Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
PPSSPP Automated Builds for iOS, Android, OS X, and Linux
09-01-2014, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 09:46 PM by angelXwind.)
PPSSPP Automated Builds for iOS, Android, OS X, and Linux
Well, hello again. Many of you may have noticed that the iOS, Android, OS X, and Linux builds of PPSSPP I compiled have disappeared from the face of the Internet.

I'm glad to say that builds for those platforms are now available once again thanks to hrydgard - get them at http://build.ppsspp.org/?page/downloads and follow the instructions applicable to your desired platform.

For those on iOS who know what to do already, the Cydia/APT repository is http://cydia.ppsspp.org/.

In addition to the Git builds, a new release track has been added - one with only the major PPSSPP releases (for example, 0.9.9.1).

"Dev-Working" is what the old "Stable" package was, and "Dev-Latest" is what the old "Testing" package was.

If you don't know what to choose, "Dev-Working" is a good choice.

Enjoy.

Because this thread is posted in the "iOS port" section, please keep discussion about these builds for other platforms to the other thread, found here: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=13059

-angelXwind sinks back into her hiding hole-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2014, 11:44 PM
RE: PPSSPP Automated Builds for iOS, Android, OS X, and Linux
Thanks for the build
09-02-2014, 08:11 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 08:16 AM by Leo Oreo.)
Thanks for this Angel, just a few questions....
If i have problems with a game, where would I go for help?
What settings would I need to mess around with?
What is more likely to work, .cso or .iso?
What can I do if games are lagging?
Games look blurry, how can i fix this?
Can I use a controller with this?

...using iPad Mini Retina iOS 7.0.3
09-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Report any bugs and issues at the GitHub issue tracker here: https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/new

CSO and ISO both work.

The iPad mini Retina has the A7 SoC, which should be able to run most games at full speed. Try changing some graphics settings.

And yes, controllers, including the Dualshock controllers, work in PPSSPP.

-angelXwind sinks back into her hiding hole-
09-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Yes a7 runs everything including killzone at fullspeed. Where is Reicast for iOS? And Dolphin ?
Anybody working on porting them? Why no full screen landscape mode in nds4ios???
09-02-2014, 06:24 PM
Why are you pestering her about things that are irrelevant to PPSSPP?

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
09-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Why do you wanna know?
09-02-2014, 09:29 PM
Very nice to see you back, Karen!
09-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Where's the thanks button??? Welcome back. Would love to see nds4ios come back eventually too!
09-02-2014, 10:52 PM
This is about as close as you get to "thanks" here:
[Image: 5ozjWVy.png]
09-03-2014, 07:59 AM
(09-01-2014 09:28 PM)angelXwind Wrote:  Well, hello again. Many of you may have noticed that the iOS, Android, OS X, and Linux builds of PPSSPP I compiled have disappeared from the face of the Internet.

I'm glad to say that builds for those platforms are now available once again thanks to hrydgard - get them at http://build.ppsspp.org/?page/downloads and follow the instructions applicable to your desired platform.

For those on iOS who know what to do already, the Cydia/APT repository is http://cydia.ppsspp.org/.

In addition to the Git builds, a new release track has been added - one with only the major PPSSPP releases (for example, 0.9.9.1).

"Dev-Working" is what the old "Stable" package was, and "Dev-Latest" is what the old "Testing" package was.

If you don't know what to choose, "Dev-Working" is a good choice.

Enjoy.

Because this thread is posted in the "iOS port" section, please keep discussion about these builds for other platforms to the other thread, found here: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=13059

Thanks for this Karen, and I hope to see NDS4iOS back again. Damn with Nintendo.
09-03-2014, 04:09 PM
The latest working builds have introduced an audio problem for me. Some time after playing the audio starts to stutter and character voices have an echoish effect when it occurs. The FPS counter stays at around 30 so its not because of low frame rate. The game is Persona 3 Portable. I am playing on the iPad Mini 1st gen. It runs pretty smooth for the most part until the stuttering effect occurs and does not go away no matter what settings I fiddle with. It does go away for a couple seconds if i go into settings and change something but comes back after a little bit. This never happened on the last build before the repo came back.
09-03-2014, 04:58 PM
(09-03-2014 04:09 PM)Alcatraz0890 Wrote:  The latest working builds have introduced an audio problem for me. Some time after playing the audio starts to stutter and character voices have an echoish effect when it occurs. The FPS counter stays at around 30 so its not because of low frame rate. The game is Persona 3 Portable. I am playing on the iPad Mini 1st gen. It runs pretty smooth for the most part until the stuttering effect occurs and does not go away no matter what settings I fiddle with. It does go away for a couple seconds if i go into settings and change something but comes back after a little bit. This never happened on the last build before the repo came back.

is perfect for me,no sound issue.ip5S iOS 7.1.2

if you have frameskip or cpu speed hack or timer hack enabled next time set off.
also try to change sound latency setting.
09-03-2014, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 05:30 PM by Alcatraz0890.)
(09-03-2014 04:58 PM)brujo55 Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 04:09 PM)Alcatraz0890 Wrote:  The latest working builds have introduced an audio problem for me. Some time after playing the audio starts to stutter and character voices have an echoish effect when it occurs. The FPS counter stays at around 30 so its not because of low frame rate. The game is Persona 3 Portable. I am playing on the iPad Mini 1st gen. It runs pretty smooth for the most part until the stuttering effect occurs and does not go away no matter what settings I fiddle with. It does go away for a couple seconds if i go into settings and change something but comes back after a little bit. This never happened on the last build before the repo came back.

if you have frameskip or cpu speed hack or timer hack enabled next time set off.
Look dude, I already said I have fiddled with every single setting. No matter what, it does eventually occur. Also there is a significant difference between the iPad Mini 1st gen and your iPhone 5S. It most likely a glitch due to the frame rate drops that occur at specific areas. The frame rate on this game only drops for me when its loading areas of the city and such. and a little bit during the battle areas. The audio stutters the same way when the frame rate drops in these areas. After encountering several area loads the audio gets stuck in the low frame rate state.

Edit: To make it clear only the audio gets stuck in a low frame rate state. The game itself is running at 30fps pretty much stable still when this occurs as indicated by the fps counter.
And no I do not use frame skip or timer hacks. They are unnecessary, as I said the game runs fine for the most part.
09-03-2014, 05:30 PM
(09-03-2014 05:23 PM)Alcatraz0890 Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 04:58 PM)brujo55 Wrote:  

Look dude, I already said I have fiddled with every single setting. No matter what it does eventually occur. Also there is a significant difference between the iPad Mini 1st gen and your iPhone 5S. It most likely a glitch due to the frame rate drops that occur at specific areas. The frame rate on this game only drops for me when its loading areas of the city and such. and a little bit during the battle areas. The audio stutters the same way when the frame rate drops in these areas. After encountering several area loads the audio gets stuck in the low frame rate state.

Ok.
For best perfomance dissable slow effects + simulate Block transfer,those setting aré very cpu demanding,enable only if is nesesary.