Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GUI setting “Hide Status Bar” and “Hide OS Navigation”
08-16-2014, 07:44 PM
Lightbulb GUI setting “Hide Status Bar” and “Hide OS Navigation”
Hi I’m new to the forums so forgive my mistakes if any.

I simply love this PSP emulator app on my android, I wonted to make a request on a feature, I believe that the new Kitkat android OS hides the black bar at the bottom of the screen (Back, Home, Recent app bar)

Unfortunately any os before Kitkat does not have this option, the other day I was trying out a bunch of emulator and come across Snes9x EX+ this emulator has an option in the GUI setting “Hide Status Bar” and “Hide OS Navigation” and other options to dim etc, these return if user press volume key etc, please look into this emulator, I hope to see this option implemented in a future release of PPSSPP

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2014, 08:04 PM
RE: GUI setting “Hide Status Bar” and “Hide OS Navigation”
yep, enable "immersive mode" in the settings, it's the name Google gave that API
08-16-2014, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2014 08:13 PM by TheDax.)
I think he's wanting a similar function for OSes that came out before KitKat, not asking if we support KitKat's version (hence why he's suggesting we look at this "SNES9x EX+" app). I could be wrong, but I don't think it's really possible, since stock Android ROMs didn't add it until KitKat. I know some custom ones did before that, but it'd probably be one heck of a hack-job trying to keep lists of old ROMs that support it..

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
08-18-2014, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2014 11:41 PM by Manaboy.)
@ TheDex spot-on, That's right I was hoping for a similar function for OSes that came out before KitKat like "SNES9x EX+" app has, it won't be a bad idea and may prove to be quicker to simply look at the code that SNES9x EX+ use and perhaps borrow it

@ Bigpet "immersive mode" is only available on kitkat and above, unfortunately my tablet is not rooted so can not simply update to kitkat os