Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.23 Average
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
05-07-2013, 04:05 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 04:06 AM by solarmystic.)
RE: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
(05-07-2013 03:55 AM)Sarisa81 Wrote:  Thank you for the latest; my last was April 20. (I'm running Windows on a full-size laptop, so I can indulge in a limited number of bells and whistles.)

Is there a site where oitoiff posts links to his builds?

He's currently posting links in the PPSSPP github issues page of his own where he details his efforts in making the AV branch of PPSSPP.

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/997

You have to scroll to the bottom of this really, really long page to get his latest build. Search for the posts written by oioitff (sorry, misspelled his name earlier). The one I linked to earlier is still his latest one.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2013, 07:22 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 09:08 AM by Jozma7.)
As I said, I was going to list all the problems and irregularities that I was able to find on the visual base, not the programming or similar. Just look the comparisons that I explained down.

1.Dissidia "broken textures":
-By this I meant to say that, if you're already spotted, the colored trails that are left simultaneously after any character attacks with their respective weapon (sword, shield, dagger, sphere, staff...) are "broken" like stick. The problem is that this trails needs to be circled and curved, but they are simply ugly and "broken", see the attachment pictures and the differences selected within the red ellipse:
PPSSPP:
[attachment=4492] [attachment=4495] [attachment=4496]

PSP:
[attachment=4497] [attachment=4498]

2.Dissidia EX Revenge bad processing and bad graphics:
-When you go to EX Revenge by using buffered rendering, it separates the screen it two same mirrored images ( the up and down one ) like it does every time in the game and it won't show the black-white-gray terrain graphics:
[attachment=4499]

-When you go to EX Revenge without buffered rendering, it doesn't show the mirrored images, but the same it won't show the black-white-gray terrain, just shows the black floor beneath your character:
[attachment=4500]

-And now the PSP normal look:
[attachment=4501]

3.Dissidia too much lighting:
-I spotted in the one of the last revisions that the problem was made in progress, and the problem is the too much light that came from nowhere, and that problem is producing the strange texture appearance to various characters ( in this case all the time I was using the Warrior of Light ):
PPSSPP before:
[attachment=4502]

PPSSPP after:
[attachment=4503] [attachment=4504] [attachment=4505]

PSP:
[attachment=4507] [attachment=4506] [attachment=4509]

-It would be great if this problems are going to be solved, as the many other problems like the non transparency I mentioned before and the problems that cannot be seen now. I also wanted to say that the xBRZ, Hybrid, Bicubic and Hybrid Bicubic doesn't help this game with solving any problem, but I'm also curious what does deposterisation means? See if anyone can do anything about the buffered rendering in cause of fixing it!

P.S.-every time I go here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ftGc2t...JhWE0/edit and try to download the emu it shows 404 not found?! Also I want you to know that everything I wrote here is only about windows version of PPSSPP!
05-07-2013, 11:31 AM
can u play it on iphone? i mean at least fps good enough
05-07-2013, 12:13 PM
(05-07-2013 02:16 AM)limen123 Wrote:  Galaxy S1. Just went to 452 and it's still there. I'm mainly testing games just to give results for the devs since it could maybe help them. So far, only a couple games run full speed.
Oh, no wonder.. I had tested it myself yesterday in one of those, there are several problems with PowerVR GPUs, Henrik said he'd work on the compatibility with his nexus S after a while, so all there's to do is report and wait I guess.
(05-07-2013 03:38 AM)iricecake Wrote:  Who play dissidia_012 on their android? Sorry i need help can u help me by answering this?

Version of PPSSPP:
fps/vps:
PPSSPP Settings:

Tnx in advnce ^^
I'm using latest git, with my phone on 1Ghz I get 35-60vps depending on how much stuff the emulator is drawing (Example just both characters standing makes it 60vps but attacking goes around 50 and breaking stuff like magitek tubes drops to 30), overclocking to 1.4 or more gives me 60vps almost constantly, very few slowdowns.

My settings are the normal stock setting... With few changes
Jit & Fastmem are on
HW transform, vertex cache and mipmapping are on. Then buffered rendering and all the filters are off.
No frameskipping either, that's pretty much it..
(05-07-2013 07:22 AM)Jozma7 Wrote:  As I said, I was going to list all the problems and irregularities that I was able to find on the visual base, not the programming or similar. Just look the comparisons that I explained down.

1.Dissidia "broken textures":
-By this I meant to say that, if you're already spotted, the colored trails that are left simultaneously after any character attacks with their respective weapon (sword, shield, dagger, sphere, staff...) are "broken" like stick. The problem is that this trails needs to be circled and curved, but they are simply ugly and "broken", see the attachment pictures and the differences selected within the red ellipse:
PPSSPP:

PSP:

2.Dissidia EX Revenge bad processing and bad graphics:
-When you go to EX Revenge by using buffered rendering, it separates the screen it two same mirrored images ( the up and down one ) like it does every time in the game and it won't show the black-white-gray terrain graphics:

-When you go to EX Revenge without buffered rendering, it doesn't show the mirrored images, but the same it won't show the black-white-gray terrain, just shows the black floor beneath your character:

-And now the PSP normal look:

3.Dissidia too much lighting:
-I spotted in the one of the last revisions that the problem was made in progress, and the problem is the too much light that came from nowhere, and that problem is producing the strange texture appearance to various characters ( in this case all the time I was using the Warrior of Light ):
PPSSPP before:

PPSSPP after:

PSP:

-It would be great if this problems are going to be solved, as the many other problems like the non transparency I mentioned before and the problems that cannot be seen now. I also wanted to say that the xBRZ, Hybrid, Bicubic and Hybrid Bicubic doesn't help this game with solving any problem, but I'm also curious what does deposterisation means? See if anyone can do anything about the buffered rendering in cause of fixing it!

