Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Phantasy Star Portable 2
01-04-2015, 05:07 AM
RE: Phantasy Star Portable 2 - Potentially working?
(01-03-2015 09:30 PM)lumune Wrote:  Interesting...

Have you tried installing the Service Pack for your Windows 7 and testing?
Also, have you tried either running PPSSPP 32bit in compatibility mode (Windows XP SP2 or 3) or running PPSSPP as Administrator?

Wishing you guys luck.
My Windows 7 already installed all the update done(certainly include SP1)

I have tried running PPSSPP in compatibility mode(XP SP3) also as Administrator,and it still not workSad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2015, 09:50 AM
(01-04-2015 05:07 AM)H-MASTER Wrote:  My Windows 7 already installed all the update done(certainly include SP1)

I have tried running PPSSPP in compatibility mode(XP SP3) also as Administrator,and it still not workSad

I'm stumped then.
01-07-2015, 02:38 AM
Still no fix for the Infinite Load Screen?
My friend load it just fine when he hosts, but I still can't load.
If I host, then neither of us can load.
We're both using Win7 Home Premium 64, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
He even sent me his settings to see if that was the problem and it still didn't work.
01-07-2015, 03:50 AM
unfortunately winpcap didnt do anything for me Sad
01-09-2015, 07:26 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2015 07:32 AM by H-MASTER.)
I tested a self connection yesterday
I used my PC(Win7) connect to the VirtualBox guest OS(WinXP),and it succeededSmile
Then I noticed that the leader is important
When my PC(Win7) character is leader,I get stuck at the loading screen
But when the guest OS(WinXP) character is leader,I can enter the mission

So if you get stuck at the loading screen,you can try to change the leader

Sorry for the poor EnglishSad

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-09-2015, 02:51 PM
i had the same problem i get stuck in loading screen when my friend ths host i wonder if the host has to be guest when the person who not host has to make the party to make it work
01-09-2015, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2015 03:07 PM by lumune.)
(01-09-2015 02:51 PM)Jazneo Wrote:  i had the same problem i get stuck in loading screen when my friend ths host i wonder if the host has to be guest when the person who not host has to make the party to make it work

Final Fantasy Type-0 has this issue, the guest needs to host.
coldbird.net is a good place to test it since none of the players is hosting but coldbird server. You'll need DMZ enabled or ALL your TCP ports open to play on coldbird though.
01-10-2015, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 10:01 PM by Jazneo.)
anyone know the setting to have psp2 for playing online? with coldbird i have the dmz on and my friend see me but when we do a misson we stuck in loading screen i just want to know the setting to make it work
01-10-2015, 10:09 PM
(01-10-2015 10:01 PM)Jazneo Wrote:  anyone know the setting to have psp2 for playing online? with coldbird i have the dmz on and my friend see me but when we do a misson we stuck in loading screen i just want to know the setting to make it work

Oh so you are that Ergheiz i saw hosting. Could you try to join my party? I'm hosting.
I couldn't jin your party for some reason, are you from America?
01-10-2015, 10:16 PM
(01-10-2015 10:09 PM)lumune Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 10:01 PM)Jazneo Wrote:  anyone know the setting to have psp2 for playing online? with coldbird i have the dmz on and my friend see me but when we do a misson we stuck in loading screen i just want to know the setting to make it work

Oh so you are that Ergheiz i saw hosting. Could you try to join my party? I'm hosting.
I couldn't jin your party for some reason, are you from America?

im jaz but my friend that

but we just want to know the working setting so we dont get stuck at loading when we do the misson
01-10-2015, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 10:56 PM by lumune.)
(01-10-2015 10:16 PM)Jazneo Wrote:  im jaz but my friend that

but we just want to know the working setting so we dont get stuck at loading when we do the misson

Many people are getting the infinite loading screen, i dont know the fix. But if you can start a solo mission in multiplayer than other people won't get the infinite loading screen if you are the leader. The leader must be the person who can get into solo multiplayer missions, then it will work for the others as well. Also, always make sure you're using the latest PPSSPP version from orphis here.

By the way, we just raped De Ragan, lol.
01-11-2015, 05:51 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2015 06:10 AM by MunchMonkii.)
Put together an Evolve VPN group for Phantasy Star Portable 2 / Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity PPSSPP players. Everyone is free to join!
evolvehq.com/groups/phantasy-star-portable-2-infinity-on

It's basically an easy lobby system to locate/party with other players over Evolve.

///////////////

Unfortunately I still don't know a solution to the infinite load screen when hosting that some people are having. Like I mentioned in a previous post, if you have access to Windows 8 machine, you may have better luck hosting games on that. I haven't encountered the infinite load issue on any Win8 machines I've tried.

BladeMX over at PSO-World found a workaround by using Virtualbox to run an XP virtual machine which then ran the PPSSPP emulator and hosted a game, but no real fix yet.

Phantasy Star Portable 2 / Infinity
PPSSPP Multiplayer Discord Group
All are welcome to join!
https://discord.gg/qJ7HcBU
01-11-2015, 12:08 PM
(01-11-2015 05:51 AM)MunchMonkii Wrote:  JCGamer over at PSO-World found a workaround by using Virtualbox to run an XP virtual machine which then ran the PPSSPP emulator and hosted a game, but no real fix yet.

Fixed. I saw it posted elsewhere by JCGamer, but mentioned it on PSO-W. Though I'm curious if the infinite loading glitch happens on Windows Vista. It seems Windows 7 is broken, but XP and Windows 8 work just fine.
01-11-2015, 01:29 PM
do u still play this game I mean I downloaded it now and tryd to go online m.p but it says connection interrupted how ( android cold bird method done,)
01-11-2015, 02:01 PM
(01-11-2015 01:29 PM)itachi uchiha Wrote:  do u still play this game I mean I downloaded it now and tryd to go online m.p but it says connection interrupted how ( android cold bird method done,)

Android still has some problems with Adhoc in some games.
I've only played this game online on Windows.