Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.23 Average
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
05-15-2014, 03:01 AM
RE: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
(05-14-2014 02:07 PM)Gazmanafc Wrote:  It crashed regardless of whether it was first time being triggered or not in story mode, my old save file also crashed. It also crashed in the scene against Exdeath in the 013 epilogue.

I could turn off cutscenes and see if that'll work, but now that I've recorded using an old save on my PSP console which are now rendering.

It'll be beneficial for the 020 storyline but I can't see myself going though THAT pain again. Tongue

There's a 020 plot? I have 012, 013, and 000. I'm halfway through 000 now, trying to unlock FC and such. Umm, can you unlock normal Chaas as well?

Just beat FC Chaos the first time, where he's green. You're health, 10350, his health, 59999. Ahh hail no!
But this I don't get. he has much more to him than Giglamesh does, so why does Giglamesh crash the game, and FC doesn't.

I should work with Kain vs Exdeath, which I love the quote there:
"So you offer your life in the place of theirs," Exdeath.
"Of course not, I offer yours," Kain.
There is some serious badassery going on there.

That spot with Kain was my only prob with the 012 story.
013 however, not so much. Cecil, so mush better as Terra from KHBBS, WoL 2, better as Link from LoZSS, and Onion Knight. Though with the 000 plot, after you've beat FC, the terrain texture like to spaz out at times, and when you try to talk to a Moogle just past the gateway, it crashes there too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2014, 10:00 AM
(05-15-2014 03:01 AM)1Timestones Wrote:  There's a 020 plot? I have 012, 013, and 000. I'm halfway through 000 now, trying to unlock FC and such. Umm, can you unlock normal Chaas as well?
020 is just what I call 000 Confessions of the Creator, since in terms of the story, it's actually the 20th Cycle. It makes more sense to me that way.

(05-15-2014 03:01 AM)1Timestones Wrote:  That spot with Kain was my only prob with the 012 story.
That battle did crash my game half-way through, but playing a second time around, there were no problems.

The only time I've actually been into Confessions of the Creator since is from my old save file where I'm at the final gateway, and even have Feral Chaos already beaten.

I can't really tell why playing as Gilgamesh crashes the game, since I main with Squall. Tongue

Gary M. Gadsdon
Visit my Youtube Lets Play channel at http://youtube.com/awwlilmaggie
or my own website at http://babysimpson.co.uk
Simple Machines Lead Customiser - http://simplemachines.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-16-2014, 12:19 AM
Ahhh... that does make more since, but it is Japan, they do that. But I tend to like their games better, they're harder. But now I am stuck at the last gateway.

Alright! Good that's passed!

Don't have him beat, am stuck. I'm at Floor 7 right now, and I think it might have glitched on me. Cuz I am sure the enemy shouldn't be able to get 999999 points, and kill you across a map. Like Lunar (something) and Dream's End. Especially CoD. She has some long range attacks, but they stop after a bit.

My main with Cloud, Squall, Lightning, and Sephiroth. They are who I have Lvl up all the way. Though Sephiroth in the last gateway isn't very useful. You can't go from a Brave-to-HP attack, nor can you link attacks together well with him.
Cloud has two branch attacks, which I abuse. They're useful. Lightning has one, but it's useful, and she has a variety to attacks, so ya can link attacks, and use assists with them. Squall, is easy to link attacks, especially ground attacks. And having Jecht as his assist really can make him quite deadly.
I'm working on WoL, and Cecil now, but I like to play as Terra KHBBS mod with him. And I tend to stay with his dark attacks ironically. I can't hit anything with his light attacks. But his dark attacks I think I am good.

Though who I am the best with currently is Cloud, but Squall is very close 2nd. I got some vids on YouTube, Timestones11 is my name there. Most of the vids likely have a modded character, or modded music in it, but that doesn't change how the game plays. I've been testing primarily Dissidia w/ and w/o mods, and nothing changes. Crashes in the same spots, runs identical.
05-16-2014, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2014 11:34 AM by Gazmanafc.)
I have all the original ten warriors of Cosmos as well as Sephiroth already Level 100 since I imported save data from the original Dissidia. I can transfer saves from the PSP console to PPSSPP perfectly fine, but can't do it from the emulator to the console. I assume the console needs Custom Firmware?

