Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Phantasy Star Portable 2
11-30-2014, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2014 12:52 PM by lumune.)
RE: Phantasy Star Portable 2 - Potentially working?
Have you guys tried disabling your firewalls just for testing? Maybe something to do with a bad ISO rip perhaps?
I've really told you guys all i've done. Have you guys tried getting PPSSPP 0.9.9.1 for Windows on the official PPSSPP website download page (here) then overwriting the .exes with my custom builds? Starting from scrath, i mean.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2014, 01:53 PM
(11-30-2014 12:50 PM)lumune Wrote:  Have you guys tried disabling your firewalls just for testing? Maybe something to do with a bad ISO rip perhaps?
I've really told you guys all i've done. Have you guys tried getting PPSSPP 0.9.9.1 for Windows on the official PPSSPP website download page (here) then overwriting the .exes with my custom builds? Starting from scrath, i mean.

I tried socket is missing see debug and see what's missing
11-30-2014, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2014 02:13 PM by Haseeb.)
My level is 60 in online mode Big Grin I play it a lot with my friends.
Online multiplayer of this game is still working guys, Offical PSN online if you have psp!
I told it again.

The Signature!
11-30-2014, 04:39 PM
(11-30-2014 12:50 PM)lumune Wrote:  Have you guys tried disabling your firewalls just for testing? Maybe something to do with a bad ISO rip perhaps?

Tried disabling windows firewall, tried enabling DMZ on my router, tried having my friend host, deleted every trace of ppsspp and reinstalling to a seperate partition with new save. Tried a fresh install on my older laptop, tried using my friends install (who can get into missions just fine Undecided) copied exactly and using his save file. We basically have the same PC too hardware wise. We're stumped.
11-30-2014, 11:04 PM
Still some errors sockets in debug check for yourself and some buffer errors too maybe they fix this i would but i don't know how to do that xD
12-01-2014, 01:39 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 02:32 AM by Elith.)
Well there is proof that people have gotten it working. Me and a group are currently trying we are going to play around with settings and get back to you guys on that.

Edit 1: Currently trying to connecting the 0.9.9.1 1050- Custom build by that one guy from this thread. all of us on DMZ with Evolve.
So far we connect but everyone but me have infinte Loading loop.

Edit2: Fast memory has no change, nor does slowing the mission. Now trying without the coldbird but using the built in AD-hoc We have to use this custom build to even join eachothers party. Is there a source for this custom build or what makes it different? Also When you made that video what was your setup. I assume you used Evolve with coldbird? or built in?

Edit3: After hours of messing with settings and following a guide not in my own language, being in a DMZ for all three of us we can only mess around in the lobby. if anyone comes across any settings that might help let me know. PPSSPP is making pretty good progress though.
12-01-2014, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 10:34 AM by lumune.)
Funny thing is, i don't even play PSP2, what i really want to play is Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus on PPSSPP. I was just curious about the Hack that fixed this game for a friend of mine who wanted to play it but we never expected to get it working online in the first place, it was really a surprise.

Alright, i'll start from the absolute beginning.

First i went to the official PPSSPP downloads page (here) and on PPSSPP For Windows clicked Download 0.9.9.1 zip. Note that i DID NOT install the emulator, i've just unzipped it to a folder on my Windows 7 root drive (C:/Games/ppsspp/ to be more specific). I did this because i know many programs have issues being installed on the Program Files folders, conflicting with Windows UAC for example (which i have got disabled by the way).

After unzipping the folder of the emulator, i've proceeded to overwrite the PPSSPPWindows.exe and PPSSPPWindows64.exe that came with the original zip with the ones from the custom build from sum/adamn that i've compiled and provided in this thread Please compile them yourself (or get the one onelight has provided), the builds i've posted are already outdated. Notice that i did not run the emulator at any point yet.

Then i've proceeded to download the required VC 2013 Runtime (else the emulator would not even work), you can get it from (here).
Install vcredist_x86.exe if you've got a 32bit operating system and install both vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe if your system is 64bit.
You don't need vcredist_arm.exe, since only Androids will use it.

After the installation of the VC 2013 Runtime was finished, i've finally proceeded to run the emulator, doesn't really matter which version it is (32/64).

After setting up my games folder and:
Leaving the Backend at Opengl and Buffered Rendering under Graphics,
Leaving Simulate block tranfer Enabled under Graphics,
Turned OFF Texture Scaling>Upscaling Level under Graphics,
Enabled Depth Range Hack for PSP2 under Graphics,
Disabled Fast Memory under System,
Enabled Force real clock sync under System,
Left the Emulated PSP CPU Clock at 0 (auto) under System,
Unticked Check for new versions of PPSSPP under System,
Enabled Networking/WLAN under System,
Changed proAdhocServer IP Address to localhost under System (it works for testing solo multiplayer missions),
Unticked Enabled built-in PRO Adhoc Server under System (again, this is just for testing solo multiplayer)
Clicked a couple of times on Change MAC address under System,
Changed my nickname under System,
Enabled Daylight savings under System,
Changed Date format to DDMMYYYY under System,
Changed Time format to 24HR under System,
Left Confirmation button to X under System.

Then i've closed the emulator e reopened it again, launching PSP2.

