Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.23 Average
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
03-20-2014, 05:48 AM
RE: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
Okay so
I've never played Any FF games
Do i have to play previous games to understand this one?

My specs
Redmi Note 10.
Check My Profile For Tested Games(Bio Section)
Testing multiplayer - MGS PW - God Eater - Dbz

Contact me on Twitter @BradEDias for help with ppsspp
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2014, 08:45 AM
(03-20-2014 05:48 AM)xboxmandude Wrote:  Okay so

Nope, not at all. There are references and it's fun to see your favorite FF characters in the game, but it's not necessary.

I would suggest playing them, though. They are amazing.
03-24-2014, 03:21 PM
(03-13-2014 05:29 PM)Satin Wrote:  Hi, so I played through dissidia 012 on my note 3 with little to no problems except for some slight camera issues when the battle starts, however I have been trying to get a certain item from story mode (which I already completed once) but at certain points it crashes. I didn't have this issue with the version prior to the one now. Any one know how to help me? Much appreciated.

(03-16-2014 08:43 PM)emmaus Wrote:  i have the camera bug and i amusing power vr.other camera bugs in other games occur on my phone.

(03-17-2014 02:06 AM)Obi55 Wrote:  I have adreno, camera problem's been here a long time.

So I'm opening an issue on GitHub about this, I cannot post logs or screenshots/Videos as I don't have my phone with me right now, so if anyone can apport anything at all, it will be apreciated, even tranking down the build in which this started could be of great help.

I'll leave the link here once I open the issue.

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
03-26-2014, 03:07 PM
Dissidia 012 Custom Models / BGM?
I'm running ppsspp on Android, and I've downloaded a Sora KH3 model that fits in a Cloud DLC8 slot. Where do I put the pack that I've downloaded in the directory?
03-27-2014, 10:29 AM
Put it in PSP/GAME/ULUS10566 if it's U.S.
PSP/GAME/ULES01505 for Europe.

Catch me if you can't catch me if you can't Cats are nice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-27-2014, 10:40 PM
will the intro movie glitch ever get fixed?
03-28-2014, 01:45 AM
This is an entertaining example of replay desync:

http://youtu.be/tpAZBRKlues

The video and replay aren't mine so I can't provide it, and the PPSSPP version used was 0.9.6.2.

Incidentally, on the latest dev builds there are still weird graphical artifacts that look like random specks of light using Framebuffers to Memory.

I only use PPSSPP on Windows.
Intel Core i3 1.9GHz | 4GB RAM | Integrated Intel HD 4400 | Windows 8.1 x64
03-28-2014, 03:02 AM
Danmaku, don't count on it. Anyway, at least it doesn't affect gameplay :\

03-28-2014, 04:34 PM
It can be fixed, but it requires someone with a pc and some time to spare as it seems to require compiler level debugging things from what Unknown pointed me to on github, I wish I had time myself to look into it but the fact that I barely have time to get on my pc kills that wish of mine, argh.

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
03-31-2014, 02:24 PM
(03-20-2014 05:48 AM)xboxmandude Wrote:  Okay so

It's not necessary BUT it adds "flavor".

For one like me, I played III - XII and I'm so much happy to see them in Dissidia.

Just a quick question. I just started playing the UNDUB version which has EUR which says ULES01505. The dubbing was okay I guess but then I think I might try to play the English one. My question now is will my save from US version be usable with EUR?
03-31-2014, 07:02 PM
I switched from a normal to an undub version myself without disrupting the save. As long as you use the European version (that's what ULES means), you'll be fine switching back to a regular copy.

Savestates do not work between normal and undub versions.

04-04-2014, 02:49 AM
Hey guys, new here but still wanted to see if I could contribute some

Dissidia 012 runs great for me on my standard Aspire 57422 (replaced Hard Drive is the only modification), there are some notable glitches though

-Order's Sanctuary is permanently dim, unlit and gray. I can see fine but it is just not up to the actual standards of the PSP game. I would say that this could be my computer but there are no issues with any other arenas, and its not just actual game play but also cutscenes and such.

-Playback in Collection is NOT glitched, playback is every bit as fast as the actual game. however, Converting to AVI has the convert process play with no sounds, while the file produced has no video.

-I'm not 100% if this is just because I wondered where I should not have, but entering any communications lobby will result in an endless loop of attempting to connect. It will never connect to anything. you can cancel out of it, but that leads to an endless loop of the cancel screen

-DLC works fine, I can tell no problems with the musical DLC, but the costume DLC seem to have a weird artifact going on after jumps and during loose screens. Only tested with Terra's and Tifa's so far, but I did not notice anything of the like with any of their other costumes

-Lightining's Watera spell doesn't have the proper transparency assigned for some reason, leaving it looking like a black sphere of bubbles rather then the sphere of water it's supposed to. Personally I like it (and it makes Lightning cooler I think) but it is an emulation issue as far as I can figure out.

-Music itself seems to work fine, and sound as a whole gels rather well, but when it doesn't (which isn't very often in game, and mostly when I've brought the window back to focus after doing something else) it sounds absolutely horrid. My one concern here is really the main menu, which seems to never recover from these bouts of static mess.

Hope I helped
04-04-2014, 05:50 PM
A lot of these graphical issues you mentioned are fixed with Buffered Rendering+2x PSP Resolution.

04-04-2014, 07:31 PM
(04-04-2014 02:49 AM)UDDCommander Wrote:  -Order's Sanctuary is permanently dim, unlit and gray. I can see fine but it is just not up to the actual standards of the PSP game. I would say that this could be my computer but there are no issues with any other arenas, and its not just actual game play but also cutscenes and such.

This is one of the many standing glitches in Framebuffers to Memory rendering mode + 1x resolution (not to be confused with the equally long but different list of glitches in Buffered Rendering mode).

Quote:-Playback in Collection is NOT glitched, playback is every bit as fast as the actual game. however, Converting to AVI has the convert process play with no sounds, while the file produced has no video.

This is expected behavior. The conversion process should play without sound, and to get video to record you need to use Framebuffers to Memory rendering mode.

Quote:-I'm not 100% if this is just because I wondered where I should not have, but entering any communications lobby will result in an endless loop of attempting to connect. It will never connect to anything. you can cancel out of it, but that leads to an endless loop of the cancel screen

As far as I know this is a known issue. Multiplayer support for PPSSPP is still very limited and doesn't work for Dissidia.

04-05-2014, 03:27 AM
Ok, I did what was suggested (buffered Rendering and 2x resolution) however, that caused a new bug to appear, on DLC outfits (which are still glitched graphically) there is no speaking.

I confirmed this with all costume DLC that can be bought off PSN, plus the Tifa DLC. DLC music is unaffected.