the game. They are connecting to the PRO server, but no other messages are shown.

I have tried this with 1.0 and 0.9.9.1-937-Window-AdhocTest versions of PPSSPP and it's doing the same thing. Any ideas?
02-02-2015, 01:06 PM
zomg want try this on 1.0 with 1.0 ?
02-02-2015, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 02:26 PM by lumune.)
The only fix i know of is either running PPSSPP through a WinXP VM or having the player who can start Multiplayer Solo missions as the party leader to get past the infinite Now Loading screen.

(02-02-2015 11:28 AM)zomgugoff Wrote:  I'm not able to get an ad-hoc game started. When I start a multiplayer game, I choose to become a party leader, the game freezes for a second and then PPSSPP crashes(This program has stopped responding...). I'm using the built-in PRO server with the US version of PSP2 on a Windows 7 x64 SP1 machine. I also tried using the external PRO server. I can see where the client connects, but it just disconnects when PPSSPP crashes.

Sometimes, when I let it sit after selecting multiplayer long enough, I can get it to let me become party leader. But, no other clients can see it. I have tried on 3 Android devices over wifi to see the game. They are connecting to the PRO server, but no other messages are shown.

I have tried this with 1.0 and 0.9.9.1-937-Window-AdhocTest versions of PPSSPP and it's doing the same thing. Any ideas?

Have you tested on Windows (1.0 on 1.0) to be safe? Many games crash while trying to Multiplay on Android, it's safer to test using the Windows version.
02-03-2015, 06:20 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2015 06:21 AM by zomgugoff.)
I initially tested on 1.0 -> 1.0 on the same machine, but I think the PRO server has an issue with incoming connections from the same IP, because it only registers 1 connection from the IP on the server window. I have figured out the crashing issue. It appears to be related to multi-core support. Disabling this allows the game to progress.

I wasn't able to get a game visible with the separate server. I had to use the built-in one. Android still isn't seeing the game, however. Oh well.

(02-02-2015 02:23 PM)lumune Wrote:  The only fix i know of is either running PPSSPP through a WinXP VM or having the player who can start Multiplayer Solo missions as the party leader to get past the infinite Now Loading screen.

Have you tested on Windows (1.0 on 1.0) to be safe? Many games crash while trying to Multiplay on Android, it's safer to test using the Windows version.
02-04-2015, 09:28 PM
(02-03-2015 06:20 AM)zomgugoff Wrote:  I initially tested on 1.0 -> 1.0 on the same machine, but I think the PRO server has an issue with incoming connections from the same IP, because it only registers 1 connection from the IP on the server window. I have figured out the crashing issue. It appears to be related to multi-core support. Disabling this allows the game to progress.

I wasn't able to get a game visible with the separate server. I had to use the built-in one. Android still isn't seeing the game, however. Oh well.

So are you saying disabling the "Multithreaded" option in PPSSPP's System Settings is a fix for the infinite "Now Loading" screen?
02-05-2015, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2015 11:36 PM by zomgugoff.)
(02-04-2015 09:28 PM)lumune Wrote:  So are you saying disabling the "Multithreaded" option in PPSSPP's System Settings is a fix for the infinite "Now Loading" screen?

No, I wasn't getting that far. With multithreading on, the program would crash before that could happen. However, I am not getting the infinite loading screen on Windows 7 SP1 x64 with that turned off. I would also point out that I turned off fast memory at the same time, but I left 'I/O on thread' on with Fast timing. I also have 'force real clock sync' on.

Interestingly, I encountered the infinite 'Now Loading' screen on my Android phone when trying to start a multiplayer game with no guests.
02-18-2015, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2015 12:04 AM by Steel Titanium.)
having problems forming a party on Phantasy Star Portable 2
Every time I make a party in game, one player manages to join while the other one leaves, and if I start, they both get stuck in the party menu, or one of them crashes.
02-18-2015, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2015 07:57 AM by vnctdj.)
RE: Phantasy Star Portable 2
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
02-18-2015, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2015 02:55 PM by lumune.)
(02-18-2015 12:00 AM)Steel Titanium Wrote:  Every time I make a party in game, one player manages to join while the other one leaves, and if I start, they both get stuck in the party menu, or one of them crashes.

I'm suspecting your friend has given his emulator config to the other player and thus they're conflicting because of even MAC adresses.
Ask for them to click a few times on "Change MAC adress" inside PPSSPP "Network" settings and then it should work. Also make sure that only the Party Leader has the "built-in PRO Ad hoc server" enabled, all other players must have this option disabled.

If it still doesn't work, ask the guest players to wait inside the Multiplayer screen doing nothing (0:30 in the video below), then you'll enter and select "Form a party" but don't begin party play with just yourself, wait for them to find your party and then finally click to begin party play when they're all present. It may hang sometimes, if it still fails then change the player that is the Party Leader (the one who forms the party) or change your VPN software, i'd recommend Evolve. As a rule of thumb, all players must use the latest version of PPSSPP provided by orphis to avoid version compatibility issues.

02-18-2015, 06:59 PM
Will try that to see see if it works. I wonder if we would have better chance if we use a VPN software also, since we was not using any VPN software when forming a party.
02-25-2015, 07:04 PM
want to test out this. will use the server listed here

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...#pid103397

also using android