I turned off cutscenes and managed to beat the Warrior of Light's story, as well as the entirety of the 013 Epilogue. So I can start Confessions of the Creator.

I tend to use Squall, Cloud and Zidane the most. With Squall, I Thunder Barret into Solid Barrel into a chase for quick Ex-Force gathering and some extra damage. Cloud can Crushing Blow into Omnislash Version 5, and Zidane has a lot of attacks that chain into Meo Twister. I'm even considering on using Yuna because of the programming Energy Ray has, the computer AI generally doesn't try to avoid it, useful for Feral Chaos, though even on larger fields such as Dream's End and the Lunar Subterrane it's quite useful, and I believe it's quite useful for sending The Emperor's annoying Flare balls back at him.

Gary M. Gadsdon
Visit my Youtube Lets Play channel at http://youtube.com/awwlilmaggie
or my own website at http://babysimpson.co.uk
Simple Machines Lead Customiser - http://simplemachines.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-16-2014, 03:59 PM
(05-16-2014 11:20 AM)Gazmanafc Wrote:  I have all the original ten warriors of Cosmos as well as Sephiroth already Level 100 since I imported save data from the original Dissidia. I can transfer saves from the PSP console to PPSSPP perfectly fine, but can't do it from the emulator to the console. I assume the console needs Custom Firmware?

I turned off cutscenes and managed to beat the Warrior of Light's story, as well as the entirety of the 013 Epilogue. So I can start Confessions of the Creator.

I tend to use Squall, Cloud and Zidane the most. With Squall, I Thunder Barret into Solid Barrel into a chase for quick Ex-Force gathering and some extra damage. Cloud can Crushing Blow into Omnislash Version 5, and Zidane has a lot of attacks that chain into Meo Twister. I'm even considering on using Yuna because of the programming Energy Ray has, the computer AI generally doesn't try to avoid it, useful for Feral Chaos, though even on larger fields such as Dream's End and the Lunar Subterrane it's quite useful, and I believe it's quite useful for sending The Emperor's annoying Flare balls back at him.

Yup, CFW required.
Mine are around 58ish currently. I think Terra is my lowest at 13. Cuz her HP attack at low level are terrible, especially with how I like to play. The Twister attack she has I can't ever get to hit my foe, like when I was fighting Kekfa in SM. He had 1 point for like 15 minutes, while flagged him down, and tried using it. When I would try Flood, he would simply bash me in the face with a hunk of ice.

Exactly here! I got Solid Barrel, Fusilage, and Thunder Barret on the ground. Air, Blues (something), Mystic Fury, and Heel Crush.
Hp wise, The dive attack fro ground and air, airial circle on ground and air, and that wave attack on the ground. Revolver Drive I can never seem to get to my opponent. They always dodge at the last second, so I don't use it.

I like to dlibrately get close to that Flare attack, wait for him to get close, then use an HP attack that hit's it and him. That he has taken a 2000+ damage from me, and his own points. It's funny when he has 9999, charges, and tries it in your face, a simple Crosslsash ought to do the trick. He's dead. Though when the game decides I'm too good, death for no reason. What? I have just killed over a few times. Normally fighting the Emporer. He does no attack. He stands still for about ten secs, then I die, with health higher than 10000.

Favourite assist = Jecht he pounds, and gives you a chance to run up to your foe, and then you both pound!
05-16-2014, 10:54 PM
(05-16-2014 11:20 AM)Gazmanafc Wrote:  I'm even considering on using Yuna because of the programming Energy Ray has, the computer AI generally doesn't try to avoid it, useful for Feral Chaos, though even on larger fields such as Dream's End and the Lunar Subterrane it's quite useful, and I believe it's quite useful for sending The Emperor's annoying Flare balls back at him.
A clarification: Energy Ray does not reflect Emperor's Flare. Mega Flare and the claw swipe of Hellfire at very close range do reflect it.

