Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Android and PSP
09-01-2014, 03:19 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 03:53 AM by Nekolacek.)
Android and PSP
Ok, id like to play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite with my friend in school.
is that possible? PSP 3000 and Android?

Ive set up the hotspot and adhoc server on my tablet, set the IP and stuff, tried to get into online guild house and it worked just fine. So im assuming this side is ok, but what about the PSP? Whats there neccesary to do? <-- the main question ( pls step by step Sad )

Is there necesary for a router to be involved? Is it like, the android device being router, or i dont know....like... Without a need for a bridge? If we would in middle of desert with android and psp want to play together is that possible? Or... If i would just bring some small router in school, would that be enough, even though it would have no internet?

Sorry if theres already topic about this, ive missed it probably.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2014, 04:06 AM
RE: Android and PSP
(09-01-2014 03:19 AM)Nekolacek Wrote:  Ok, id like to play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite with my friend in school.
is that possible? PSP 3000 and Android?

Ive set up the hotspot and adhoc server on my tablet, set the IP and stuff, tried to get into online guild house and it worked just fine. So im assuming this side is ok, but what about the PSP? Whats there neccesary to do? <-- the main question ( pls step by step Sad )

Is there necesary for a router to be involved? Is it like, the android device being router, or i dont know....like... Without a need for a bridge? If we would in middle of desert with android and psp want to play together is that possible? Or... If i would just bring some small router in school, would that be enough, even though it would have no internet?

Sorry if theres already topic about this, ive missed it probably.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=8349

follow the steps =)
09-01-2014, 04:29 AM
So... I absolutely have to have a router? If so, school has its routers, but its the " secured " connection, for example, you cant play multiplayer games on any platform ( you can be on internet ) , will these routers work fine?
09-01-2014, 06:52 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 06:59 AM by nc50lc.)
no, just make sure that his PSP had pro online plugin installed&enabled and change the coldbird.net to 192.168.43.1 from Seplugins¬AdhocServer.txt / Put your Tab's Portable WifiHotspot's SSID (name) in Hotspot.txt

| Testing Rig: Windows10 PC |
->Proc: Intel Core i3 4130
->GPU: Nvidia GTX660 GDDR5 1GB
->RAM: 8GB DDR3
09-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Alrighty then, thanks for your assistance :3
09-10-2014, 11:56 PM
Hello.
So, ive tried to make this work, I ran the PortableWifiHotspot, an adhocserver, and then launched PPSSPP. I went into online gathering hall 1. (I had 192.168.43.1 IP adress and some random mac adress)

Then, on PSP, friend tried to connect, but he entered Gathering Hall 1, which was empty, i didnt see him, he didnt see me. He had the IP set to 192.168.43.1 too and the ProOnline thingy was launched before he launched the game.
Watttodo?
09-11-2014, 01:06 AM
The upnp or DMZ must be enable that's why you can't see each other
09-11-2014, 01:12 AM
You must be enabled? Well.... How to enable?
09-11-2014, 04:41 AM
Oh, i though its possible to just use the PortableWifiHotspot :/ Well, thats dissapointing...
09-11-2014, 01:50 PM
hey hey, you have to wait a minute for him to appear. it's not like Prometheus.
The moment that he entered "online gathering hall" without an error means a success in the operation.

09-11-2014, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2014 01:52 PM by Nekolacek.)
Well, we didnt wait longer than 10 secs, thats true, but not even his name appeared in the box on right, nothing :<
09-13-2014, 03:26 PM
try with new build maybe ? i hear ppsspp have new adhoc build in android which doesnt need adhocserver.apk , if you cant see each other with lan connection check the game region , you both should use same game region for mhfu , and router without internet is possible too to play multiplayer just configure the lan right and you can play

Experimenting with adhoc over internet system through Amultios custom ppsspp fork, find me in game

Monster Hunter Freedom : Lucis
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite : Lucis
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd: Lucis
09-14-2014, 08:44 AM
(09-11-2014 01:52 PM)Nekolacek Wrote:  Well, we didnt wait longer than 10 secs, thats true, but not even his name appeared in the box on right, nothing :<

yes, he won't appear at 1st including his name in the box. That's the same with Android to Android via Hotspot.
After you both entered, wait for about a minute without interruption like pause menu. (make sure you entered online gathering hall :/ )