• 13 Votes - 4.23 Average
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
07-14-2014, 06:33 AM
RE: Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy - Replay conversion results in audio-only
Try the latest git build.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2014, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2014 09:02 AM by Anvanaar.)
RE: Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy - Replay conversion results in audio-only
Okay, the issue got resolved.
Not as in the conversion working - that still doesn't work... but I realized my PC can easily handle recording the game with high render resolution in FullHD and 60 FPS with FRAPS, and that gives me FAR better quality than with the game's feature anyway.
... xP

So if anyone wants to keep going trying to solve this for others, please do. If not then this can be closed.
I, personally, don't need it anymore.

Thanks for your help, people.

Greets,
Anvanaar
07-14-2014, 10:03 AM
RE: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
07-14-2014, 01:26 PM
Well, it saves avis for me just fine. If it doesn't work for you, you probably have your settings set in a way that is causing it not to work.

Note that high quality is greyed out, though.

-[Unknown]
07-15-2014, 08:28 PM
Anvanaar, this is a well-known issue covered earlier in the thread. Unless you are using the very latest revisions -- 0.9.8-r1593 or later -- you must use Framebuffers to Memory. Buffered Rendering will not work until r1593 or later.

If you are recording movies as anything more than a curiosity, you need to go back farther, to 0.9.8-r1180 or before. There is an unresolved issue causing some attacks to be more transparent than they should be in Buffered Rendering.

Also, I hear rumors that PPSSPP's PRO Online works for Dissidia 012 now.

I only use PPSSPP on Windows.
Intel Core i3 1.9GHz | 4GB RAM | Integrated Intel HD 4400 | Windows 8.1 x64
07-16-2014, 04:41 AM
Unresolved as in, even in the latest version? Which attacks? Can you capture it with the GE debugger? I guess it could be blending (Settings tab.)

-[Unknown]
07-16-2014, 02:14 PM
It is unresolved in r1610. I haven't tested r1618 yet.

I noticed it with the Emperor's Flares and Thunder Crest and Chaos's small fireballs on the eternally problematic Edge of Madness stage, where it is most obvious, but it applies to all "fireball"-type attacks and EX cores on all stages. A direct before-and-after picture will only help so much because those same attacks were previously overbright in buffered rendering on Edge of Madness and only correct in Framebuffers to Memory mode. I heard that may have been related to my graphics card but if I had a rig with a fancy graphics card I wouldn't use this four-year-old laptop.

I don't know what you mean by "blending". I can't find an option that sounds remotely similar in r1610 64-bit; was it added between r1610 and r1618?

I'll have to look up how to acquire and use the GE debugger when I'm not on the way to work.

07-17-2014, 01:37 AM
Blending is a feature of the PSP's GPU. It actually supports a lot more complicated blending modes than OpenGL for example supports even on modern powerful desktops. We have to emulate its blending modes and it might be that we're doing it wrong. Or it could be a block transfer we're missing.

So, it's not an option, but within the GE debugger (on the Settings tab), you can see blending.

The GE debugger is a feature of Windows builds, under the Debug menu. Here's a brief tutorial:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/wiki/...E-debugger

Also, a screenshot comparison of a correct EX core and the EX core you see would be helpful. I guess I have not looked closely at those. Do you know if this problem also applies to Dissidia (the original one)?

-[Unknown]
07-17-2014, 02:13 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2014 02:14 AM by tintinmayo.)
(07-17-2014 01:37 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Blending is a feature of the PSP's GPU. It actually supports a lot more complicated blending modes than OpenGL for example supports even on modern powerful desktops. We have to emulate its blending modes and it might be that we're doing it wrong. Or it could be a block transfer we're missing.

So, it's not an option, but within the GE debugger (on the Settings tab), you can see blending.

The GE debugger is a feature of Windows builds, under the Debug menu. Here's a brief tutorial:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/wiki/...E-debugger

Also, a screenshot comparison of a correct EX core and the EX core you see would be helpful. I guess I have not looked closely at those. Do you know if this problem also applies to Dissidia (the original one)?

-[Unknown]

Sorry to hijack the thread a little bit, but the problem with the EX cores in Dissidia might be the same problem that crept up in Tenkaichi Tag Team, where the beam attacks became more transparent a few builds back. This post has a screenshot of the problem.

For comparison, screenshots from a real PSP show that the attacks are more opaque.

Main PC: Pentium g2020 (Ivy Bridge dual core, 2.9 ghz), Intel HD Graphics, 4 GB DDR3 Ram (3.5Gb usable), W7 64bit
Secondary PC: C2D e8400 (dual core 3.0 ghz), nVidia GT 240 GDDR5, 4 GB DDR2 Ram, W7 64bit
Laptop: AMD Turion X2 (dual core 1.80 ghz), ATI Xpress 1150 IGP, 2GB DDR2 SDRAM (1.7GB usable), W7 32bit
07-18-2014, 02:29 AM
Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy
In beginning of the game you choose the bonus day, however the time is frozen. I choose Saturday but it froze at Wednesday even if I changed the bonus day to Wednesday, 7 days must pass for bonus day to work.

Any help?
07-18-2014, 11:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2014 11:47 PM by Sarisa81.)
I used the GE debugger to take down the recommended information for the new over-transparency on Flare, Thunder Crest, and EX cores. (Other attacks are over-transparent too but I hope that will be a large enough sample.) These were all using r1646.

I added pictures of those attacks on that stage from Youtube videos transcoded from videos made with the replay to AVI function.

If you need more information, I can gather it.

Attached File(s)
.7z  flare.7z (Size: 685.69 KB / Downloads: 316)
.7z  crest.7z (Size: 618.9 KB / Downloads: 293)
.7z  core.7z (Size: 527.43 KB / Downloads: 283)

07-21-2014, 01:02 PM
(07-18-2014 02:29 AM)Qazs99 Wrote:  In beginning of the game you choose the bonus day, however the time is frozen. I choose Saturday but it froze at Wednesday even if I changed the bonus day to Wednesday, 7 days must pass for bonus day to work.

Any help?

Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
07-30-2014, 07:33 PM
Hey guys. I tried online with a friend using the same method as other multiplayer games, Evolve, Hamachi etc. However this doesn't seem to want to co-operate. In the Adhoc server cmd I can clearly see we are joing the online lobby fine and the group lobby but none of us will show up to each other.
Just an observation

Systems and Devices:

Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Nintendo Switch(Exploitable)

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
MSI GTX 1080 8GB
16GB DDR4-3200MHz
07-31-2014, 05:01 PM
(07-30-2014 07:33 PM)Armyboy0894 Wrote:  Hey guys. I tried online with a friend using the same method as other multiplayer games, Evolve, Hamachi etc. However this doesn't seem to want to co-operate. In the Adhoc server cmd I can clearly see we are joing the online lobby fine and the group lobby but none of us will show up to each other.
Just an observation
The multiplayer works. I've used it myself. But you have to use AdamN's special build in the multiplayer section. There are some changes he had to make the other week for Duodecim to work that haven't been merged into the main branch yet.

08-01-2014, 12:28 PM
I have an issue with the new version of PPSSPP that the earlier version did not : the world map in story mode.

Each time I need to go on the world map, the app crashes on the loading screen wether it's on my PC or iOS (on iOS tough, it sometimes just have the loading screen going on forever, not freezed 'cause it's still animated)

Does anyone know how to fix it ?