(05-16-2014 03:59 PM)1Timestones Wrote:  Mine are around 58ish currently. I think Terra is my lowest at 13. Cuz her HP attack at low level are terrible, especially with how I like to play. The Twister attack she has I can't ever get to hit my foe, like when I was fighting Kekfa in SM. He had 1 point for like 15 minutes, while flagged him down, and tried using it. When I would try Flood, he would simply bash me in the face with a hunk of ice.

I like to dlibrately get close to that Flare attack, wait for him to get close, then use an HP attack that hit's it and him. That he has taken a 2000+ damage from me, and his own points. It's funny when he has 9999, charges, and tries it in your face, a simple Crosslsash ought to do the trick. He's dead. Though when the game decides I'm too good, death for no reason. What? I have just killed over a few times. Normally fighting the Emporer. He does no attack. He stands still for about ten secs, then I die, with health higher than 10000.

Favourite assist = Jecht he pounds, and gives you a chance to run up to your foe, and then you both pound!
I remember the pain of leveling up low-level Warriors of Cosmos. Often it's easier to land a chase HP than an actual HP attack. I forget how I got through Kefka in Terra's story, though Flood works at longer range (if he can interrupt you with the ice you're closer to Tornado range).

Timestones, I hate to be that person, but was the Emperor standing stock still or was he floating with his staff twirling above his head? If the latter, he's charging Starfall, which will always hit and wall-rush, even if you assist change, unless you are under cover or inside a banish trap when it lands. The only good defense is charging him and hitting him out of it. 9999 Starfall->EX burst could kill from 13000. But you generally know what got you, since "Starfall" pops up on the screen again (it's handled as two separate attacks) and a meteorite falls on your head with a big flash.

The timing of reflecting Flare at very close range can be a little finicky. I've eaten my own Flare a few times when I messed up the timing, and if there is one attack an Emperor player learns to reflect it's Flare.

Jecht is a really good assist if you want your opponent on the ground (e.g.the Emperor). I'd say Kuja works a little better with most characters since he doesn't need a large flat area.

Also the last gateway in the storyline only has 5 floors and you sound like you're past Chasm in the Rotting Land, so I'm not sure where you are.

Make sure you have equipment! Your equipment is as important as your level, so if you're going in totally unequipped you will get wrecked.

There was a bug in JPCSP that some characters would take almost forever to recover from Break then recover to 9999. I can't say I've seen that bug in any recent version of PPSSPP.

0/4 similarity to my core party at that point (Firion, Emperor, Terra, Yuna), interesting. Although now my core party is Firion/Emperor/Warrior of Light/Golbez/Terra.

I only use PPSSPP on Windows.
Intel Core i3 1.9GHz | 4GB RAM | Integrated Intel HD 4400 | Windows 8.1 x64
05-17-2014, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2014 02:33 AM by 1Timestones.)
(05-16-2014 10:54 PM)Sarisa81 Wrote:  A clarification: Energy Ray does not reflect Emperor's Flare. Mega Flare and the claw swipe of Hellfire at very close range do reflect it.
Yeah, I tried that with Energy Wave, it does make it to where it doesn't harm you, but it still follows you?

(05-16-2014 10:54 PM)Sarisa81 Wrote:  I remember the pain of leveling up low-level Warriors of Cosmos. Often it's easier to land a chase HP than an actual HP attack. I forget how I got through Kefka in Terra's story, though Flood works at longer range (if he can interrupt you with the ice you're closer to Tornado range).

Timestones, I hate to be that person, but was the Emperor standing stock still or was he floating with his staff twirling above his head? If the latter, he's charging Starfall, which will always hit and wall-rush, even if you assist change, unless you are under cover or inside a banish trap when it lands. The only good defense is charging him and hitting him out of it. 9999 Starfall->EX burst could kill from 13000. But you generally know what got you, since "Starfall" pops up on the screen again (it's handled as two separate attacks) and a meteorite falls on your head with a big flash.

The timing of reflecting Flare at very close range can be a little finicky. I've eaten my own Flare a few times when I messed up the timing, and if there is one attack an Emperor player learns to reflect it's Flare.