P.S.-every time I go here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ftGc2t...JhWE0/edit and try to download the emu it shows 404 not found?! Also I want you to know that everything I wrote here is only about windows version of PPSSPP!

Overbright issues have been already reported here:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/1692

I had as well noticed these other issues but to be honnest I don't really bother opening an issue on Github unless they are really bothersome LOL, but you can feel free to keep reporting anything else here or on Github, I've got the habit to do it on github since I was told it's easier for the guys to spot it there, so yeah.

Good job btw!

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
05-07-2013, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2013 02:12 PM by Sarisa81.)
As mentioned in the Github thread, turning off buffered rendering "fixes" the overbrightness and some other graphical artifacts I have - some stages have a "flickering ghost image" effect, and many HP attacks cause the screen to break into segments with each segment flickering a bit.
(Edit: I think the word for the artifact I was experiencing is "screen tearing.")

"Posterization" means converting a color gradient to distinct regions, each with their own tone - think about what happened when you converted a picture to GIF or some other 256-color format from 16-bit color.

I only use PPSSPP on Windows.
Intel Core i3 1.9GHz | 4GB RAM | Integrated Intel HD 4400 | Windows 8.1 x64
05-08-2013, 06:32 AM
(05-07-2013 01:57 PM)Sarisa81 Wrote:  As mentioned in the Github thread, turning off buffered rendering "fixes" the overbrightness and some other graphical artifacts I have - some stages have a "flickering ghost image" effect, and many HP attacks cause the screen to break into segments with each segment flickering a bit.

No, I tried what you told me, and still overbrightness isn't fixed. I disabled the buffered rendering and it's still there, only the separate image doesn't show and black screens appears in some parts of the game. It would be great if the solution to fixing the buffered rendering problems would be found. :\
05-08-2013, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 02:43 PM by KingpinZero.)
Guys is there a way to start the story mode? Doesnt matter which option i choose, as soon as i start the first chapter with Lightning the emu crashes.
IVe tried everything. Also same happens with oioitff builds.
I am missing something?
EDIT: ok ive found a fix myself, tried to read the thread a bit but couldnt find a solution. Turning off ME gets ingame, then ive made another save (using the save trick described earlier) and after that moved both save folders to the ppsspp oioitff build. Now it works with audio, movies and speech.

[Gaming PC]: i7 3770k @ 4,6ghz - 8gb DDR3 1600 G.Skill Ares - GTX 780Ti AMP! - Windows 8 pro x64 - Asus VG248QE
[Mobile]: Iphone 5s 16gb Space Grey - Galaxy S3 GT-i9305 LTE
[Android]: Nvidia Shield
[Consoles]: PsVita - Crisis Core Limited Edition PSP - PS4
05-08-2013, 05:14 PM
(05-07-2013 07:22 AM)Jozma7 Wrote:  P.S.-every time I go here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ftGc2t...JhWE0/edit and try to download the emu it shows 404 not found?!

Can someone help me with this?
05-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Jozma7 you need to create a google account if you don't have already & try to download with firefox
05-09-2013, 09:59 AM
(05-08-2013 05:29 PM)sfageas Wrote:  Jozma7 you need to create a google account if you don't have already & try to download with firefox

I have the google account already, but every time I click the down arrow and click download, it just shows this (look at the picture below):

[attachment=4553]
05-09-2013, 01:21 PM
The latest oioitff build is here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ftGc2t...edit?pli=1
Go to "File" (in Google Docs) and "Download" and it should work in Firefox (that's what I run).

Disabling buffered rendering does cause some black screens when a fight is loading, which are obnoxious, but they're worth the tradeoff of the graphical glitches in recent revs. I don't recall r245 having so many glitches.

05-09-2013, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2013 01:31 PM by Jozma7.)
(05-09-2013 01:21 PM)Sarisa81 Wrote:  The latest oioitff build is here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ftGc2t...edit?pli=1
Go to "File" (in Google Docs) and "Download" and it should work in Firefox (that's what I run).

Disabling buffered rendering does cause some black screens when a fight is loading, which are obnoxious, but they're worth the tradeoff of the graphical glitches in recent revs. I don't recall r245 having so many glitches.

Okay, thanks Big Grin ! It worked Big Grin , and, as you said, I'll continue using the emu without buffered rendering till the solution is found. I'll be missing the 60fps Sad
05-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Yeah, in-game audio causes a hit to the FPS, so I couldn't play around with texture scaling anymore. I'm using Vertex Cache, Hardware Transform, Stream VBO, True Color, and nothing else, and changed to the "Balanced" preset in Catalyst. I can get it to run 60 FPS, but if I do anything to make the graphics look better I fall below 60 FPS.

05-09-2013, 04:23 PM
(05-09-2013 02:05 PM)Sarisa81 Wrote:  Yeah, in-game audio causes a hit to the FPS, so I couldn't play around with texture scaling anymore. I'm using Vertex Cache, Hardware Transform, Stream VBO, True Color, and nothing else, and changed to the "Balanced" preset in Catalyst. I can get it to run 60 FPS, but if I do anything to make the graphics look better I fall below 60 FPS.

No, what I really wanted to say is that if you turn of the buffered reading, frames fall from 60 to 30, and that's annoying, but you get the less buggy gaming instead. :\
05-09-2013, 05:58 PM
(05-09-2013 04:23 PM)Jozma7 Wrote:  No, what I really wanted to say is that if you turn of the buffered reading, frames fall from 60 to 30, and that's annoying, but you get the less buggy gaming instead. :\
On my system the reported FPS stays stable at 60. Duodecim itself runs at 30 FPS, so unless you're saying it runs half speed I don't see the problem.