Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Final Fantasy II
12-24-2016, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2016 10:32 PM by LunaMoo.)
RE: Final Fantasy II
As for 4xHQ it's an upscaling effect, if you don't know how it should look like, maybe you should not use it at all as it add's rounding(althrough weaker from 5xBR) to the upscaled output and that's something which many people hate.
========
Edit: Just in case since I made the most recent changes to this crap, I checked it with this game, here's some comparison:

5xBR:
[Image: A6ElyR1.jpg]

4xHQ:
[Image: vvoTcpI.jpg]

Nearest neighbour(aka upscaled without any fancy effect):
[Image: oLYdxd0.jpg]

(click to get full res)

And yeah it works perfectly fine, that's how 4xHQ it should look like, doesn't make everything as round as 5xBR, but still it's doing very similar job as that's what it was designed for. Ofc upscaling effects used as post process will not have their full effect on stretched graphics, so not all 2D graphics will really look ok with it and 3D elements will always look bad;p.
=========
In older versions, especially in those ported FF games it varied from not doing anything(as initially it wasn't doing any scaling) to requiring manual tweaking per-game. As far as I can tell it works as it should now, ofc it's to be used in 2D games only.

The problem with AMD drivers, as anyone can read here was already fixed. Unfortunately there was some big feature update for amd drivers recently and I guess release of "minor"(aka not affecting commercial pc games) fixes got delayed. You basically have a choice between installing much older ogl drivers and waiting for the fix to be released.
It'll most likely never be fixed on ppsspp side, while we do have some workarounds for other brands(yes including green team), driver problems that were officially reproduced and fixed aren't really worth working around.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2016, 02:09 AM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2016 02:21 AM by fdubus.)
I know how it should look like ^^ I'm using emulators since 1996

Here how it looks on my computer since around 1.1 update (AMD Crimson Drivers came out also, so I'm not sure when it ceased to work properly)

.jpg  ULES00987_00000.jpg (Size: 207.36 KB / Downloads: 598)

.jpg  ULES00987_00001.jpg (Size: 409.21 KB / Downloads: 556)

Before that pixel mess it was looking nice same as the picture you've posted... definitely something has changed. Now I'm not sure if it comes from PPSSPP, from AMD drivers, from bad config on my side or from OS or hardware problems. But I don't have that kind of problem with other applications or emulators...

Thank you for the link about AMD !

So they said the problem is fixed, but as I read people are saying it is not... Shame on them, I really hope they will do something...

So for now I'm stuck, just can't use PPSSPP anymore :'( any idea if performance improvements are planed for the DirectX back-end as well as possibility to use the juicy fullscreen filters with DirectX ?

I'll have to go back to my good old PSP, if it still powers on, until a fix is coming and play with tiny scrren Tongue
12-28-2016, 03:35 PM
If you see that, you're probably using outdated shader version, before the recent change I made. If you don't want to use nightly build, you can just grab 4xhqglsl.vsh and defaultshaders.ini files from it or github to get the most recent version which should work better than whatever ancient one you used.

In case it's not obvious ~ if you really want to use older drivers - you don't need to actually affect other apps by the downgrade, you can just throw outdated OGL driver dll's into ppsspp directory and it will use them just as any other windows app would.
Unsure if it will work with your gpu, but you can try files posted in here, if it doesn't work, just get same files from your own gpu driver installation, it doesn't even have to install, just let the installer extract it's files, find those you need and rename dl_ to dll. Then just wait till amd releases fixed driver.

As for d3d9, it's very limited, it's in theory faster on older gpu's, but in general used by people that have no choice due to poor ogl support, it's compatibility is lower and yeah speed on actual modern gpu's sucks, nobody seriously cares about that backend because it's too limiting and has problems that can't be solved.
Althrough some news ~ Henrik does work on adding d3d11(mostly for windows mobile and win 10 app store I guess) which might end up comparable to OGL when it comes to it's speed and features, that's a future thing through.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
12-31-2016, 04:28 PM
Awesome !

Thanks for your answer ! I'll try to find drivers from before the Crimson update and copy the dll Smile or maybe I can find them somewhere on the net.

Thanks for the explanation on shaders, I'll go grab the latest nightly build ^^

Great news to know that D3D11 will come someday ! I didn't know that directx9 was so bad as a drivers, actually I was thinking it was faster than D11, mainly because there is less fx available Tongue
06-05-2017, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2017 03:34 PM by Pelador1.)
This game crashes on me when I enter the second town.

Fixed by either updating my GPU or changing to Vulcan on the emulator settings.