Jecht is a really good assist if you want your opponent on the ground (e.g.the Emperor). I'd say Kuja works a little better with most characters since he doesn't need a large flat area.

Also the last gateway in the storyline only has 5 floors and you sound like you're past Chasm in the Rotting Land, so I'm not sure where you are.

Make sure you have equipment! Your equipment is as important as your level, so if you're going in totally unequipped you will get wrecked.

There was a bug in JPCSP that some characters would take almost forever to recover from Break then recover to 9999. I can't say I've seen that bug in any recent version of PPSSPP.

0/4 similarity to my core party at that point (Firion, Emperor, Terra, Yuna), interesting. Although now my core party is Firion/Emperor/Warrior of Light/Golbez/Terra.

Yup, this is true at times. But some out-right HP attacks are just more fun.

Yes, he would dodge, or I would be a hair too close-. Fight someone who is loaded with long/short range attacks on a small map, while you have super close-and-super far attacks to use. Bleh...

He was standing stock. I've used him some, I would just die for no reason, I've had it happen a few times with Squall and Tifa. Two close range attackers, and their long-range isn't very long range. Squall's only attack that you really have to try and dodge is Revolver Divide. Simply jump, and use an HP attack to stop him. When Sephiroth, I just stab him from above, I be sure to try and hit right behind him though. That way, he's hit, you're fine, and he is flying away. If you hit on top, you both cancel out. Hit right to his side or infront, you're being fried across the map.

Yeah, I use them both actually, but I personally like Jecht a tad more.
It would be Jecht, Kuja, Cecil (air only), the Emporer, Cloud (ground only), Zidane, and WoL, for my assists.

I figured that out, and I have beaten FC now. He is an ass. I didn't have all that great of equipment. I think my weapon was some Katana thing. Don't remember the others. Though EXP to HP was a MUST to have equiped. And even then, it was by the skin of my teeth. By the time I got to him, all my characters, 4, all had low health. That Moogle thing says it's refills your health, it didn't? WTF?! So, I would have to hit him with 150+HP attacks while he was at most two, at first. After ten or so 3000+ HP attacks, I was around 3/4 health. But then he would use his dang EX mode. Could never beat that bit. So, I did a whole lot of retries. Though I start with Squall, cuz it auto take 15% of his health starting as him. I finished with Cloud though. Do you have EXP to HP, but it doesn't want to work, if you vote yes! You are fighting FC as Cloud. Say hello looping, which hardly works.
I do have a question? Can you unlock normal Choas and the arena you fight them both in outside of the Labyrinth? Or do you have to beat the Labyrinth?

And since PPSSPP 0.9.8613, though 0.9.8619 was the next with build. It's not showing the video very well. It shows the HUD, when in-game, and maybe the models. But surroundings, and such, would be black? You hardly saw your character either. I've tested this with D012 LBP, KHBBSFM, and FF7CC. Same thing. Menus work fine, but when you actually go to play, you have your HUD, and a black screen.
I'm using 0.9.8611 for Android at this point, cuz anything higher doesn't display video. Though when in Non-buffered. It shows video, but it almost immediately crashes.
Got anything help with that?
I'm also on the Ouya, 4.11 JellyBean.
05-17-2014, 02:58 PM
(05-17-2014 02:08 AM)1Timestones Wrote:  Yeah, I tried that with Energy Wave, it does make it to where [Emperor's Flare] doesn't harm you, but it still follows you?

That sounds like a bug. Energy Ray and Emperor's Flare should ignore each other. I saw someone playing on PSP frequently use Energy Ray, hit Emperor, and be hit by Flare during the cooldown (it's not a winning trade in a boss battle).

Quote:Yeah, I use them both actually, but I personally like Jecht a tad more.
It would be Jecht, Kuja, Cecil (air only), the Emporer, Cloud (ground only), Zidane, and WoL, for my assists.

I've had Jecht drop my opponent into a banish trap so many times that if I know a stage like Planet's Core or Crystal World is coming up I switch him out for Kuja or Tidus. I should try Cecil more in those situations, since he doesn't move as far.

