Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
06-19-2013, 01:48 AM
RE: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
I'm using the latest build on my at&t galaxy s4 and I was looking for some tips on to get a better fps number mine is at about 35 to 40 but only when I have frame skipper set at 3 but that causes all cutscenes to flicker. I'm on a close to stock ROM with all of at&t bloatware removed but all the Samsung apps are still on(I love smart pause and smart stay too much lol) I also have a custom kernel that has all 4 cores locked in at 2.1ghz. I saw another android user say they get 50-60.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2013, 03:52 AM
Make sure that the power saving setting is off. PPSSPP mainly only uses one core, though.

You can also try setting frame skip to 2. I'm not sure if it will work okay in this game, but disabling buffered rendering may help, and enabling fast memory (requires a restart) may help.

-[Unknown]
06-19-2013, 04:56 AM
(06-19-2013 03:52 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Make sure that the power saving setting is off. PPSSPP mainly only uses one core, though.

You can also try setting frame skip to 2. I'm not sure if it will work okay in this game, but disabling buffered rendering may help, and enabling fast memory (requires a restart) may help.

-[Unknown]

Ok thanks [Unknown] I'll give that a try. If that doesn't work I'll just try for a different ROM like CM10 and see if all the bloatware being gone will help
06-19-2013, 05:45 AM
(06-18-2013 04:34 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  Did you download the atrac3 plugin when prompted by the emulator?

emulator didnt say anything about extra download Sad do you have link to download that?
06-19-2013, 05:59 AM
Go into the enable sound option and there should be a button to download the plugin adhityairvan
06-19-2013, 07:05 AM
(06-19-2013 05:59 AM)DemonBooter Wrote:  Go into the enable sound option and there should be a button to download the plugin adhityairvan
okay found it Smile i have downloaded both for android and windows version,but on android the sound is stuttering and make the game slow a bit Sad is that normal?on windows i got full speed gaming Smile
06-19-2013, 09:15 AM
How can you enable music? I have sound effects like footsteps and buttons sounds but, no music and no videos (i have to skip them).
I tried osx and windows.

Any of you can listen the game music? Im not getting asked about any plugin by the emulator.

Are you using 0.7.6 from the main page?
06-19-2013, 09:58 AM
(06-19-2013 09:15 AM)e270889o Wrote:  How can you enable music? I have sound effects like footsteps and buttons sounds but, no music and no videos (i have to skip them).
I tried osx and windows.

Any of you can listen the game music? Im not getting asked about any plugin by the emulator.

Download the latest version from this page: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/.
06-19-2013, 07:41 PM
I've got a Xperia Z, adreno 320 and 1,5 ghz. Would it be enjoyable on my phone or does it lag too much when there are many enemies on screen?
06-19-2013, 09:23 PM
(06-19-2013 09:58 AM)xemnas Wrote:  
(06-19-2013 09:15 AM)e270889o Wrote:  How can you enable music? I have sound effects like footsteps and buttons sounds but, no music and no videos (i have to skip them).
I tried osx and windows.

Download the latest version from this page: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/.

Done!!! thanks
06-19-2013, 11:56 PM
(06-19-2013 07:41 PM)adrenaline91 Wrote:  I've got a Xperia Z, adreno 320 and 1,5 ghz. Would it be enjoyable on my phone or does it lag too much when there are many enemies on screen?

It'll lag here and there but not always, should mostly work fine at an average speed of 40-60VPS mostly.

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
06-21-2013, 02:35 AM
Has anyone else been getting "PPSSPP has stopped working" and a weird blur effect with the newest build (1508)?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-21-2013, 03:59 AM
Guys i have a problem with this game running on emulator.

The sound works but is VERY distorted and scratchy at some points... i havent bothered going past the intro videos because its so distorted its unplayable....

using the latest from GITHUB PPSSPP with the new ATRAC3+ encoder installed on my samsung galaxy SII

I also tried God of war ghost of sparta but it would not go past intro screen about sony or something.... yet these games are both "playable" on the playable games list
06-21-2013, 05:18 AM
thats because you aren't at full speed

and the playable list is based on the release version, which several regressions have occurred since, and now ppsspp devs are forcing users to report media engine bugs so they can't just turn that off and play a half working game.
06-21-2013, 07:15 AM
(06-21-2013 05:18 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote:  thats because you aren't at full speed

and the playable list is based on the release version, which several regressions have occurred since, and now ppsspp devs are forcing users to report media engine bugs so they can't just turn that off and play a half working game.

What do you mean i'm not playing at full speed ?