Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ios version won't save states
09-13-2014, 01:10 AM
ios version won't save states
It seems to load the save state I have just fine.

However when I try to save over it, or create a new one in a different save state slot it won't work.

Same error if I try to save conventionally.

Can't save period which means I essentially can't play anymore.

I'm worried about trying to uninstall and/or reinstall ppsspp due to the potential to lose the saves I have. Almost done with trails and forget playing it a second time if I lose my progress.

Any ideas? First issue I've ever had with this amazing amazing emu.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2014, 06:20 AM
RE: ios version won't save states
So, basically, any operation that modifies files won't work. This pretty much means a file ownership / permission issue. I don't really know what to do about those on iOS, but you probably want the files owned by "mobile" and writable by owner, group, and all (0666).

-[Unknown]
09-13-2014, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2014 06:39 PM by klepp0906.)
RE: ios version won't save states
Ah! I never thought of that! Great idea! I bet you nailed it on the head!

Here I am downloading every version on the entire site and it would always load but never save the state! Nor save regular. I was about to give up and then I read your post.

I had moved the entire psp folder that harbors the settings and the saves to my PC while I updated ppsspp as I wasn't sure if it was going to delete them or not. I used ssh fwiw. I moved them back and was stoked to see they loaded with the new version but wouldn't save.

Normally I would just spend the day and finish it but it has a habit of stuttering and locking up at random semi rarely and I usually save frequently to avoid it being an issue. Without saves of any kind even close to the end it would be just asking to tear my hair out!

I even considered just moving on to a different game but I really want to play the trilogy if the chance arises someday and I hate repeating games so having not finished it would put me in a pickle.

All that being said, thank you very much. Great idea! I don't want to get my hopes up but I'm going to change the permissions to full access now and see what happens!

Just as a second line of defense so to speak... Is their a way to tell which version a save or save state is associated with? Or is it safe to assume that if the version of ppsspp I'm using can load it, it can save it? And something else (ie permissions) would be causing the issue?

Thx again!!!

YOU are the king of the world!!

It's your world and I just play in it Tongue

With that being said, I'm not sure what folder or file was presenting the issue, but I changed them all in the documents/psp hierarchy (3 folders and like 8 files) two of which I could recognize as saves, the others i wasn't sure so covered my bases.

While i would love to know which one exactly it was - to avoid future issues as well as help fix future issues the "right" way.... I'm still plenty satisfied Smile

So once again, tyvm. Bigtime Smile