I've never really tried to clash with Revolver Drive; seems like you want a vertical melee HP attack and my mains are short on those. Tornado has very little range below Terra.

Quote:I figured that out, and I have beaten FC now. He is an ass. I didn't have all that great of equipment. I think my weapon was some Katana thing. Don't remember the others. Though EXP to HP was a MUST to have equiped. And even then, it was by the skin of my teeth. By the time I got to him, all my characters, 4, all had low health. That Moogle thing says it's refills your health, it didn't? WTF?! So, I would have to hit him with 150+HP attacks while he was at most two, at first. After ten or so 3000+ HP attacks, I was around 3/4 health. But then he would use his dang EX mode. Could never beat that bit. So, I did a whole lot of retries. Though I start with Squall, cuz it auto take 15% of his health starting as him. I finished with Cloud though. Do you have EXP to HP, but it doesn't want to work, if you vote yes! You are fighting FC as Cloud. Say hello looping, which hardly works.

Were you using EX depletion and assist depletion? Those are very important against Feral Chaos unless you can beat him fast or tank an EX mode.

The Moogle should refill your health but not your EX. That must be a bug. Also you should be getting back 52-54% of each HP attack as HP with EXP to HP against final Feral Chaos, so you should be back to full after <20k damage.

Your team isn't designed for fighting Feral Chaos (short on mages who can spam HPs and HP linkers) but the four characters you mentioned are mediocre at worst. Cloud is solid, Squall's DPS versus FC's paper defense gets ridiculous if you can land those HPs, Sephiroth is decent, Lightning is not as good as people think she'll be but still mediocre.

Quote:I do have a question? Can you unlock normal Choas and the arena you fight them both in outside of the Labyrinth? Or do you have to beat the Labyrinth?

You unlock normal Chaos (as AI opponent only) and the Edge of Madness stage by clearing Main Scenario 013.

Quote:He was standing stock [still]. I've used him some, I would just die for no reason, I've had it happen a few times with Squall and Tifa. Two close range attackers, and their long-range isn't very long range. Squall's only attack that you really have to try and dodge is Revolver Divide. Simply jump, and use an HP attack to stop him. When Sephiroth, I just stab him from above, I be sure to try and hit right behind him though. That way, he's hit, you're fine, and he is flying away. If you hit on top, you both cancel out. Hit right to his side or infront, you're being fried across the map.

And since PPSSPP 0.9.8613, though 0.9.8619 was the next with build. It's not showing the video very well. It shows the HUD, when in-game, and maybe the models. But surroundings, and such, would be black? You hardly saw your character either. I've tested this with D012 LBP, KHBBSFM, and FF7CC. Same thing. Menus work fine, but when you actually go to play, you have your HUD, and a black screen.
I'm using 0.9.8611 for Android at this point, cuz anything higher doesn't display video. Though when in Non-buffered. It shows video, but it almost immediately crashes.
Got anything help with that?
I'm also on the Ouya, 4.11 JellyBean.

Something is very, very wrong here. I only use PPSSPP on Windows (see my sig) and I don't have any of those problems. 0.9.6-57 is the best version because later versions introduce dancing lights in Framebuffers to Memory mode, but I haven't had any problems with the 0.9.8-6xx series that weren't in the last few months' worth of versions.

I only use PPSSPP on Windows.
Intel Core i3 1.9GHz | 4GB RAM | Integrated Intel HD 4400 | Windows 8.1 x64
05-17-2014, 05:09 PM
(05-17-2014 02:58 PM)Sarisa81 Wrote:  That sounds like a bug. Energy Ray and Emperor's Flare should ignore each other. I saw someone playing on PSP frequently use Energy Ray, hit Emperor, and be hit by Flare during the cooldown (it's not a winning trade in a boss battle).
Well, it's a bug I'm unsure about. XD

Quote:I've had Jecht drop my opponent into a banish trap so many times that if I know a stage like Planet's Core or Crystal World is coming up I switch him out for Kuja or Tidus. I should try Cecil more in those situations, since he doesn't move as far.
He's excellent for rushing them after you've smacked them into a wall.

