Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.23 Average
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
09-23-2013, 03:11 PM
RE: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
I just checked with 1175, and yeah there is some issues with mouths not moving which is very strange.

So black boxes are gone, but there are still issues like character having a weird blurry outline like it was some bad 3D movie, what settings are people using? (got I wish the first post would update, or get a wiki going) I'd play around with them my self but now there are so many settings since I last used, and switching between the different Buffer Rendering modes messes things up worse and worse the more you switch, so trying different configurations to find the right one is more difficult now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2013, 03:41 PM
I don't know if this helps, on my laptop when I run PPSSPP with gfx processor NVidia, it has sort of a silhouette image of the character running in tandem with the screen, with the Intel HD4600, I don't see it, and it runs just as fast.
09-23-2013, 11:21 PM
using non-buffered rendering should fix the silhouettes. I've sometimes seen it cause other graphical issues like flickering or missing textures though
09-26-2013, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2013 04:39 PM by solidforger.)
I'm also having the weird silhouette issue...it only happens on certain stages but it makes the ex break sequences quite blurred and slow...it reminds me of a very persistent bug on the PCSX2 emu.
It's sort of a pain to have to switch buff rendering off, since that introduces other glitches. It used to work just fine a while back...I really hope they fix this in upcoming releases...
09-27-2013, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2013 06:27 PM by solidforger.)
Bug Dissidia 012 offset bug
Greetings Henrik, if you ever happen to drop by this thread, below are included some examples of the ghostly shadows offset bug affecting Dissidia 012

it's been introduced since fixing the weird shadows in Kingdom Hearts BBS...I'll take a bug free Dissidia over KH any day, though it'd be great to have them both fixed in coming releases.

PS: I know it takes time to work these kinks out, and I'm aware that the progress this emulator has seen is quite staggering, considering the short time it's been out, what you've been able to achieve is nothing short of amazing. So kudos for that and keep on keeping!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-27-2013, 04:05 PM
(09-27-2013 03:44 PM)solidforger Wrote:  Greetings Henrik, if you ever happen to drop by this thread, here are some examples of the ghostly shadows offset bug affecting Dissidia 012:

[Image: screen00032_zps42818309.png.html]

[Image: screen00020_zps339e2320.png.html]

[Image: screen00065_zpsdc2d9d78.png.html]

[Image: screen00069_zpsf3745991.png.html]

it's been introduced since fixing the weird shadows in Kingdom Hearts BBS...I'll take a bug free Dissidia over KH any day, though it'd be great to have them both fixed in coming releases.

PS: I know it takes time to work these kinks out, and I'm aware that the progress this emulator has seen is quite staggering, considering the short time it's been out, what you've been able to achieve is nothing short of amazing. So kudos for that and keep on keeping!

Try Non Buffered Rendering for it, it removes the ghostly shadows but in exchange it kinda decreases the brightness of the game, at least for me.Sad

Feel Free To Visit My Youtube Channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGPnfU4q12x6vEWXv4Ftq8Q/videos
10-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Hey everyone! I just started messing around with this emulator after pining the loss of my PSP and I started playing some Dissidia 012. Everything works fine, aside from two known issues:

1. No music
2. Texture tearing on the background and menus.

The issue with the textures I can probably fix on my own, but I would love to get some help to get the music working.
10-04-2013, 12:02 AM
(10-03-2013 09:39 PM)Dengeki Wrote:  Hey everyone! I just started messing around with this emulator after pining the loss of my PSP and I started playing some Dissidia 012. Everything works fine, aside from two known issues:

1. No music

The issue with the textures I can probably fix on my own, but I would love to get some help to get the music working.

For audio you'd have to download an external plugin...in the emulator audio setting panel, you have the option to download it straight from the source.

I'm not sure about the texture tearing issue, but you can always update to the latest version here http://www.ppsspp.org/index.html

I hope I could be of some assistance, cheers!
10-04-2013, 01:48 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 01:48 AM by Dengeki.)
(10-04-2013 12:02 AM)solidforger Wrote:  
(10-03-2013 09:39 PM)Dengeki Wrote:  Hey everyone! I just started messing around with this emulator after pining the loss of my PSP and I started playing some Dissidia 012. Everything works fine, aside from two known issues:

1. No music

For audio you'd have to download an external plugin...in the emulator audio setting panel, you have the option to download it straight from the source.

I'm not sure about the texture tearing issue, but you can always update to the latest version here http://www.ppsspp.org/index.html

I hope I could be of some assistance, cheers!

That fixed the music issue, now all I need is to fix the tearing on the textures and the font. I wasn't sure where to go to get the font required, so....yeah...
10-04-2013, 03:17 AM
Hi everyone, new android PPSSPP user here. I'm wondering what kind of tweaking I can do on a rooted T-mo Galaxy S4 to increase FPS? Any time any moves go off the FPS slows down a bit.

Would OCing the CPU/GPU help? Thanks.
10-04-2013, 04:46 AM
(10-04-2013 03:17 AM)s0ysauce45 Wrote:  Hi everyone, new android PPSSPP user here. I'm wondering what kind of tweaking I can do on a rooted T-mo Galaxy S4 to increase FPS? Any time any moves go off the FPS slows down a bit.

Would OCing the CPU/GPU help? Thanks.

Setting the render mode to non-buffered might be helpful. Also, turn off Vsync and anti-aliasing might speed it up a bit, too.
10-04-2013, 04:57 AM
As of 1461, the double-speed (30 FPS game being displayed at 60 FPS) bug is back, though in 1473 it's only double-speed for part of the victory sequence before slowing down.

I only use PPSSPP on Windows.
Intel Core i3 1.9GHz | 4GB RAM | Integrated Intel HD 4400 | Windows 8.1 x64
10-11-2013, 11:34 AM
I was having an issue, downloaded the latest Dev build, and I'm still having an issue. The game works fine for a while. I go through the new game setup, and when I'm done, the screen blanks white and that's it.
10-13-2013, 05:41 PM
I just tested, and using r1788, the Windows 64-bit version, I had no problems with new game setup through reaching the main menu.

No new developments as far as I can see regarding play; these issues persist:

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/3680 (reappeared)
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/3900
(https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/3692 is another report of #3900)

If you just want to play the game the way it's meant to look, the best rev remains 0.9.1-r502, but it's much worse than the latest for cutscenes and might have some bugs regarding EXP to __ abilities. Since neither issue has been worked on for weeks, this is how it is likely to remain for a while. Thankfully r502 is still available on the buildbot.

I only use PPSSPP on Windows.
Intel Core i3 1.9GHz | 4GB RAM | Integrated Intel HD 4400 | Windows 8.1 x64
10-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Is there a way to play this game without the non-buffered on?
Because it slows down frames and speed greatly
And when I play with buffered rendering on instead,the character models are invisible
But the Frames and speed are amazingly high but the graphics are almost pixelated