Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Final Fantasy II
02-13-2015, 08:06 PM
RE: Final Fantasy II
I've solved my issue. For anyone who is in my shoes, how I solved it was by *Un*checking the "Disable Alpha Test" and "Disable Stencil Test". Turning off both of these made the shops appear, and corrected the issue on the save screen (since the save screen uses borders as a cursor, which I imagine are rendered with Stencils). Now everything runs fine albeit with a few small graphic bugs. [Unknown]'s suggestion to switch to PSPx1 resolution helps on the overworld map a lot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2015, 11:56 PM
Sad Final Fantasy II Freezing in Battle
Title: Final Fantasy II
Genre: RPG
Region: US
Format: ISO
Version: v1.0
Game Id ULUS10263
Compatibility: Playable
Notes:

I have a problem playing ff2 on ppsspp 1.0 cause it freezes and locks up on
the intro battle scene where everyone is supposed to die

it doesn't do this on 9.6
is there a setting i need to fix?
02-16-2015, 12:03 AM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
02-16-2015, 03:10 AM
Try resetting to default settings.

-[Unknown]
02-16-2015, 03:44 AM
tryed that

i dunno why it flashes white and freezes then crashes

on 9.6 it goes thru with no problem :/
02-16-2015, 05:12 AM
ive solved my problem and it goes thru the dying intro battle

Props to the person who added Direct3D 9 setting in 1.0

Big Grin

last but not least is the lil bit of lag on the world map
wont hurt me though Cool

probably no openGL on my aTi????
06-15-2015, 03:47 PM
Hi, I'm having a problem where the game freezes after the dialogue with the Dark Knight. I really want to finish this game, especially now that I am so close to the end.

Thanks in advance...
12-17-2015, 12:17 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2015 10:21 AM by Astrial.)
I've been playing Final Fantasy II for a while, with no issues (aside from some lag in the overworld, but after tweaking some settings, it played fine).

However, like NevahNo, I cannot get past the Dark Knight near the end of the game. This is very frustrating, to get so far only for the game to freeze there. My save files aren't corrupted. The music keeps playing, but the game freezes and I'm unable to do anything every time I try to talk to him to progress further in the game.

After doing extensive searches online, the only thing I could find about this issue was: www gamefaqs com/boards/937910-final-fantasy-ii/44653744

If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated. I'm playing on the PC version of PPSSPP, using the latest version (1.1.1). Format: ISO Region: USA
12-21-2015, 04:28 PM
First. Thanks for the best PSP emulator!. This game runs perfectly for me, no slowdowns or glitches , except that in battles, when the monster is defeated, normally a disintegration like animation runs and then the monster disappears. But sometimes, apparently at random the monster sprite remains on screen after the animation runs, only his shadow disappears. The sprite remains on screen for some seconds then disappears. Maybe this is a vertex cache problem or something ? Other than that the game runs perfectly.
12-22-2015, 03:14 AM
It could be that, or if you have "lazy texture hashing" enabled.

-[Unknown]
12-23-2015, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2015 01:07 AM by visiorama.)
(12-22-2015 03:14 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  It could be that, or if you have "lazy texture hashing" enabled.

-[Unknown]

Unfortunately no, Lazy Texture Caching is disabled. Vertex Cache is not the culprit either. Pretty strange problem. If it helps, sometimes the disintegration animation stops in the middle, the sprite keeps there. Then disappears. Could be a timing problem or something. My monitor is 120hz. But the FPS is locked at 60 max no ? Just guessing. As a game/software developer i'm curious as to the cause of the problem Smile
12-23-2015, 04:20 AM
Well, I'm not sure how it does that specific effect. If you're interested (and want to help) use the GE debugger - in the Debug menu on Windows, you can hit step frame, and see exactly how the game is drawing things.

It might be blending the texture less and less, or it might be redoing the bits of the texture to fade it out (which we might miss if we're not rehashing the texture constantly.) Or it might be using vertices to fade it out (which we could miss if we cached them.) That's why my previous suggestions.

The FPS is locked at 60 (actually 59.94 NTSC) which is the refresh rate of the PSP's screen. Some games will render at 30fps or even 20fps.

-[Unknown]
12-23-2015, 11:57 AM
Thanks. It could be fun to debug it and investigate then ! Smile
12-29-2015, 12:41 PM
It appears the problem is much more prevalent when there's more enemies on the screen. With 8 enemies on the screen the problem happens everytime.
12-31-2015, 02:38 AM
Any assistance for me? ..