Quote:I've never really tried to clash with Revolver Drive; seems like you want a vertical melee HP attack and my mains are short on those. Tornado has very little range below Terra.
It's fun, and you need to know where you'll be hitting. You still have a 50-50 chance of being hit. 25-25 of hitting him, or canceling out.
Though with Revolver Divide, try and hit behind him with whatever.

Quote:Were you using EX depletion and assist depletion? Those are very important against Feral Chaos unless you can beat him fast or tank an EX mode.

It took me a better part of 30 min to beat him, where I actually managed to win.
I actually am not certain if I even have those? I'll look into it though.

Quote:The Moogle should refill your health but not your EX. That must be a bug. Also you should be getting back 52-54% of each HP attack as HP with EXP to HP against final Feral Chaos, so you should be back to full after <20k damage.
It's have to be. Yeah, it broke with the FC fight. I wouldn't've recorded them and uploaded to YouTube, but too long.

Quote:Your team isn't designed for fighting Feral Chaos (short on mages who can spam HPs and HP linkers) but the four characters you mentioned are mediocre at worst. Cloud is solid, Squall's DPS versus FC's paper defense gets ridiculous if you can land those HPs, Sephiroth is decent, Lightning is not as good as people think she'll be but still mediocre.
I had my best luck with Cloud, primarily cuz I play as him the most. I personally would've used WoL in the mix, but atm, he was 61. Eh, wast of time.

Quote:You unlock normal Chaos (as AI opponent only) and the Edge of Madness stage by clearing Main Scenario 013.
Well, not getting them then. OK, Cecil, WoL 2 crash in story mode.
Could you could run through the three for me?

Quote:Something is very, very wrong here. I only use PPSSPP on Windows (see my sig) and I don't have any of those problems. 0.9.6-57 is the best version because later versions introduce dancing lights in Framebuffers to Memory mode, but I haven't had any problems with the 0.9.8-6xx series that weren't in the last few months' worth of versions.
Don't know what though. I would try talking to the build people about it, but don't know where to go to talk to them.

Yeah, it does that in recording. Ya can check my YouTube, Timestones11.
05-18-2014, 07:34 AM
theres a bug in the latest build v0.9.8-695, squall's gunblade is missing

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-18-2014, 10:08 PM
This likely should be somewhere else, but I'm gonna put this here, cuz I am showing the problem with this game.
Read description to video, please!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlL8mfAHcdk
05-23-2014, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2014 08:30 PM by Armyboy0894.)
There are problems with the latest version obviously the 32bit version works better with this game. I will list my problems I have encountered and if there are fixes I can do then please tell me them.

If you start a new game when you finish your profile you get a white screen however this makes you think its unplayable but if you press start you'll see the moogle scene soon enough, this makes me believe there is a problem loading some cut scenes?
Another problem is the game flickers a lot in menus and sometimes in game even when frameskip is off.
My last issue is when you land the final blow the voice becomes robotized and you do not get the fanfare music or voice over.
That's my problems so far.

Systems and Devices:

Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Nintendo Switch(Exploitable)

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
MSI GTX 1080 8GB
16GB DDR4-3200MHz
05-24-2014, 12:46 AM
I don't have that issue.
My issue is with any version passed 0.9.8611 gives you a black screen when you try to play, but it still has your HUD, Omega Weapon, and HP Attack textures. But everything else isn't there. There is a link to an above comment that shows what I mean. That's the best I can get with it. And it looks like that only on SkyFortress, the rest don't have anything but HUD.
This is Buffered Rendering, Non-Buffered instantly crashes, or runs at 2 FPS, then crashes.
So for Android, I would stick with 0.9.8611. I think they PPSSPP's texture rendering was changed between 0.9.8611 and 0.9.8619
05-28-2014, 05:43 AM
the problem not fixed yet on the latest build Sad

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-28-2014, 07:14 AM
It actually looks as if it got worse. Before the just his gunblade. How his stomache is nonexistent?!