Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quad vs Dual Core ppsspp Android
08-17-2014, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2014 02:08 PM by HunainAhmed.)
Question Quad vs Dual Core ppsspp Android
i want to ask the experts which is better for android a Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9 Mali-400 with Exynos 4210 (galaxy s2) or a 1.2 quad core snapdragon 400
with adreno 305 (moto G) which will run games better and what will the average fps be
[/font]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: Quad vs Dual Core ppsspp Android
Well, the core quantity won't affect directly the emulation, because the PPSSPP uses only two cores when the multithread is enabled. What will really happen will be that the system will process better the activities on background at same time of emulation on a quad core processor than on a dual core processor. I don't know how is the performance on Moto G, I heard some things about issues on new snapdragon processors, so I can't say anything. But I get a good performance on my Galaxy SII, I can run many games in a decent speed, I just need to use the correct setting for each games.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
08-17-2014, 11:48 PM
Thanks you for the replay actually I need to buy a phone and I want to make sure that both of them could run ppsspp on decent speed or not and I found some videos on YouTube for moto g it was running pretty good
08-19-2014, 11:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2014 11:54 PM by Furby.)
(08-17-2014 11:18 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  What will really happen will be that the system will process better the activities on background at same time of emulation on a quad core processor than on a dual core processor.

On a PC yes, but on a phone it depends. Some of them are multi-core not in the sense where they have multiple cores available for use, but that certain cores are set to only be used for specific things. For instance, Samsung's more recent Exynos CPU states it has 8 cores, but in reality it's better to view it as 2 sets of 4 cores- 1 that operates at a low power states, and one that operates at a high power state, and that it flips between them depending on what the CPU is doing.

I believe the Snapdragon SoC's are what we'd consider standard multi-core, however, and since I'm relatively certain the Moto G uses a Snapdragon, I suppose it's not too important.
08-22-2014, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2014 01:50 PM by mktns.)
Exyons better for emulation even if it is a dual core