Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best Android Smartphone for PPSSPP right now?
09-18-2014, 04:29 PM
Best Android Smartphone for PPSSPP right now?
It's been a while since I've been to this forum. I remember reading that Snapdragon 800 devices weren't too good for running PPSSPP. How does the current-gen smartphones compare? What would be the best Android phone to buy specifically for running PPSSPP?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2014, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2014 05:00 PM by fivefeet8.)
RE: Best Android Smartphone for PPSSPP right now?
Most Android phones still run Snapdragon chipsets. The most recent is the Snapdragon 801 phones like the Galaxy S5 and HTC One(M8). It's not that the devices have lacking hardware. By all accounts, the hardware should be capable, but the Adreno drivers hold back the phones performance in much of anything OpenGL.

For example, my Note 3 which has a fairly powerful Snapdragon 800 chipset still has performance problems with Playstation1 emulation when OpenGL is used. Which I find to be grossly lacking as it runs them fine in the software/hardware(neon) modes. With most PSP games, I can only use at most 2xNative rendering with frameskipping and speed hacks.

I think you'll need to wait for the Note 4 phone as it's suppose to have the newer Snapdragon 805 chipset with the Adreno 420 GPU(which I may upgrade to). That may be able to overcome the comparatively lacking drivers. Unless you are fine with playing most PSP emulated games with frameskipping and the lower 1x/2x resolution settings.
09-18-2014, 07:11 PM
yeah ppsspp is not happy with adreno and all other emulator . blaming Qualcomm for the bad driver , i think device with powervr or tegra is the best for running this emulator , my ipad 4 using powervr and can run almost all game full speed (better than z ultra) damn it -.- , and all new android device using adreno wtf -.-

Experimenting with adhoc over internet system through Amultios custom ppsspp fork, find me in game

Monster Hunter Freedom : Lucis
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite : Lucis
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd: Lucis
01-04-2017, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2017 02:25 PM by the end.)
Try to install the latest realease

sorry any english mistake..please go easy on me i'm still learning