Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.23 Average
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
06-21-2014, 10:12 PM
RE: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
(06-21-2014 06:02 PM)barbanium Wrote:  
(06-21-2014 03:56 PM)deathrayne Wrote:  New Builds? I Dont Know How To Do Any Of That, I Just Wanted To Play Games. I Guess I Might Learn A Thing Or Two From This, But I Want To Know How To Fix This. Im Using A Droid Razr.

They are found here:Big Grin

I used the latest builds and I'm still getting partially invisible characters.

Systems and Devices:

Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Nintendo Switch(Exploitable)

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
MSI GTX 1080 8GB
16GB DDR4-3200MHz
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2014, 10:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2014 01:19 PM by deathrayne.)
I Used The Newest Build And Everything Is Invisible. Also, When It Said To Press O To Attack The Orb, There Wasnt A Visible orb. By Everything, I Mean The Characters.
06-23-2014, 01:00 AM
From Default Settings For Latest Build, What Setting Do I Have To Change To Make Characters Visible?
06-25-2014, 06:24 PM
Im Serious, This Game Is NOT WORKING. At All. Using Build 1408 And It Wont Show characters And It Is Kinda Infuriating That I Spent 5 Hours Using Up 12% Of My Data For This Game And It Doesnt Even Work.
06-25-2014, 07:14 PM
Unfortunately, PowerVR has some bugs in its drivers (afaik) that we still haven't figured out how to workaround. Droid Razrs use PowerVR GPUs. It's very possible this is why you can't see the characters. It may help or hurt to enable the alpha test hack.

It does work on for example my Adreno 225 GPU.

-[Unknown]
07-10-2014, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 07:04 PM by deathrayne.)
I Will Try The Alpha Test Hack And Report Once I Get results. I Just Disabled It And Nothing Changed.
07-10-2014, 09:23 PM
Im using the latest build, with no modifications and it works correctly in my windows 7 laptop. i downloaded a save file because all my saves from my psp are gone. When i choose the stage Empyreal Paradox, the ppsspp freezes and the i have a black screen in my laptop. after that i get a message that says my GPU had an error and now it returned back to normal. So for the moment im not choosing that stage (which i think its the best)
07-10-2014, 09:39 PM
Try updating your graphics driver. Sounds like it crashed.

-[Unknown]
07-13-2014, 02:32 AM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2014 02:33 AM by Anvanaar.)
Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy - Replay conversion results in audio-only
Hello.
I hope this is the correct sub-forum?
If not, then I apologize.

I have a little problem with Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy, more precisely with its feature to save and edit replays to then turn them into .avi files.

The saving and editing works fine and an .avi file is indeed produced, but it's only audio, the screen stays black.

About PPSSPP, the game and the problem:
- PPSSPP is updated the newest version (0.9.8)
- Buffered Rendering is turned off, other than that and the key bindings the settings are standard
- The game runs like a charm in every other aspect, meaning I noticed no bugs, no glitches, no lag / low performance or anything like that.
- The problem occurs on older versions as well with no difference whatsoever (I tested 0.8.1 since I coincidentally still have it on this HDD)

My system specifications:
- CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T (6x 3.3 GHz)
- GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
- RAM: 8192 MB
- (Drivers are up-to-date)
- (PPSSPP is located in the Programs folder, but UAC is turned off and, as mentioned, the problem occurs with the 0.8.1 build, which is located in C:\Users\Public, as well)

That's about all the information I can think of right now.
I hope someone will be able to explain to me why it doesn't work and how to solve this problem (if there is a solution, that is).

Thanks in advance.

Greets,
Anvanaar
07-13-2014, 03:41 AM
RE: Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy - Replay conversion results in audio-only
Try using the latest git build, and make sure you're using "buffered rendering". If you turn it off, you're disabling the game's ability to use buffers. Most graphical effects will not work properly. It's almost for sure that any video capture feature will not work either.

Also, in the latest git build, make sure "simulate block transfer" is enabled.

-[Uknown]
07-13-2014, 05:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2014 05:48 AM by TheDax.)
There's pretty much no reason to run games with Non-buffered rendering on a PC anyway (except to force antialiasing/higher resolution at the cost of many graphical glitches in some games), but..iirc, the game needs Read Framebuffers to Memory to record properly*.

*Not speaking from experience. I seem to remember reading that in one of the Dissidia topics.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
07-13-2014, 06:27 AM
If it did, it may likely work with "simulate block transfers" now. If it doesn't, probably be better to detect that somehow so it won't be a problem when we kill "read framebuffers to memory".

-[Unknown]
07-13-2014, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2014 07:33 AM by Anvanaar.)
When I turn Buffered Rendering on I see double.
Meaning I get ghosting... which is really crap... any way to work around that?

Read Framebuffers To Memory leads to heavy stuttering.

Did a conversion with Buffered Rendering on.
Result: A single frame of the very beginning of the battle that keeps shaking left and right throughout the entirety of the .avi file, audio still works.
I am not sure what to make of this at all.

Greets,
Anvanaar
07-13-2014, 02:16 PM
Use a lower render resolution. The problem is that the game is trying to create a bloom effect by blurring the screen to a lower resolution. When you make the game use a higher render resolution, it doesn't end up blurring, it just creates ghosting. This is an unfortunate effect of using > 1x.

Note that no matter what you do, there's no way the video will be > 1x. So it will probably look best at 1x render resolution anyway (perhaps 2x would cause anti aliasing, but it would also cause this ghosting issue.)

Anyway, I think it's fixable. Does Dissidia 1 also have such a feature?

-[Unknown]
07-14-2014, 05:13 AM
(07-13-2014 02:16 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Use a lower render resolution. The problem is that the game is trying to create a bloom effect by blurring the screen to a lower resolution. When you make the game use a higher render resolution, it doesn't end up blurring, it just creates ghosting. This is an unfortunate effect of using > 1x.

Note that no matter what you do, there's no way the video will be > 1x. So it will probably look best at 1x render resolution anyway (perhaps 2x would cause anti aliasing, but it would also cause this ghosting issue.)

Anyway, I think it's fixable. Does Dissidia 1 also have such a feature?

-[Unknown]

- Okay, but that still doesn't get rid of the fact that the video file is always corrupt, ghosting or not.
Recording it in x1 resolution also doesn't change that.

I don't know if the original Dissidia also has such a feature.

Greets,
Anvanaar