Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[split] Mac OS X auto build script
08-29-2014, 10:54 PM
[split] Mac OS X auto build script
Guys,
I was trying out an auto-compile script for OSX: pastebin.com/yeGxjmAb
My plan is basically to build a nightly release and SVN build logs, so real devs can seen new warnings/errors on nightly builds.
I haven't obviously added the svn part, but I'm thinking that should be cake to do.
Any tips or suggestions on what I should do on the script?
Currently, it seems all errors on b.sh just dump on stdout instead of the text file.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2014, 07:08 AM
RE: [split] Mac OS X auto build script
Errors usually go to stderr, which is not redirected by >, it's redirected by 2>.

So this would probably log errors:

xcodebuild 2>logfile

You can also put them both e.g. something like:

xcodebuild 2>&1 1>logfile

When you say svn you of course will have to use git.

-[Unknown]
09-09-2014, 02:38 AM
RE: [split] Mac OS X auto build script
Sorry been busy with IRL.
I tried the " 2>&1 1>" for outupt, but script still takes cmake/gcc errors and outputs to terminal instead of logging to a file.

Ex:
/* Terminal Output */
[ 57%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/native.dir/native/ext/jpge/jpge.cpp.o
Linking CXX static library lib/libnative.a
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: lib/libnative.a(fastlist_test.cpp.o) has no symbols
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: lib/libnative.a(gl3stub.c.o) has no symbols
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: lib/libnative.a(fastlist_test.cpp.o) has no symbols
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: lib/libnative.a(gl3stub.c.o) has no symbols
[ 57%] Built target native

/* Log Output */
[ 57%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/native.dir/native/ext/jpge/jpge.cpp.o
Linking CXX static library lib/libnative.a
[ 57%] Built target native

These errors are basically irrelevant as far as I can tell (probably just from porting), but I'm sure not everyone has a Mac to test this out. It builds fine and runs okay. So as far as I can tell bash is taking stderr from the script but not from gcc and bypassing the actual error output.

Honestly, Git's great for programming and multiple people, but for logs or router configs WebSVN is pretty simple and still can trace back to see diffs.