Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Grid lines, please help
09-22-2014, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2014 12:55 PM by ZeReLioN.)
Grid lines, please help
Hi there.

I have been trying to play Metal Slug anthology games but there seems to be grid lines all over the screen. I have tried all sorts of diff settings but none seem to have any effect on the grid lines. Here is a screenshot of practically the lowest settings by practically turning everything off:

i.imgur.com/AoT3Kbn.jpg

Even though I have been fiddling around with the settings for a while now to no avail, I may have missed something. Any help appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2014, 02:46 PM
RE: Grid lines, please help
Maybe try to turn off texture filtering and filter with post-processing shaders instead
09-23-2014, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2014 07:44 AM by ZeReLioN.)
Hmm so after some more testing it seems the culprit is the texture scaling which is a shame because that's what improves the graphical quality by far the most for 2D sprite games. Choosing which scaling to use to what scale or auto makes no difference. I don't know what deposterize does but it makes no difference either. Most other enhancements pretty much don't do anything for 2D sprite games. Things like BRZ means the difference between playing with pixelated graphics and smoothed out crisp graphics.
10-02-2014, 11:16 AM
It's obviously none of that. It might be your graphics card. What is the name of it? If you tell me, I could tell you which one you need to replace with.