Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.23 Average
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
06-16-2013, 07:07 AM
RE: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
(06-16-2013 04:59 AM)WavesBlade Wrote:  Hmm, using the latest automated PPSSPP version (v0.7.6-1398-gf836517), reporting a few issues I've encountered.

Whenever I try to purchase a character in the PP catalouge, as soon as I back out I either get a blackscreen / whitescreen of death for the emulator. Music is still playing, but thats it. I also hear a kind of audio tearing (ish?) when I purchase Gabranth specifically.

Also, cutscenes are completely black, they weren't when I first loaded up this, but after I started fiddling with settings (such as turning off buff rendering to get rid of graphical glitches) they became pure black and stay that way irregardless of settings.

The game also hung for me after beating Kain with lightning in chapter one. I heard all the dialogue (world chooses strong wills or something to that effect) that followed, then just a white screen preventing progression.

While on the world map, pressing start and clicking save --> quit will also hang the game.

Having buffered-rendering makes everything reaaaally flashy as well, but I'm assuming that is well known.

Edit: and now its hanging off winning 1v1 matches, and backing out of customization, wth did I do >.<

I havent had any of these problems besides buffered-rendering on the ppsspp, are you using phone or computer?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2013, 12:38 PM
Whenever someone pops up with hangs is almost always the ISO corrupted.

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
06-16-2013, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2013 10:59 PM by WavesBlade.)
(06-16-2013 12:38 PM)kenny43 Wrote:  Whenever someone pops up with hangs is almost always the ISO corrupted.

Mmm, silly me, simple solutions never come easy to me. Fixed most of it, cut-scenes are still completely black after entering Lightning's chapter one. I can get past the kain part though, so small loss I guess.
06-16-2013, 11:10 PM
Yeah black cutscenes are a known isssue, they only happen on the first story and reports though (012 main escenario) On the next story (light to all, 013) cutscenes are all good.

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
06-17-2013, 09:45 PM
One way to work around the problems with buffered rendering (flickering and ghostly duplication on many stages) is to turn it off and on again. This isn't guaranteed to work on stages like Ultimecia's Castle Omega, but it works OK on stages like Lunar Subterrane.

I only use PPSSPP on Windows.
Intel Core i3 1.9GHz | 4GB RAM | Integrated Intel HD 4400 | Windows 8.1 x64
06-18-2013, 05:40 AM
this is first time i tested this game
and i test it with my xperia play gingerbread 2.3.3
with latest build of ppsspp....
but it always crash from the beginning i load the game on ppsspp...
is it because my phone is not strong enough to load this game or what?!
06-18-2013, 07:55 PM
Just asking if the Blacking out of the screen after Gabaranth's battle in Earth Cavern (013 mission) posted here.

and is there a fix already?
06-19-2013, 12:18 AM
What build and version are you using? I had no such problem when I did that battle the week before last.

I only use PPSSPP on Windows.
Intel Core i3 1.9GHz | 4GB RAM | Integrated Intel HD 4400 | Windows 8.1 x64
06-19-2013, 02:55 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2013 03:01 AM by Leebee.)
Hi I'm new here and new to PPSSPP, but I was having trouble with a few things:

I'm using a DS3 to play the game through motioninjoy, but in dissidia 012 I cannot get my left analog stick to work correctly. it's only inputting the hard directions (up, down, left, right). I went into motioninjoy settings and calibrated the analog stick so that it shows full analog movement in the test menu, but in game nothing but the cardinal directions work. is this a problem with all games or just dissidia? does anyone have any insight into the problem I'm facing?

thanks so much.

EDIT: just a clarification, it's definitely not a hardware problem; I use my DS3 regularly for PS3 games and various games on steam.
06-19-2013, 03:48 AM
scrap motionjunk with revo uninstaller and install the scarlet crush ds3 driver/filter from the pcsx2 forums

then use Xinput instead of DirectInput
06-19-2013, 04:47 AM
(06-19-2013 03:48 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote:  scrap motionjunk with revo uninstaller and install the scarlet crush ds3 driver/filter from the pcsx2 forums

Thanks for showing me a much better program than motioninjoy, I hated that piece of junk.

but it's still not working for me in dissidia. I'm only getting the cardinal directions, even when using Xinput.

I tried my controller out on my steam games and it's reading the directions fine there. Huh
06-19-2013, 05:16 AM
(06-19-2013 04:47 AM)Leebee Wrote:  Thanks for showing me a much better program than motioninjoy, I hated that piece of junk.

but it's still not working for me in dissidia. I'm only getting the cardinal directions, even when using Xinput.

I tried my controller out on my steam games and it's reading the directions fine there. Huh

Im doing the same thing with my DS3 and motionjoy, i also use xpadder just in case i wanna use my controller for mouse purposes or minecraft. but anyway, whenever i use the analog stick for dissidia 012, it wont fully work unless i have xpadder ontop of PPSSPP which is annoying so instead of using analog stick, i went with DPad for movement. But that glitch where i even use the Analog stick for movement, pushing it all the way in any direction, the character im playing as goes one step in that direction.
As far as i know its a glitch in the ppsspp, only on Dissidia and i think Birth by sleep. Hopefully it will be fixed in later updates.
06-19-2013, 07:33 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2013 07:38 AM by Squall Leonhart.)
im guessing you 2 guys are using the latest stable build instead of the latest orphis build.

(06-19-2013 04:47 AM)Leebee Wrote:  
(06-19-2013 03:48 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote:  scrap motionjunk with revo uninstaller and install the scarlet crush ds3 driver/filter from the pcsx2 forums

Thanks for showing me a much better program than motioninjoy, I hated that piece of junk.

by cardinal, do you mean

Up
Up Left
Left
Down Left
Down
Down Right
Right
Up Right?

If so, this is actually how the game works on real hardware, both analog and dpad are 8 way only in this title.

If you meant 4 way, then yeah, like i said above, you have an old version of the emulator.
06-19-2013, 07:37 AM
(06-16-2013 11:10 PM)kenny43 Wrote:  Yeah black cutscenes are a known isssue, they only happen on the first story and reports though (012 main escenario) On the next story (light to all, 013) cutscenes are all good.

Are black cutscenes(are they movies or in-game rendered?) still happening with the latest revision(v0.7.6-1469-g07a6242)? It's possible that it may be fixed with it, if they're mpeg/psmf movies.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
06-19-2013, 10:22 AM
(03-03-2013 03:40 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  The game is Playable (can be moved to playable now).
You need to create a flash0 folder inside PPSSPP folder and place the font folder inside it.
On Android it's something simmilar.

can i ask that folder and font inside from you?Huh
i will be verry many thanks to youBig Grin