After creating a New Character and playing the first Story Mission, i've finally arrived at Little Wing, then i've saved the game and quit to the Title Screen.
After loading my save from the Title Screen, i've selected Multiplayer then clicked to Form Party>Begin Party Play>Yes.
If you've got your Windows Firewall on, or it's the first time playing an online game on PPSSPP you will receive a Popup Window like this:
[Image: JTqpL8.png]

You will need to check both boxes then click Allow. That's it.
After in the city, try speaking with some NPCs and learning a bit how the Network Play works (that's what i did), then i went to the teleporter at the center of the city and after arriving at the Bridge selected the first Open Mission on Parum.

That's really all i've done, i didnt even use Evolve or coldbird.net on my first video and it worked.

Also, my Phantasy Star Portable 2 is the US version, ULUS10529
12-01-2014, 06:09 PM
We followed your information to the absolute degree.

Same result, Connect absolutely perfectly fine.

But when we try to start a game as a party leader the other player is stuck on infinte loading loop as shown in image below

We have switched hosts, both of us are on a DMZ with all ports open Obviously.

It seems to be case by case basis for some people it works and others it does not. Thank you for the support you have given, It seems to be an issue that will probably fix itself in later revisions. You guys lucked out I guess!!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-01-2014, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 06:48 PM by lumune.)
(12-01-2014 06:09 PM)Elith Wrote:  We followed your information to the absolute degree.

Same result, Connect absolutely perfectly fine.

But when we try to start a game as a party leader the other player is stuck on infinte loading loop as shown in image below

We have switched hosts, both of us are on a DMZ with all ports open Obviously.

It seems to be case by case basis for some people it works and others it does not. Thank you for the support you have given, It seems to be an issue that will probably fix itself in later revisions. You guys lucked out I guess!!

Oh... now i'm at a loss.
I'm sad it didn't work for you but like you said maybe it's just some minor detail that will be fixed in later revs.

Not giving up yet. Just as a last resort, fingers crossed...

Have you tried unblocking the .exes by right clicking them and selecting Unblock (if it's available that is)?
Were you guys trying to play with the same build (32bit with 32bit and 64bit with 64bit)?
If you've tried with the 64bit version, have you tried enabling both: I/O on thread (experimental) and Cache full ISO in RAM (slow startup) under System?
Limiting the speed of both emulators to a low number (25%~50%) on the Open Mission menus just before the loading screen of hell and disabling it after the loading screen?
Limiting the speed of both emulators to a high number (150%~200%) on the Open Mission menus just before the loading screen of hell and disabling it after the loading screen?

Note that neither my friend or me have done any of this to make PSP2 work, but hey, it might work so i'm throwing that here since it did work with other games that i've tested that showed synchronization issues.
12-01-2014, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 07:13 PM by NoXsys.)
(12-01-2014 06:09 PM)Elith Wrote:  It seems to be case by case basis for some people it works and others it does not.

You're absolutely right. My friend gets into missions with ease and he has never had to touch a single setting, where I have never been able to get in. Even more strange is that him and I basically have the same hardware in our PC's - that is CPU, Motherboard and GPU. I still get the bug even on my older laptop, which could possibly suggest something with my network could be causing it - but I've tried both with DMZ enabled, as well as completely disabling my network's firewall with no success.

Enabling the debug console does show some socket errors as noted in earlier posts, but these all seem to occur right after loading into the lobby (which functions just fine). There are no errors present in the console at the moment the bug occurs. In fact, it seems to be still sending and receiving packets to and from the adhoc server as intended.

@lumune - Thanks, you've went above and beyond in your posts, and we appreciate your effort in trying to diagnose this. It may just be out of our hands at the moment.
12-01-2014, 11:43 PM
(12-01-2014 07:10 PM)NoXsys Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 06:09 PM)Elith Wrote:  It seems to be case by case basis for some people it works and others it does not.

You're absolutely right. My friend gets into missions with ease and he has never had to touch a single setting, where I have never been able to get in. Even more strange is that him and I basically have the same hardware in our PC's - that is CPU, Motherboard and GPU. I still get the bug even on my older laptop, which could possibly suggest something with my network could be causing it - but I've tried both with DMZ enabled, as well as completely disabling my network's firewall with no success.

Enabling the debug console does show some socket errors as noted in earlier posts, but these all seem to occur right after loading into the lobby (which functions just fine). There are no errors present in the console at the moment the bug occurs. In fact, it seems to be still sending and receiving packets to and from the adhoc server as intended.

@lumune - Thanks, you've went above and beyond in your posts, and we appreciate your effort in trying to diagnose this. It may just be out of our hands at the moment.

I told you there is a error and buffer errors too they are preventing mission start i checked jpcsp there is mission start problem too xD hope ppsspp with fix this
12-02-2014, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 12:03 AM by onelight.)
So this is Phantasy Star Portable 2 - Potentially [NPJH50332]
also working with my PPSSPP-v0.9.9.1-937-AdhocTest windows build

12-02-2014, 01:10 AM
I find this post making me extremely salty, I'm going to have my friend connect to another friend and see if its on my end.
12-02-2014, 01:19 AM
(12-02-2014 01:10 AM)Elith Wrote:  I find this post making me extremely salty, I'm going to have my friend connect to another friend and see if its on my end.

Right? Been salty for a few days. Let's start a club. Rolleyes
12-04-2014, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2014 01:09 PM by Heoxis.)
I realised that only laptops or anything that catch wifi can enter lobby and missions :O i mean without cable from routher