Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP with Wii-remote + Classic controller pro possible?
08-07-2014, 09:21 AM
PPSSPP with Wii-remote + Classic controller pro possible?
Just as the title suggests, does this emulator support CCP connected to the wii remote? It's just pain in the butt trying to play with keyboard and I'm currently saving up money, so buying a PS3 controller is out of question. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: PPSSPP with Wii-remote + Classic controller pro possible?
Not natively, but you can use Glovepie to map the classic controller pro to keyboard keys. And from there you can just map PPSSPP's controls to said keyboard keys.

Alternatively, you can use PPJoy.

Main PC: Pentium g2020 (Ivy Bridge dual core, 2.9 ghz), Intel HD Graphics, 4 GB DDR3 Ram (3.5Gb usable), W7 64bit
Secondary PC: C2D e8400 (dual core 3.0 ghz), nVidia GT 240 GDDR5, 4 GB DDR2 Ram, W7 64bit
Laptop: AMD Turion X2 (dual core 1.80 ghz), ATI Xpress 1150 IGP, 2GB DDR2 SDRAM (1.7GB usable), W7 32bit
08-07-2014, 01:31 PM
(08-07-2014 10:54 AM)tintinmayo Wrote:  Not natively, but you can use Glovepie to map the classic controller pro to keyboard keys. And from there you can just map PPSSPP's controls to said keyboard keys.

Alternatively, you can use PPJoy.

Can you tell me how to map the buttons using glovepie? Guides aren't helping me at all and I'm just getting more and more frustrated.
08-07-2014, 11:11 PM
You can use any of the Glovepie scripts floating around the internet (this thread has a couple, and Glovepie itself comes with several sample scripts) just to get the wii mote and the CCP's buttons and directional controls to register as keyboard presses on the PC. Doesn't matter what keys they get mapped to, because once you've done that you can just go to PPSSPP and start mapping controls like you would on a keyboard.

Main PC: Pentium g2020 (Ivy Bridge dual core, 2.9 ghz), Intel HD Graphics, 4 GB DDR3 Ram (3.5Gb usable), W7 64bit
Secondary PC: C2D e8400 (dual core 3.0 ghz), nVidia GT 240 GDDR5, 4 GB DDR2 Ram, W7 64bit
Laptop: AMD Turion X2 (dual core 1.80 ghz), ATI Xpress 1150 IGP, 2GB DDR2 SDRAM (1.7GB usable), W7 32bit
08-08-2014, 02:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2014 02:52 AM by TheDax.)
WiinUPro + vJoy is a decent alternative to Glovepie, if you're able to use the Toshiba Bluetooth stack (though some people seem to have difficulties with it regardless (I never had any trouble with it).. Confused). I don't use a Wii remote with it, but I do use my Wii U's Pro Controller with it.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
08-08-2014, 02:59 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2014 03:11 AM by RogueDoggie.)
It's totally possible. I play ppsspp with a classic controller (not pro, but close enough lol) connected to a wii remote. I use either WiiJi or DarwiinRemote to connect and to map keys. (WiiJi and Darwiin both work for ppsspp....the only reason I have both downloaded is because Wiiji crashes the latest Desmume for some reason so I need Darwiin for that one.)

Edit: Just searched and the windows equivalent of DarwiinRemote is something called WiinRemote. You might wanna check that one out. I forgot that I'm probably one of the few mac users here.