Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Local Multiplayer?
09-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Local Multiplayer?
Hi there! So i was wondering. How would one go about playing local multiplayer? What i mean is a friend and i playing on the same pc? I just dont know if i need to do anything fancy or if i just have to do the old fashioned way of opening two instances of the emulator. Any help would be very much appreciated! c: i skimmed very briefly and saw something about the subject and most were talking about using a vm machine or hamachi which...doesnt make much sense if my friend is right next to me. So i thought i would just make it clear that hes right by my side and we arent trying to do something with vm machines. Thank you Smile (looking forward to hopefully playing dissidia and or ape escape academy with him cSmile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2014, 08:41 PM
RE: Local Multiplayer?
There's no such a thing,not unless you use a VM , at least for the moment.Your best shot is playing PC vs laptop on local network.Other than that , nope.
09-09-2014, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 08:42 AM by Haseeb.)
On the same pc , its not possible unfortunately .
Btw , I was thinking , if someone has an awesome pc , so its worth giving a try running 1 PPSSPP via windows xp on virtual machine and 1 PPSSPP on native windows .. In this way , playing multiplayer on the same pc, will it work? Right?
Definitely you need a powerful PC.

The Signature!
09-16-2014, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2014 02:58 PM by gh0stx.)
(09-09-2014 08:40 AM)Haseeb Wrote:  On the same pc , its not possible unfortunately .
Btw , I was thinking , if someone has an awesome pc , so its worth giving a try running 1 PPSSPP via windows xp on virtual machine and 1 PPSSPP on native windows .. In this way , playing multiplayer on the same pc, will it work? Right?

yup it will work with virtual machine

===========================
PSP: PSP 3000 PRO C custom firmware
~~PPSSPP Devices~~
Phone: iphone 4G
Desktop: i7-2600, 4GB ram , GTS 450
===========================
09-16-2014, 05:32 PM
(09-16-2014 02:58 PM)gh0stx Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 08:40 AM)Haseeb Wrote:  On the same pc , its not possible unfortunately .

yup it will work with virtual machine

Nice , so it means this can happen.
Or maybe easier way , Hanrik would someday add support to play without any need of Virtual machine , who knows.

The Signature!